Healthy banana cookies

Options

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to add the chocolate chips! LOL

Yeah, I think I'll be replacing the dates with chocolate chips!
  • luvgreen25
    luvgreen25 Posts: 202
    Options
    Oooo nice recipe.... anyone made them with the apple sauce instead of oil - if so how much did u use - same amount as the oil.... ?

I'm pretty sure the applesauce is an even swap.
  • TorridSkies4
    Options
    YUM, bump.
  • chrissy10taylor
    Options
    bump
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    bump yum yum
  • GoStaceyGo
    GoStaceyGo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    this sounds good! i think i would replace the dates with walnuts actually
  • cbroadberry
    cbroadberry Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • mollyfw
    mollyfw Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    That sounds very good. Thanks for sharing....and love dates and banana. May try to add in some walnuts and chocoate chips and peanut butter. It's time to clean out the pantry anyways....lol!!!!
  • raylenel
    raylenel Posts: 41
    Options
    bump for later :)
  • DinahKyle
    DinahKyle Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    This is stupid and I am sorry, but I have always wondered this and this may be where to ask.

What the heck do dates taste like?
  • sjackson1717
    sjackson1717 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Bumping. Thanks for sharing
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Bump! and thanks!
  • sirenap123
    Options
    You really have to taste them to know but...I guess the closest thing I can think of is fig without the seedy grittiness. Or maybe sweet sticky raisins.
  • Heather20646
    Options
    I frequently make something similar...I use oats, bananas, cherries, pineapple, raisins, craisins, coconut...pretty much whatever I prefer at the moment. I used to use oil with it as well but decided two nights ago to try it without the oil, therefore leaving only oats, vanilla and fruit. The outside was a little more dry than usual but not too bad. Inside was just as good as ever. Love it!
  • fit_healthy
    fit_healthy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sollyn
    sollyn Posts: 179
    Options
    I plan on using raisins. Also you can replace applesauce for the oil.

wait a minute, if you use apple sauce how wil the cookies not burn without and oil i wonder ?

I was wondering the same, i will give it a go!
  • sollyn
    sollyn Posts: 179
    Options
    Will try this with apple sauce instead of oil as suggested by OP. Now all I need is a recipe for apple sauce.

Try sainsbury's!
  • tinazoli
    tinazoli Posts: 1
    Options
    These sound great. I wonder about adding honey instead of oil. Maybe too dry??
  • AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Just tried these, although a modified verison of the recipe - I sort of halved it because I wasn't sure how it would come out as I don't have measuring cups.

I used 80 grams of oats, 1.5 banana, chopped dates, chopped walnuts, some appleauce, about a tablespoon of oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.

Worked great, the only problem is that when I make things like this I just eat loads of them, rather than having one or two, which is why I avoid keeping sweets around the house! Anyway, they were very good and I will definitely make again!