Healthy banana cookies

Options

Replies

• sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummm! Definitely saving this recipe. I love to bake but haven't done much baking since I started here on MFP. Thanks for posting! :)
  • onek9lover
    Options
    Bump
  • katkrak
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I will be making these for sure! ;)
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    If I wanted to sub peanut butter for the oil, how much should I put in?
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    These sound pretty good...minus the dates. Maybe with some mini-chocolate chips or peanut butter chips for an extra treat!
  • ChristineW82
    ChristineW82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Yum! going to have to try these out. Bet the kids will love them.
  • jelicaa
    jelicaa Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I did not realize so many people felt about dates as I do. I feel kind of sorry for the dates now, and rather compelled to try them so they won't feel neglected.
  • katkrak
    Options
    Info on dates : Dates are a raw food kitchen staple. Their sticky-sweet texture makes them great for binding nuts into bars and tart crusts and they are a subtle sweetener for energy drinks and smoothies. Dates are a natural, unprocessed sugar, with fiber, potassium, calcium, and iron. Using dates as a substitute for refined sugars will save you from the increased heart rate, cloudy thinking, sugar high, obsession to binge, the extra lbs., bloated feeling and most importantly—the sweater on your teeth. A couple Medjool dates (shown here) blended with water and fresh organic lemon juice before a workout make a super-boosting sports drink and dates are quick and easy to prep.
  • _CiaoParis
    Options
    Bump
  • katkrak
    Options
    More on dates : Dates are nuggets of nutrition that satisfy a sweet tooth, making them ideal snacks to stave off hunger. True, dates provide more calories than most fruits, but they make a great substitute for processed sweets, like candy, to help you stick to your weight-loss routine.

California dates are sodium-free, fat-free, cholesterol-free, and a good source of fiber -- all of which are important factors in keeping the pounds off. Learn about this sweet fruit and how it can help slim your waistline and improve your overall health.
    Health Benefits

Loaded with fiber -- both soluble and insoluble -- dates are able to fill you up and keep your bowel habits regular. They are an excellent source of potassium and provide numerous other important vitamins and minerals -- quite a powerhouse packed in a tiny, portable package.
  • fredrico14
    Options
    How do i measure a cup size ?:flowerforyou:
  • carlzjnr
    Options
    bump
  • tarabeltwo
    Options
    Thanks
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy. Thanks for sharing.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I think all you date-haters are crazy! Have you ever had *a* date? Holy sweet deliciousness, Batman!
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Options
    bump
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    yum! I think I'll add some cinnamon and raisins.
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    The other banana cookie led me to this recipe.
    Makes 30 for 56 calories each 2.4 g fat
    Ingredients

3 ripe bananas
    2 cups rolled oats
    1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
    1/3 cup vegetable oil
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Stir in oats, dates, oil, and vanilla. Mix well, and allow to sit for 15 minutes. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
    Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly brown.

Mind if I share with my recipe group? The Cook.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3700-the-cook
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    The other banana cookie led me to this recipe.
    Makes 30 for 56 calories each 2.4 g fat
    Ingredients

3 ripe bananas
    2 cups rolled oats
    1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
    1/3 cup vegetable oil
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Stir in oats, dates, oil, and vanilla. Mix well, and allow to sit for 15 minutes. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
    Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly brown.

Mind if I share with my recipe group? The Cook.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3700-the-cook

Share away!