Skin Firming Lotion?

Options
13»

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I second Amazing Grace by Philosophy. It's not cheap, but it smells like heaven and makes my arms and legs look better instantly.

http://www.amazon.com/Philosophy-Grace-Firming-Emulsion-Ounces/dp/B001KYOCTK/ref=sr_1_1?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1334341705&sr=1-1
    Looking for new lotion ideas... not to make my skin drop off :laugh: but to keep it moisturized in the Winter and when I swim.

Thanks for all the great ideas shared.:flowerforyou:

http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/daily/tips/do-skin-firming-lotions-really-work-.htm
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    I wasn't really sure where to post this topic, I think this may be the most appropriate section. Anyway, do you use any skin firming lotions? If so, which kinds? Do you think they work?

I've been using Jergen's Skin firming lotion, pretty much daily, I'm on my second bottle. I'm not really 100% sure if it's doing anything but I think it's good to moisturize anyway, that's gotta help with elasticity somewhat eh?

I'm really concerned that I will have excess skin despite losing 0-2lbs each week, so I figured why not try it, my friend recommended Jergen's and I'm interested in trying other brands. Even if they don't help with elasticity, I'm at least motivated to use moisturizer every day.
    Excess skin is a result of a couple of things: extreme weight loss in a short time and/or having to lose about 80+lbs of fat.
    Since skin is tissue, the only way to "lessen" it is to reduce tissue size and amount. Unfortunately, no cream or lotion does that. However keeping it moisturized keep the skin pliable and supple, so it's more elastic. But the point is to not "stretch" it, but reduce it.
    Losing weight slowly gives the body a much better chance to adapt to weight loss and allows the skin to retract much more evenly. It's no guarantee, but the reduction of loose skin is much better.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    ^ This :flowerforyou:
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Cetaphyl, my dermatologist recommended it. It's cheap and it works.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I make my own lotions and I don't make the recipes specifically for firming, but I do add a few things that are associated with that as a benefit. At night I use oils and I like to add rosehip to my face and body oils. It's expensive, but totally worth it. During the day, I use a cream that's water based, so I just add a bit of powdered vitamin c (to my body and face cream) to get the benefits of a vitamin c serum without having to worry about it oxidizing. I mainly started using rosehip for some scarring and vitmain c for my freckles, but they apparently have some anti-aging benefits too. My doctor has commented several times on how great and healthy my skin is, so I guess I'm doing something right.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!