All 5'7" - 5'9" -- Let's compare weight w/pants size

Options

Replies

• KameHameHaaa
    KameHameHaaa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8. My starting weight was 410 and I wore size 28 pants and those were tight =/ I'm down to 340 now and wearing size 24 comfortably, size 22 snuggly. My goal weight is around 160, but I'll see what happens and how I feel once I get close to that.
  • Adah_m
    Adah_m Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8'' and 206 lbs, size 16 pants, sometimes 14. Size 12 most dresses that I buy for work. (Just bought two size twelve wrap dresses and I'm killin' it!)
  • Adah_m
    Adah_m Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    oops, double post.
  • terridyment
    terridyment Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 175 and wearing pants that are a size 8-14 and tops small to medium. All depending on brand and cut.
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and 218 lbs. I currently wear a size 14/16 depending on the brand. When I weighed 17 0 (my lowest weight since high school) I wore a size 10. But I also remember wearing a size 10 when I was 150 lbs in school so I'm not sure what is going on. I think it's vanity sizing - some expensive shops put lower sizes on their garments to make the rich ladies feel better about themselves. I wish we could have one universal sizing system and be done with it.
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 with my height at 5'9. I started out way over weight at 210 and I am now currently 175. When I was 210 I wore a size 14 but now at my current weight I wear a size 10 (30 inches). My goal weight is 155 and I want to be a size 6 I'm pants. I know its possible because I weighed that before. If any one here believes in the body type profiles I am an endomorph. Basically what that means is that I have a horrible metabolism and must work hard using diet AND exercise to see results. Yes it sucks. But nevertheless I will accomplish my goal! Also, I started out working out 3 days a week and I am now at 4-5. I am a firm believer in weight training and cardio.

I'm an endomorph too. My back is like a football player's :grumble: It really sucks. What I wouldn't give to have a skinny boyish figure. Instead I was saddled with stocky robust German peasant genes. I can till fields and lift heavy objects all day long but look stocky and thick doing it...
  • Crisann9
    Crisann9 Posts: 6
    Options
    That's terrific. I am in the same height/weight range. I am officially out of size 12 and into 10's haven't tried anything smaller yet. Great job/results.
  • Tanyamw33
    Tanyamw33 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 - currently weigh 172 - wear a size 12 and medium to large tops. I started around 200 in a size 16. Still would like to lose about 25 lbs.
  • F1GHT4F1T
    F1GHT4F1T Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    my lowest weight using mfp was about 160 but my weight has gone back up to where i originally started at 182. I'm 5'8.5" and wear a size 9 in pants and mostly a medium top.
  • dcnemesis
    dcnemesis Posts: 31
    Options
    I just barely make 5'7 and my body shape is apple so I often wear a larger top than bottom. That being said..

At 185 I was wearing size 8-9 (bit tight though)

I'm at 157 and am currently comfortably fitting in 8's. At my lowest (about 115) I wore a size 2-4. I have a big range of experience haha
  • gewanita
    gewanita Posts: 6
    Options
    5'7" (171cm)
    145 lbs (66kg)

Jeans/pants: size 6~8, depending on brand
    Dresses: 6~8, depending on brand
    Tops: Medium
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    5'7" -- 190# size 10 pant & medium top.

In 2010, before I got pregnant with my son I was 182 and wore a 12 pant and large top. :ohwell:
  • paymentm
    paymentm Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am 178, 5'7" and I wear a ten. I am a straight body size and I have lost of muscle. When I started out at 193 I wore a size 12.
  • menmy5
    menmy5 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am 5'7 weigh 179 and wear a size 12 in pants and large in tops
  • caijess
    caijess Posts: 6
    Options
    5'8 1/2"

164 lbs
    Size 9 or 10 pant
    M or L shirt
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    50 yrs old, 5'8", 132 lbs, 33" 25" 35" Size XS/S tops, 2-4 bottoms depending on designer. Lost a total of 31 lbs and 36 inches.

Ticker shows my maintenance range :heart:
  • lavanyapusapati
    Options
    Hi All,

My Name is Lavanya . I am 5'9" and weight 193 pounds right now :-((. Just started working out. 30 minutes everyday. 7 minutes Jogging and weight training pretty much (Self Training I should say). I am following Bob Harper's Videos on you tube at present so let's see where this takes me.
    But I am sooooo happy to see a group for 5'9"'s :-). :flowerforyou:
  • sarahmusi
    sarahmusi Posts: 1
    Options
    It's amazing to see the variety of body types here. I'm 5'7", 30 years old, and my current weight is 188 lb (down from 216 lb in Jan. 2014). Pants size currently is a tight 12 or loose 14. I'm a medium in most tops but sometimes a size large since I have a larger bust.
  • jejizzle
    jejizzle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    5'9

148-160lbs size 9-11
    160-178lbs size 11-13
    Medium or large tops.

I have wide hips, period. I haven't been smaller than a 9 since I was like 12. I'm not expecting to ever wear a smaller pant size unless I get ripped like a potato chip with like 10% body fat, and then maaaybe can bust out a 7.

Can we complain about how girl shirts fall too short at our height? Gotta go up a size a lot of the time just for length! Then it's baggy...Baah.
  • eels4peels
    eels4peels Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    5'7 right here!

I started off at 300ish pounds where size 26 pants and like a Torrid size 3 top.

I currently weigh 177 and I'm around a size 10/12 and a size Med/Large top and a Large in dresses.

I'm the biggest pear shaped girl you will ever see. My hips are nearly 10 inches more around than my waist. I hate shopping for jeans!