When would you quit MFP?

Options

Replies

• penelepurr
    penelepurr Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Definitely for a period of time after I reach maintenance, but when that happens I will have other goals. Right now I just have time for gym 2-3 times a week, 30-40 minutes each. After school (this semester) I will be going back to triathlon training and will be using this site to track my macros and observe how the various numbers translate into different results for my body and my fitness, endurance, quality of workouts, etc. It's a really interesting tool and I love using it.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Is logging really that hard?? I have been doing it in a hand written journal for 32 months and joined MFP in Oct. of last year and began logging on her as well.. Anymore it is just second nature and I don't think it is anything more then a part of my daily life... Accountability is the key to success on this journey and I for one plan to continue exactly what I have done to lose over 300 pounds even after I get to maintenance....... Nothing changes at that time, I just gotta keep on keeping on......
  • silvabelle89
    Options
    When they pry my device out of my cold, dead fingers :devil:

Yup.

Or when I feel the pro-ana/mia community has taken over
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Well, I really don't think I'll ever be able to leave, every time I think I have it I learn something new and figure out a new goal. As long as I have an aspiration that has to do with fitness and I like ice cream and chocolate and wine and cake and cookies and caramel and . . . well you get the picture, I'll be here.
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    probably never.. my experience keeps evolving and reinventing and to slip from my achievements would be unbearable. i've tried not tracking before and got real scared as the scale went up a bit.. second nature now. harmless and ohhh so much fun addiction

This!
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    About the time I get a real scary stalker, I guess.

I wasn't crazy about what you wore to work today.

Haha love it!
  • quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Is logging really that hard?? I have been doing it in a hand written journal for 32 months and joined MFP in Oct. of last year and began logging on her as well.. Anymore it is just second nature and I don't think it is anything more then a part of my daily life... Accountability is the key to success on this journey and I for one plan to continue exactly what I have done to lose over 300 pounds even after I get to maintenance....... Nothing changes at that time, I just gotta keep on keeping on......

Well, yes...for me logging is hard. It's just a continual bother to have to think about it when I have a million other things occupying my brain space. I don't have an iphone to log with so I have to always be either near my computer or wifi which isn't always possible. And figuring out if I ate "fill in the blank" grams of hummus at that restaurant does require some thought. Maybe I'm just making excuses...but yes..for me it's a pain.

Ya know...last week I went on vacation and just didn't have the time or ability to log stuff so I just used my best judgement and tried not to eat past what I perceived was a reasonable portion size for whatever I was eating. I also made healthy food choices as much as possible. I returned home expecting to have gained weight because of not logging but actually lost weight. I think it can be done without MFP. I'm just afraid to make that leap.
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    never! I love MFP and I will keep with it as long as it is available to me :-)
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I ever would but if I were to quit it would be after at least one year of maintenance and I would ween myself off of it (maybe subconsciously). I feel like Im the type of person who would stop using it once I got to goal and then start gaining because I feel I can let myself go. It's still important to count calories and in/out when youre maintaining as you need to figure out whats right for you so mfp will still be the fabulous tool (with an awesome support system) like it is while I try to lose.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I swear I will never, ever leave this wonderful.....

....deactivated
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    After I get tired of this forum probably. Things get old for me.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I don't think I ever will, even when I reach my goal weight.
    I may not use it as religiously, but it's such a good tool;
    & it helps me re-focus when I'm not doing so well!
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    So, when would you ever feel comfortable about quitting MFP? After you've reached your goals? Do you expect to do it forever or do you see an end in sight? Just curious. I've reached my goals and there are many days when I'm just so sick of logging. But, like a poor person who has crawled their way out of poverty, I'm afraid to stop for fear I'll go back to the way I was before.
    I wouldn't quit..this site is not just about weight loss, but about a choice to live a healthy lifestye, which includes healthy eating and fitness. It's so easy to backslide, this site keeps you accountable to yourself.
  • Therdigh
    Therdigh Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think if I was on maintenance for lets say 3 months with no gain, maybe I would try to log my calories every other day and see how that works. What I do realize is that I need to weigh in every Friday, no if's and's or butt's. I wish there was a reminder to weigh in, not that I would forget, just so that I do it. I actually like logging in its like a game so who knows maybe I will forever be obsessed.
  • mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    When they start charging for it
    this^^
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Not gonna do it.
  • Cindy_Fit4Life
    Cindy_Fit4Life Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Never! I love the community and logging won't be so important once you've learned how to eat clean and make a life style change. I like MFP cause I like to surround myself with people who have the same goals as myself.

I enjoy this site more than facebook. At least on here I'm using my time and seeing results. As a fitness lover, I enjoy my fitness pals!
  • sschoolfield
    Options
    Don't plan to quit. Logging keeps me aware of what I am taking in. I may not be as diligent about logging once my goals are met, but fear if I don't keep at it, I will slip back into old habits and the pounds will find their way back.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I'm not quitting!
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    When they start charging for it