All 5'7" - 5'9" -- Let's compare weight w/pants size

Options

Replies

• JLA1121
    Options
    They must be! People are posting larger weights with smaller sizes and vice versa. I find this MORE confusing, not less. Oh well!
  • FionaNiConnor
    FionaNiConnor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    5'9", 248lbs as of Monday night. US-16 is getting big on me, but I'm not quite a 14 yet.
  • tlynnweb
    tlynnweb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    So strange to see this: I'm 5'7", 165lbs, and in size 6 to 8 jeans

How can I only be an inch shorter at 5'6 and weigh 159 lbs and wear a size 10??? Does an inch really make that much of a difference??? Holy smokes!
  • thriftydiva317
    Options
    I weigh 157.5 and I'm 5'8" I wear a size 4 or 6 jeans and a small or medium top.
  • southernyankee716
    Options
    5'8" - 230lbs - size 20 bottoms - size XL shirts

When I was 150, I wore a size 12. In fact, I have a brand new size 12 pair of Gap jeans just waiting for me. Can't wait to get there!
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Im 5'8"..and weigh 144...I wear a size 8 in AE jeans.
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    I'm 5'8" I weigh 148 lbs and wear 32" jeans
  • kelleyehope
    kelleyehope Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" 213.5 lbs I'm wearing a size 14 pants
  • RachNRoll
    RachNRoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    5'8.5" 135 and a size 3, 2, or 26

when i was 145 i was a size 7
    when I was 155 i was a size 9

I was a size 1/0 at one point, i was 128
  • TracyB25
    Options
    I'm 5'9"-5'10" currently weighing in around 183lbs and wear size 11/12 dress pants

(all my jeans from my 165lbs days are size 8)
  • piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Such an interesting topic. I agree, sizes have changed! I am 5'7" and approximately around 175, but I just bought a new pair of size 8 pants the other day. I haven't weighed myself in a while though, due to some depression issues triggered by the numbers (long story) so I've been marking my progress by how my clothes fit and feel. I have an old pair of European jeans that have a 29 inch waist but they're a little snug, so I feel that the vanity-sizes have gone up to preserve my vanity. :) I would estimate on average I'm more of a size 10, and I wear medium tops.
  • TracyB25
    Options
    Honestly: My "short-term goal" is to get below double-digit pants sizes!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    5'6.5" 160 wearing size 11/12 pants (have to be tall in the legs)

used to be a size 8 when i was 130/135.
  • kerricolby
    kerricolby Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    5'9", 203. My size 14 pants are almost too big, but the 12s are still too tight. I also wear a size L in tops.
  • carrie1013
    Options
    I'm 5'7 - 5/8, started at 225 (approx) in a size 18 (eek), and still a work in progress at 174 in a size 12 (getting loose though)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Size doesn't matter, since I can wear a size 2 at the GAP and a size 6-8 in jeans from anywhere else. Medium to large tops.

I'm 5'6.5'' and 121 pounds. Broad shoulders and moderate hips.
  • khedl85
    khedl85 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    5'9---160lbs....size 12-14 depending on the pants. tiny waist...big old butt lol
  • piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    So strange to see this: I'm 5'7", 165lbs, and in size 6 to 8 jeans

How can I only be an inch shorter at 5'6 and weigh 159 lbs and wear a size 10??? Does an inch really make that much of a difference??? Holy smokes!

Length does make a difference, if you get "regular" or "long" length pants. Plus other brands have different sizing. I find that Ann Taylor and White House/Black Market have the kindest vanity sizing. I wear a size 8 in both brands, and I know if I were to talk into a Banana Republic or try on designer jeans at Nordstroms I'd need a much larger size! I remember reading a comparison of the actual measurements of Old Navy, GAP, and BR jeans - for the same "size" each brand had totally different waist/hip measurements!
  • buffettgirl1
    Options
    all in the body shape I guess! I'm 5'7" and currently at 176, just lost 5lbs, and I'm mostly still wearing 16s but can just get into a few 14s. I'm very narrow but I have a kardashian worthy booty. Always have. People generally don't think there is any way on earth I could be wearing size 16 pants. Which is good..I guess I don't look big. But I have a teeeny tiny frame so all this weight is hurting me, a LOT. I need to be around 135 to FEEL healthy.

For contrast, 10 years ago I was barely 130 and I was wearing size 8s. I don't think I've ever worn pants below that size.

I have a friend, same height, who appears about 20lbs heavier than me but weighs 10lbs less and wears size 10 pants. She has no butt, skinny legs, and is all back/boobs. We did WW a few years ago and the girl who weighs us in just could never believe it.