T.H.E. Team April 24-30 - Week 12

Options

Replies

• LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Sittin here at great clips with my youngest. She has been bugging me for 2 days now. Anyways..

Got my day 2 of week 3 done of the c2-5k. Brutal! Im feeling my upper thighs big-time. No elliptical today. Had a lunch date with a friend and was running late. Figures I'd go back for water aerobics tonight but we got invited to dinner at the inlaws so that's out. Oh well, prolly better I don't go back tonight anyway. No rugrats tomorrow so I'm planning on going just to swim and relax in the jacuzzi since it would normally be my day off from the gym.

Lulu- glad you weren't hurt! Of course tomorrow may yield some soreness even if you aren't feeling it now. I hate falling down. At 6' it's a lonnnng way to the ground. Lol

Thanks everyone for the comments on the hair. I didn't even have to pull it back today for my wog! Much much easier to deal with now that it's thinned out and out of my eyes!

Kristi- I can't wait to see your results from the exercise this week!! Keeeep it up!!

Post more later, daughters ready to go with her new do.
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Cyndee- I used to do the same at night with feeling hungry. If I know I haven't gotten all my water in I will drink some. I usually save some cals for the evening now just so I can have a huge glass of no sugar added nesquick and some lowfat milk. (everyone else can stop laughing at my choc milk addiction now... LOL) basically if I eat late at night, I won't be hungry for breakfast. The milk gives me the protien to tide me over and doesn't leave me hungry.

Ps. No artificial sweetners in the nesquick and it cures my daily choc fix so I'm not craving sweets.
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Cyndee- I used to do the same at night with feeling hungry. If I know I haven't gotten all my water in I will drink some. I usually save some cals for the evening now just so I can have a huge glass of no sugar added nesquick and some lowfat milk. (everyone else can stop laughing at my choc milk addiction now... LOL) basically if I eat late at night, I won't be hungry for breakfast. The milk gives me the protien to tide me over and doesn't leave me hungry.

Ps. No artificial sweetners in the nesquick and it cures my daily choc fix so I'm not craving sweets.

Were not laughing at you!! bahhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa... We are laughing at your chocolate milk cow...

But seriously, I had some chocolate milk yesterday morning, sugarfree nesquick and 1% milk, .5 glass and it way yummy!!! It was on my Dr. Ian diet...
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! :happy:
    Just got home from watching the bf's softball game and about to eat dinner then I had to walk the dog and its 820pm. Geez. I better get moving! I just wanted to check in quick, sorry for it being short. I'll catch up on posts in the am!
    Jamie
  • nitag
    Options
    Check out my starting and my now!!!
    Not full body, haven't figured out how to do that yet...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/51256-starting-weight-220-today-s-weight-190-30-lbs
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Anita - You look fabulous!! Love the hair! You are an official knock out I think:glasses: Cute dog, too.

Cyndee- I was always a night eater too. For the last several months I've tried various tactics to quit that bad habit ~ Li4g has her chocolate milk, I use ice - I let it get all melty in the cup and squeeze lime or lemon or orange on it, then much away. I keep it by my chair all evening. Sometimes, I will mix frozen strawberries and a little stevia with a little low fat milk and make a smoothie. I've truly quit craving the carbs at night - now I'm more likely to crave warmed fruit (apples with cinnamon, mmmm) or some celery with hummus, but mostly stick to my ice-munching. Give yourself time, but definately set up a plan for cravings - always keep healthy munchies on hand so they are as easy to put together as a sandwich - or easier:bigsmile:

Chanty - I would definately stick with the gym scale if that's the one you usually use! The Dr. scale is evil! Stay away from it!
  • indianagranny
    Options
    I am running late - so just checking in to say good night. I exercised this evening instead of posting. I will catch up on post in the morning. last night for me this week so maybe can catch up on things this week end and I just had a week off. go figure - already behind. Good night everyone!

Sheila - where and how are you girl? Glanced through the posts and didn't see you. Now I will be wondering about you tonight at work!

gotta go girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good Evening Team,

Well good news there is no stress Fracture... but he told me to take it easy!!! ha ha ha me take it easy.. before I went to see him I went to the gym... I wanted to try the elliptical and my foot didnt hurt doing it so I went ahead and did it for 1 hour... then I went and sat in the sauna for 20 minutes showerd and went in the pool did some laps then did a few water areobics it gave me some pain so I didnt push it...
    I arived at the dr office and when he came in the room he looked at me and said did you have the surgery??? I chuckled and said NO he looked back in my chart and he said the last time I say you was Feb and you weighed 327 and you are 292 wow what are you doing 35 pounds in 2 months good Job... I told him about this website and how I am watching what I am eating and my exercise and told him what brought me to see him.. he looked at my leg and foot.. he did x-ray and said I didnt have a stress fracture and he also did a bone dencity test because of my infusion last week and he said all is well... and to keep up my good work he is very proud of me... :-} well he told me to still rest and not to over do it.... well I am still going to walk but I just wont walk as far I will stick to my 5 miles but I just wont do it back to back days... but I will keep doing my water areobics Mon Wed Fri so I can walk on Tue Thur Sat and do what ever I want on Sun... and I can continue doing my elliptical cuz it dont bother me at all...

Kristi-- Great Job on the workout... You are doing great..

cyndee - I love my choc milk I try to have a glass for dinner or my night snack...

LuLu - I really am glad you werent hurt falling out of that big Truck...It is always good when we can look back and Laugh!!!

Li4g- I can see the awsome difference of your pic's hubby must be all over you lol

anita - congrates on the new kitties have hope they warm up to the doggies!!! lol

Indianagranny - glad you streched before you did your wogging it is for the best!!!

Anyway Its 9 pm and american Idol is on and hubby wants me to watch it with the family... I have to go be a good wife and mommy LOL so see you all in the morning...

good night all

sry it took me so long it took me forever at the dr.. I got there at 4 and didnt get home until 7 and had to eat dinner... then I had to hurry and log everything... see ya all tomorrow

after all that I forgot to say today is my son's 21st birthday!!!! he bought him his first drink and sent me a text... LOL

I am thoughing him a birthday party on Friday with my twin niecs they are 21 on Monday ... my sister had her twins 5 days after I had my son!!! and we didnt even plan that LOL

Sheila
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Well, seems I can come back and post now. Thanks to all who've encouraged me back. As long as ya'll know I'm not weighing in this week:tongue:

Wanted to say great cuts! I'm feeling inspired to wack mine off but then again lazy.

Some great exercising going on ladies. Sad about the injuries though. Respect the injuries and take it easy. Love hearing your progress in the wogging and C25k. I started with a C25K.

Well, I'm very nervous about the marathon. Its Sunday. I'm conserving fuel and taking the exercise light this week. Oh except I agreed to do the P90X yoga....that is just ridiculous to do when your suppose to be taking it easy:noway: . Anyway, here's where I am. I've logged close to 1,000 miles preparing for this marathon. Now I'm super slow which doesn't bother me. I'm a big girl. But all of a sudden I am soooo concerned about my health. I'm full of self doubt. Its gonna rain. And it going to be time for aunt flo.:sad: I need to get my head in the right place. I may need to graffitti myself with positive reinforcement to read over the 26.2 miles:huh:
  • nitag
    Options
    Prayerfulmom, So glad your back.. The negative vibes seem to all be gone :happy:
  • lulubar
    Options
    Prayerfulmom!!!!hug.gif I'm soooo happy to see you!

Okay, you're going to be fine - and you are going to feel soooo great after this marathon. You are a trained athelete and you have been working toward this goal for a long time. I have every faith in your ability and your strength ~ be kind to yourself this week, make sure you stay hydrated. I wish I could be there to cheer you on as you take off (and then I'd have to drive to the other end cuz i'm no crazy runner like the rest of you) and as you cross the finish line!!!! Absolutely graffitti yourself - that would be great! I am sooooo excited for you - your nerves will settle very shortly into your run I bet. Flo-schmo, rain-schmain! Sunday is a GREAT day for a run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swignol - Look atchoo! All shocking your dr. with your weight loss!! WTG! Glad there's no fracture - TAKE CARE of yourself girl!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Well, seems I can come back and post now. Thanks to all who've encouraged me back. As long as ya'll know I'm not weighing in this week:tongue:

Wanted to say great cuts! I'm feeling inspired to wack mine off but then again lazy.

Some great exercising going on ladies. Sad about the injuries though. Respect the injuries and take it easy. Love hearing your progress in the wogging and C25k. I started with a C25K.

Well, I'm very nervous about the marathon. Its Sunday. I'm conserving fuel and taking the exercise light this week. Oh except I agreed to do the P90X yoga....that is just ridiculous to do when your suppose to be taking it easy:noway: . Anyway, here's where I am. I've logged close to 1,000 miles preparing for this marathon. Now I'm super slow which doesn't bother me. I'm a big girl. But all of a sudden I am soooo concerned about my health. I'm full of self doubt. Its gonna rain. And it going to be time for aunt flo.:sad: :frown: I need to get my head in the right place. I may need to graffitti myself with positive reinforcement to read over the 26.2 miles:huh:

(((((((prayerful))))) Sooo SO happy that you are back !!
    Px90 yoga? Sounds painful.. LOL of course, just plain yoga and me don't agree, which means I should do more of it! Ok ok, gonna look at tomorrows class scedule and see if there is a class in the am. Maybe twisting myself in knots will relax my legs. Heehee! Glad to have a running buddy back!! I'll be cheering you on on Sunday!!!
    [/quote]
  • nitag
    Options
    Okay guys.. I posted these pics in the success section.. It's only when I look at a picture I can see what's really there! Anyone else have those same feelings?? The Before picture is of me and my grandson. In my horrible looking defense I was up for over 24 hrs waiting for this guy to be born.. I got to experience the whole thing.. However this picture was very disturbing to me. I look old!!! I'm not old..When my Daughter in law posted it on her myspace page I called her and begged her to take it down. I was mortified!! I'm sure you know what I mean... She wouldn't or should I say she would but my Son loves the picture.

MeandAustin-2.jpg

This picture we took today.. I said why not.. I tried taking full body pics but the flash glares off the mirror so my husband promised me he would do that this weekend.. I'm happy with the results..

100_0200-1.jpg

I tried shrinking them. But this photo stuff is all new to me....
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Woohoo!! I'm in luck!! Yoga @ 9:45am tomorrow! I am so there!!
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Once again, I'm inspired by everything I read here.
    Sheila - Wow! When the doctor is in awe, you KNOW you're a winner!

Thanks for all of the advice about night-time snacks. Funny...I must have read your minds. I've been putting off eating a bowl of strawberries. They're cut and ready for me to eat...since this afternoon. I've been good with my food today, so I may even add in a 1/2 cup of frozen chocolate yogurt.

Anyway, it's getting late. I'm getting tired. I'm sleeping on the couch tonight, because my daughter is at her friend's. And once in awhile, the couch is good for my back. Crazy...I know...

Running marathons? That's amazing. You should be very proud of yourself, Prayerfulmom...
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Holy moly nits!!!! You sure as heck don't look old enough to be a gramma!! Amazing difference!
    Love the hair too!! Very, very pretty! Love the color & it looks so healthy!
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Nitag...You look wonderful. Can't believe you're going to be 45...
  • lulubar
    Options
    Oommmmmm! I saw her whack you in the head AJ!

Kristi - WOW! Great work out - obviously, you make me proud!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You know, I posted this earlier but it didn't dawn on me what it sounded like. I meant good job on the strenuous workout Kristi - not on whacking AJ into the frozen pond!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: (whispers to Kristi: but good job there too - she needed it, heehee, so I won't tell mom):bigsmile:
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Prayerfulmom - I'm glad your back too - we need your experience and example. 26 miles - WOW. I want to become like you :glasses:

Anita - again, WOW! your face says it all :drinker:

I took today as a rest day and only ate 1500 calories. Saw a great quote last night on another thread:

Your body keeps a journal whether you write it down or not!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hi, gang, just checking in quickly before heading for bed. I am usually a night owl, but tomorrow I have to be to workl at 10:00 which is when I usually start my work out. So, I gotta get up earlier. I prolly won't be able to post in the morning tomorrow. We'll see how early I can get up.

Prayerfulmom, it is good to have you back. Wonderful, in fact.

Li4g, you and your chocolate milk. You have infected half the troops! I was there reading your post and got to the point where you said not to make fun of you and your chocolate milk and I had to laugh, because there was that stupid cow! I could see two of your posts, and therefore two cows! Good luck with the yoga.

Lulu, thanks for not telling mom! And may I say, what a great cheerleader you are! Ok, I've said it before, so may I say it again?

Cyndee - so what about not doing gluten free as much as you just try to cut out those 7 or 8 most reactive foods? Or, even cut out a couple at a time and check how you feel? One thing I have noticed since I have been trying to eat 5 or even 6 smaller meals is I am less likely to be hungry at night. I used to fast all day and then about the time I got hungry, things would really pick up at work, so I would have to wait about 3 hours before going home and by then I would just shovel the food in from about 11:00 pm until 1:00 am. Then start over again the next day. So, for me, it also worked to eat my meals and drink my water. Good luck my friend!

Ok, Anita! WOW!!! you look marvelous, absolutely marvelous fabulous, dahling! I feel like I am channeling Nando! For you youngins, sorry, you missed that era of SNL. I encourage you to check Billy Crystal's "Nando" on Youtube.

Sheila, glad you don't have a stress fracture. Now, pay attention to the doc!

Lisa, you;re on your way out, and I am just getting in. Tag - you;re it! Talk to you later!

Ok, here is something I gotta get off my chest. I don't agree with how cm said what she said, and I don't think it should have been such a blanket statement, but I notice we are all much more focused, and we are all posting more regularly since she blew the thread up. LIke I said, I don't agree with everything she said, or how she said it, but I miss her.

I love you guys, and I needed to share that, cuz its been like a rock in my shoe. Thanks for listening.