ladies approx 5'9 to 5'11 what is your current weight and go

Options

Replies

• willafan
    willafan Posts: 101
    Options
    5'9 and currently 166.5, medium frame. My goal is to get to 160, maybe 155. It would be great to comfortably fit a size 10 although my large frame and curves may not cooperate:)
  • ctb18
    ctb18 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 5' 10". My current weight runs between 180 and 185 and my goal is 170. I've managed to keep the same weight for over a year (which is better than gaining!), but would really like it to be 10 lbs less.
  • katelovescoffee2
    katelovescoffee2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    5'10.5 here!
    SW: 165
    CW: 162
    Goal: 155-160 maintenance/size 8/10
    I'm not sure what "build" I am, but if I had to guess, I am medium to large. I'll have to find out!

For the past several years, I've bounced between 163 (my wedding) and 170, and have been a solid size 12. After getting frustrated with how clothes just fit me, im working on losing a few pounds and controlling my portions to see what will happen.

Basically, I suck at portions, and thats why I am on here! :)

I'm more trying to lose fat/build muscle, so i dont know how accurate my weight will be long term. Once I get under 160, I plan to keep maintenance.

As for calories, my current calorie allowance is 1410, not including workout calories. I work out 60+ min/day, 6 days a week, so if I eat back my workout calories, Im usually around 2200 calories/day. I'm all about eating back my workout calories, because I am doing a lot of weight training (and im ALWAYS hungry)

I have an open diary if anyone wants to check it out - I'm curious to see others too who are around my height/weight!
  • greeneyedredneckangel
    Options
    5*10 and 185 want to be about 150- 160
  • greeneyedredneckangel
    Options
    would like to have friends about my size
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    5'10 currently 210... goal 160 but ultimate goal is 145
  • jamiiiii
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and I LOVE seeing all these other tall women respond.
    I live in the south and feel like a giant most of the time around here.
    It is definitely those Scandinavian roots.

At (what I believe was) my heaviest, right around my college graduation last May, I weighed in at 226. (Wore a US size 18)
    I started MFP after getting down to about 215, last summer.

Currently at ~180. (It ranges from 185 to 180 depending on how badly I am eating that week.)

I've been stalled here and it is really frustrating, but I was able to fit into a size 10 even though the scale hasn't moved much. I've been wearing a size 12 pretty consistently for the last 3 months or so. I spoke with my sister and we figured out that I haven't worn a size 10 since I was in. So I am the smallest I've been in 10(ish) years.

I am not completely unhappy with where I am (it is a HUGE improvement over how large I was last year) but I would like to go further before I have to wear a swimsuit in public.

My ultimate goal weight is somewhere between 145-160. I depends on how I look, since I don't really have any idea of what I look like at a healthy weight in my adult life.
  • HealthyHappyVegan
    Options
    I'm 5'9 :)
    CW: 168.5
    GW: Not sure if it's my Ultimate Goal Weight yet but 150
  • GThinMintG
    GThinMintG Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11, seven inch wrist and 223 pounds. I did a fat analysis test and it said my healthy range starts at 207 and that with my large frame I should never go below 170. I'd like to get that re-tested though because that just still seems high..
  • greeneyedredneckangel
    Options
    i am 5*10 weigh 185 goal 140-150
  • cakeums
    cakeums Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Would having a 6" wrist be considered large frame? According to the charts it is, but when I weigh anything over 150, I look heavy...so now I don't know? Silly question, I know, but one I would be interested in knowing (based on all of your experience).

Yes, it would. From what I read anything under 6 1/4 is small frame.

First, if anything under 6 1/4" is small frame, then 6" is a small frame. Second, it all depends on how tall you are. Third, there is also a medium frame. At 5 '9.5", if I put in 6 1/4", I get small frame, and if I put in 6 3/8", I get medium frame. It depends on which wrist I'm measuring.
  • cakeums
    cakeums Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    5' 9.5"
    SW: 213
    CW: 195.6
    GW: 165

I would not mind being around 150lbs, but I just don't know that it will happen. I am apparently small-framed, my wrist is 6 1/4" and my elbow breadth is about 2 1/2". My ankles are 9" though, so I have no idea what that has to do with anything. I don't think I'm small-framed, even at 140lbs about 10 years ago, and looking sickeningly thin, I was in a size 10. My hips are definitely on the larger side. I'm jealous of the women posting who are in the 190's and able to wear a size 12 or 14! I am a loose 16 right now. Still another 10lbs at least before I will be able to fit into a 14.
  • DomesticPirate
    DomesticPirate Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    5' 10"; currently 180; short term goal is 165 and I'd like to maintain until we try to have another baby in 2 years or so.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    And I'm really stoked to read this whole thread! Tall girls! :) I'm always the amazon chick ... nice to read about people in similar boats!

Me too! I have a BUNCH of 5'0-5'4 low 100's. It's unrealistic for me to even think of being that weight!
  • MagicCityMomma
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and right now I weigh 245. My goal is 145, which is alot of weight to lose, but its what I weighed before my PCOS symptoms starting showing up and its what I feel most comfortable at.
  • FordGal40
    FordGal40 Posts: 58
    Options
    5'9 I am currently 213.5 and will be happy at 180. At least that's where I am aiming to start with anyway!

You're almost identical to me! 5'9" CW 215.8 GW 180 (ish) first step is under 200!!
  • kadyjackson
    kadyjackson Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and I did weigh 192 and in 5 months I have lost 45 pounds I went from a size 13/14 to a size 5
    I am now at 147 my goal is 145.

This is the best I have felt and looked that is including when I was in high school.

P.S I have a 3 year old and a 6months old. Never let having babies be your excuse...I used that excuse way to long!
  • Kimlp85
    Kimlp85 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    hi, i'm 5'11 and current weight is 206 pound. 1st goal weight is 185
  • LS0586
    LS0586 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5'9 CW 157 GW 140
  • landlockedlove
    landlockedlove Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10.

Starting Weight: 223.4 lbs
    Current Weight: 200.8 lbs
    Goal Weight: 165 lbs

When I get down to 165 I'll reassess, but I was at that weighed in college and pretty happy there.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!