All 5'7" - 5'9" -- Let's compare weight w/pants size

Options

Replies

• InTheInbetween
    InTheInbetween Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    5'7", 140 . . 6/8 jeans or a 9 in juniors. I was "blessed" with a j-lo booty and the widest hips in the history of wide hips.
    Last summer I was being fitted for a bridesmaid dress and get this, my bust and waist measured for a size 4 dress . . . my booty/hips measured at a 10! :noway: How's that for pear shaped! :grumble:
  • mem1086
    mem1086 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 136 and my sizes vary sooooo much! I have jeans from Old Navy that are a size 2, but shorts from Old Navy that are a size 6 and they both fit the same. Calvin Klein dresses are an 8, have other brands that range from a size 2 to 6! I have some old (really old) size 12 things that I can get away with wearing fit-wise, so I definitely think sizes have changed over the years. I don't consider myself small, so I'm not sure what size really tiny people wear if I can fit into a size 2.

I am the same way! 5'7" at 133lbs. Old Navy jeans are a size 2 long (love them), with their shorts as a size 4. Target dress pants are a 2. Shirts I go between a small and medium. I'm an hourglass, and in between a small and medium build but I have a long torso. Sizes are all over the place so I try everything on!
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and wear a size 6 :)
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    5'9", 171 lbs and size 11.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and i wear a size 32 jeans. that's probably equivalent to a 13. Right now I'm 193.4 as of this morning. and recently at the heaviest i have ever been.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    5'7"
    173lbs
    Size 12 pants
    Size medium shirts
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 or 8. I don't know which inch haha. I'm 206 and I wear size 16!

One of these days i'll be in a 4 :)

I'm with ya on the size 4... I am 5'8 and weigh 202 and I now wear a "tight" 12 lol. Working on that 10. I started at a 262 and size 24 so anything is better than that for me :)
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I am currently 167 and almost 5'9".. I wear a 12 pants and 10 skirts/dresses. I wear size large tops but I don't like tight things, I could probably get away with a medium though if I wanted haha
    When I was over 200 pounds I wore a size 14 and so I've lost over 40 pounds but just one size.... hmm....
    I have noticed that these 12's I'm wearing today are a tad loose.. I have a very big caboose so fitting in to a 10 is SUPER hard.. I can't ever remember wearing a 10, even when I was in high school and 150.. I'm almost 30 years old now. *sigh*
  • cheninaerin
    Options
    i'm 5'9, weigh 210, size 16 pants. at my thinnest i wear half that.
  • Novikay
    Options
    OK, I lost 45 pounds and weight 132-133. I am 5'8" wear a size 4 jeans/pants. S or M shirt. I remember years ago in school being a 10 at 136lbs. what's going on. I am toned and do Kettlebell exercise along with Zumba 3 xweek. How do we compare in weight and pant sizes?

3160457.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

we sound very similar.
  • NubianSpirit
    NubianSpirit Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    5'8", 170ish, size 10 (for the most part) and one pair of old navy capris in a size 8. i aspire to a closet full of single digit sized clothing someday... given my hourglass-y shape, maybe i should just learn to sew and give up on finding pants that fit, bc they never do
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    5.7, weight 118, size 4 pants, sometimes 2s. :)
  • lmtompkins
    Options
    I'm 5'8, 173 lbs and a size 10/12, depending on the brand. I try not to focus too much on the number since I do strength train. I just focus on feeling good, toning up, and fitting in to my pants from high school (which are now borderline too big). :)
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", weigh 148 and wear a size 4-6 Jeans and a medium top.
  • runninwctx
    Options
    I am 5'7, and 132 lbs. and wear from a 4 to a 6 depends on the brand. I'm comfortable with that, I just want it a little more toned.
  • lmtompkins
    Options
    i understand!!!!
  • capabledesire
    Options
    I'm 5'8"/9" and currently at 210lbs and wear a misses size 14 and M/L shirts. It all depends on your body style. Most people do not think I'm over 200lbs.
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Im 5'7 (that's my story and I'm sticking with it and I weigh 181lbs. I am ummm phat. LOL I wear a size 10 pant and a medium top because my girls are ummm large. I want to get comfortably (read with a slight sag in the bottom) size 8 borderline 6. My goal weight is 165lbs, 160 for cushion. I've done it before, I shall be back in my Arnold Schwe...(y'all know Im gonna mess up his name), voice.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Your shape would have a lot to do with it also, if you are an apple or a pear, etc.

Agreed! :)

5'7, 153 as of this morning. Sz 12 (US). Waist is at least 15 inches smaller than hips.

Even at 135, I couldn't fit in anything smaller than a 10.
  • ochotama
    Options
    5"8 156lbs and size 12/14 UK :) Really want to get to a size ten again