Embarrassment at the Gym

Options
2»

Replies

• Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I would consider getting over it.

It's too trivial of an issue to get all bent out of shape over. There are more pertinent things in life that require the attention your devoting to this miniscule...inconvenience.

A quick jab at your expense is about as deep as my love for hoes.

Ron Paul for president.
  • KeishaK89
    Options
    You cannot let what other people say make you feel embarrassed. I jiggle when I run on the treadmill but I dont let that stop me from getting a good workout.

Yesterday while running up some stairs I fell up the stairs and smashed my knee.... some one laughed... who cares? It was probably funny to see.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    burn the gym down... only way to get them back :)

you finished the session... dont worry.
    That will show them, Milton!!!
  • fearlessbetz
    fearlessbetz Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    On your way out of the gym tomorrow (you're going back, no arguments) throw your sweaty towel in his face and tell him to do a good job washing it.

You pay to go there, he is an employee there. You pay his salary. He has as much right to harass you as a Burger King employee does when you're getting a Whopper.

No arguments about going back! I'll be there tonight to knock out some cardio. I know I was being a bit sensitive about it. I'm glad I decided against falling on the floor and throwing a tantrum. I wanted to post and see some of the funny stuff you guys had to say, and also to get that kick in the pants to "Get over it!".
  • addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I was at the gym the other day doing some atg squats. I was goaling for 8x1@315#. I got to my 7th set came down atg, and was pushing back up to parallel when i knew i wasn't going to get back up. I dumped the weight and jumped forward away from the squat rack. The weight came down and fell with a very loud CLANG! Everyone else stopped and watched me embarrassingly strip my weight and try again. Way awkward!
  • elfie9863
    Options
    The other day a really sweet little older lady "let the skunk outta the barn" very loudly. The person next to her yells out..OMG...who did that...she just smiled and kept on truckin. Seriously, the funniest thing ever.

Get over it. No one cares.
  • NatalieBrooke88
    NatalieBrooke88 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I was working out with my trainer a few days ago and passed gas . . . thank goodness she is a professional and just said "it happens" and moved on. I was mortified of course, but she let it go and this helped me continue on too. I agree that you need to talk to management about this person; he/she is having an effect on your workout and mood which could contribute to failure (or quitting). Good luck, stay focused, and don't worry about what other people think.

I'm a trainer.. and this happens fairly often. No need to be mortified!
  • Allegra289
    Options
    Although it was a rude and unprofessional remark from him, no one will remember you or the incident the next time you go. And everyone has embarrassing things happen to them. Honestly, people at the gym are way too wrapped up in their own workouts and focusing on themselves to pay too much attention to others, so shake it off and keep on trucking!