All 5'7" - 5'9" -- Let's compare weight w/pants size

Options

Replies

• piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Honestly: My "short-term goal" is to get below double-digit pants sizes!

First off, you are absolutely stunning. Second (and I feel like I'm whispering this like its a secret or something, lol) go check out Ann Taylor, Old Navy, or White House/Black Market. I do not work for these stores, but my patronage does seem to keep me in single-digit sizes... they must like me or something. :)
  • AmberJaebabeyy
    Options
    I'm from Australia I'm 171cms (5.7-5.8) weight 58 kgs (128) and wear aus 8-10 in both tops and bottoms which is I think a 4-6? I've got wide hips and big ribs and no waist pretty much straight up and down :/
  • run1984
    Options
    I am 5'7 and 125 lbs. I wear a size 2 and have been marathon training for 2 years. It took a 60 lb loss to make it to size 2. Which was the goal.
  • kdruga
    kdruga Posts: 35
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and wearing a 12 now and weigh 193. When i started, I was at 222 wearing size 18.
  • petraann
    petraann Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I too have found that I may have been a 10 years ago at 145-150 range. But I am a 10 today at 166. I KNOW they have increased the sizes of clothing to "accomodate" us larger Americans. I think they think it will make us feel good and say, well in Talbots I am a 10, so I will buy from there. It is a bit of self deception...but it does make us feel better. The way I know this is I have taken clothing out of storage--stuff worn 10+ years ago, a 10, but now do not fit although I am in 10s and some 8s now. Just my 2cents.
  • firefly171717
    firefly171717 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    lost 10, 5'7'', 153 LBS, size 12-13 pants, I would like to point out that I have some muscle on me
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7"-8", 194lbs, and in size 14/16. @ 179lbs I was a comfortable size 14... need to get back there :bigsmile:
  • Ajones33
    Options
    Wow, it's crazy to see all the different sizes and we are all so similar!

I'm 5'8 at 137 I wear size 9 in most stores, or waist 29
    i have more of the hour glass shape so that may be why, and shapely thighs! Depending on the store though the size could be higher or lower.

Shirts same thing, anywhere between small and medium.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Just weighed in this morning at 193, I'm between 5'7 and 5'8, and I'm in my 14s.
  • TLL09
    TLL09 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have been reading people's weights and clothing sizes and wondered the same thing myself. Last time (10 years ago) I weighed 140, I wore size 10, Now I see people that weigh that saying they are in size 5 or smaller. I guess the manufacturers realized women like to see the smaller size tag on their clothes, no wonder there are so many size zeros now.

5'8 weight: 163 size 12, fit into 10's but still too tight. Carry most of my weight in my upper body
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7, weigh 198 pounds, and am in a comfortable 14 currently. I started at 229 wearing a tight-*kitten* 16
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and 130lbs. I wear a 6 right now at Old Navy and NY&Co, but an 8 at American Eagle. I do remember back in high school I was 108lbs and 5'6 and wore a 7. I am 22lbs heavier than i was in high school but I wear the same size??? So sizes have def changed!!!! I actually kept a pair of jean from high school just becuase and when I hold them up to my current jeans there is def a difference but the tags are pretty much the same.
  • danajotx
    Options
    I'm 5'7", weigh 161. I just bought some new jeans at Old Navy last week - one is a size 8 and one a size 10. 2 differents styles but both fit the same.
  • tbskipp
    tbskipp Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and 220 (big build). I was thrilled when i bought a size 16 (regular) at Old Navy last week. Sizes have most definitely changed. I have some clothes from Express and The Limited that I bought 20 years ago in a size large and they were 'normal'. YOu go in there now and the size large could fit my 50 lb 6 year old daughter. :noway:

I am not looking to get to a certain 'size'. I just don't want to have to shop at Lane Bryant or other plus size stores anymore. I want to get down to a healthy weight and BMI for my body.
    :wink:
  • birdieintx
    Options
    This thread shows why shopping for clothes is so annoying! Sizes vary so much! And it is so dependent on body shape. I remember last year my friend announced she was back in her size 4s after having a baby and I was all bummed thinking I hadn't been a size four in a decade when I realized that she and I weighed the same and are the same height but because her build is so straight through her hips and butt she fits in a smaller size.

I'm 5'7 and weigh 151 now size 10.
    In the 140s I'm a size 8.
    In the 130s and 120s I'm a size 6.
    I haven't been a size 4 since I was 20 and weighed about 118 lbs.
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6.75 and weigh 193. I wear a size 14 or 16 depending on the cut. :-)
  • jadeluca
    Options
    This is my first week to really start tracking my weight loss. I'm 5'7" and weigh 134. My goal is 123 in 9 more weeks. I don't work out nearly enough, so right now I'm trying to be disciplined about what and when and how much I eat. It has been eye-opening for me. I had no idea there was so much sugar in bananas! :) Sugar is going to be my challenge. It's everywhere, darn carbs!
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I"m 5'7" 255 pounds. I wear a size 20-22 in pants depending on the pants. Usually 2x shirts. It REALLY varies depending on the clothes themselves. And if you have a lot of muscle now, you will probably be smaller inch wise even at a similar weight.
  • jadeluca
    Options
    Yes, much different sizing. And interestinly enough, Old Navy, Gap, and Banan Republic are all the same company. Funny how they play to our vanity the higher up the perceived branding goes.
  • chrimsonfyre
    chrimsonfyre Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and still losing weight, I'm currently in a size 16