All 5'7" - 5'9" -- Let's compare weight w/pants size

Options

Replies

• breeze83
    Options
    I'm 5'8"...started out at a size 20 weighing 233.2 pounds in January of 2011. I am now at 158.8 pounds wearing anywhere from an 8 to a 10 in pants, depending on the brand; however the 10s are starting to fit loosely. I wear a S or M in shirts, mostly M.
  • alli_baba
    alli_baba Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 125 pounds. I'm a 4 on the bottom and a 2 on top. I agree with the above poster about "vanity" sizes. My mom's wedding dress is a size 8 and I can barely squeeze into it. I don't think clothing sizes mean much anymore.
  • AureliaCotta
    AureliaCotta Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    5'8"
    Currently 198 - I wear size 14 Blue from Lane Bryant. Right now I am too curvy to even consider trying other brands.

When I was thinner--around 150-160, I'd wear size 12-14 in most pants brands.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5" and weigh 133. I wear a size 6 pants and a S-M top. Size 8 dress.
  • Therdigh
    Therdigh Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 181.6, I think I wear a size 13 in jeans but refuse to buy anything over a size 11. I buy alot of elastic waist band stuff which I know is completely wrong, size L for the bottoms and XL for the tops. My goal is to be back in size 9 jeans that have room to breath, and a large in the top would be great too.
  • Barbj56
    Barbj56 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Over the years the textile and apparel industry has Resized garments to make us bigger girls think we were smaller. Yes, they did!
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 or 8. I don't know which inch haha. I'm 206 and I wear size 16!

One of these days i'll be in a 4 :)

I'm 5'8" and 190. and wear a 16

(lotta booty)
  • emmaonamission
    Options
    I'm 5'7, weigh 204lbs and wear a UK size 12 bottoms and 14 top - or M/L (usually L because I have rather large boobs and clothes designers don't seem to keep this in mind when making clothes!)
  • angelawiedmaier
    angelawiedmaier Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Started my weight loss journey at 237 lbs size 24 !! Am down to 218 and can wear my 18's now. It's very promising see all of your success and the sizes that you are in. I can't even wrap my head around wearing a size 10, but know that if I keep working.....I will be there! Good luck to you all!

I also want to say, consider how your body has changed since high school. I know after three kids, my body shape is certainly nothing close to what it was in high school. That may have something to do with the sizes and how we are wearing our clothes now :)
  • mrstword
    Options
    5'0 even. 165 lbs. I wear a 9 in juniors some 7's. Not sure what that is in women's sizes though.
  • Abrasue
    Abrasue Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"7' 134 and I'm in a size 6.
  • mrstword
    Options
    Oops just realized it said 5'7-5'9 lol.
  • phantomthen
    Options
    I'm 5'8", about 127 lbs. I wear size 4 or 6 jeans, size small in tops. In juniors 5 in bottoms and medium in tops. Hourglass shape :)
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    5'8.5", 210 lbs, sz 14 jeans. Started at 298 lbs & in a sz 26 jean!
  • TonnaJai
    TonnaJai Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    5'7 153 and size 8 certain brands I have to go up in size like abercrombie and bebe
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I weigh 186 and am 5'7" I wear a 12 but it is starting to fit pretty loose.
  • chefbrina
    Options
    I am 5'7" and 194lbs. I wear an 18. When I was 140, I wore a size 10.
  • VWbaker
    Options
    I'm 5'9", 186 lbs currently, but hoping to loose at lease 30-40 lbs. I currently wear a 14, but some of my 14's are tight and some are comfortable. I have 10s in my closet waiting for me to fit into them again, I was about 150 when I last fit in those. So yes, it does depend allot on the brand and your shape. Found that Target is NOT a "curvy" woman's friend! Even at my smallest, I went in the store wearing a size 10 and kept going up in their jean sizes, once I hit an 18 and still found them snug I left and went to Beals and got some well fitting 10 talls.

Would be happy to have anyone friend me. I could use the support and I'm trying to motivate my friends to keep on track to.
  • NatalieBrooke88
    NatalieBrooke88 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    140 pounds. size 2-4 (considering the store).
  • Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    5'9" and 186 lbs. I'm a 14 in the waist, but it's big in the buns. I am totally against muffin tops though, so I probably wear a size bigger than I actually need. If i have elastic shorts- like running shorts or yoga pants, I DO NOT want them to dig in at all. They need to sit nicely on my love handles, not dig in!!