Small vent about this site

Options
NYCDutchess
NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
This is not directed toward anyone in particular... but lately I notice so many people on this site are haters. I mean we all have self esteem issues but seriously, by consistantly putting people down, I think you make yourself look terrible.

Many threads lately with beautiful women, skinny women, or built women and the conversation goes right to "they are fake or they are not what real women look like etc. THEY ARE REAL WOMEN who do whatever it takes to be what they are...

There is not one person on here that CANNOT obtain their goals! They make choices that inhibit their progress (me included) but by going into a thread like the "this is what a bikini fitness model looks like" and then saying it's gross, or it's not realistic etc. perplexes me.Posting pics of plus size models to say this is what I'd rather look like...what does that have to do with the original post? Start a new post "this is the body I aspire to have" or "this is what I think is beautiful" but side tracking a thread to bash a fitness model who works hard to get that body and maintain that body?? I find that offensive. What if women on this site aspire to look like that, or DO look like that because they've given up all vices and worked out like crazy. That must be offensive to them.

My husband always says women are haters, and though he thinks I am because sometimes I pick apart someone he admires...In general I am not. I know that it's MY FAULT that I'm not in the shape that I want to be, but I really admire those who stick to it and accomplish their goals. Women, stop hating on others and use that energy to focus on your goals and accomplish them!

Sorry, I just had to get that out and didn't want to put it somewhere where someone could take it personally.

Good luck to you all.

Replies

• RH_Brazell
    Options
    agreed
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    well, when you put a bunch of people together who are dieting they tend to be nasty. Everyone needs to eat some cookies and be nice.
  • RH_Brazell
    Options
    well, when you put a bunch of people together who are dieting they tend to be nasty. Everyone needs to eat some cookies and be nice.

lmao
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Agreed...some people need to have their sticks surgically removed and realize that many of those threads are just all in good fun.
  • NYCDutchess
    Options
    LMAO!! I want cookies now lol
  • NYCDutchess
    Options
    Agreed...some people need to have their sticks surgically removed and realize that many of those threads are just all in good fun.

I love looking at people that are fit...and hot...hell I like looking at people.
    lol
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Take what you can use and leave the rest.
  • kimbly71
    kimbly71 Posts: 188
    Options
    I am fairly new to the site and had heard from another MFP friend that the "forums were not a friendly place to be". I have to agree. I posted a blog simply to get people to laugh and they were still snarky. I just do not understand that type of negativity. Guess what my mom told me is right....some people are just happier wehn they are miserable and trying to drag others down with them

You keep up the positive vibe, and I will be right beside you!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I just love how some women drool over the scantily clad men threads but the second a girl in a bikini pops up we get this from those same women...

1234931504682.jpg
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Very good post. I've also said about this a number of times. Its quite annoying, frustrating and it can almost upsetting for some people in the responses they give.

Outright slander of overweight people is rightly banned and outlawed here but it seems fair to snipe at people at their goal weight, slim or in shape.

Just think a little before you type :smile:
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Very good post. I've also said about this a number of times. Its quite annoying, frustrating and it can almost upsetting for some people in the responses they give.

Outright slander of overweight people is rightly banned and outlawed here but it seems fair to snipe at people at their goal weight, slim or in shape.

Y'know, Mr. Wild, you have changed my perception on the massively huge, muscley men. I've read some of your comments and you just don't fulfil the stereotype.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

Y'know, Mr. Wild, you have changed my perception on the massively huge, muscley men. I've read some of your comments and you just don't fulfil the stereotype.

'tis true...he is awesome, that's why he is my friend!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies, appreciated x :flowerforyou:

The simple fact is everyone different, and stereotypes are just that :bigsmile:

But its the OP who is bang on the money here, not me - I just happen to agree :smile:
  • KJVBear33
    Options
    This is not directed toward anyone in particular... but lately I notice so many people on this site are haters. I mean we all have self esteem issues but seriously, by consistantly putting people down, I think you make yourself look terrible.

Many threads lately with beautiful women, skinny women, or built women and the conversation goes right to "they are fake or they are not what real women look like etc. THEY ARE REAL WOMEN who do whatever it takes to be what they are...

There is not one person on here that CANNOT obtain their goals! They make choices that inhibit their progress (me included) but by going into a thread like the "this is what a bikini fitness model looks like" and then saying it's gross, or it's not realistic etc. perplexes me.Posting pics of plus size models to say this is what I'd rather look like...what does that have to do with the original post? Start a new post "this is the body I aspire to have" or "this is what I think is beautiful" but side tracking a thread to bash a fitness model who works hard to get that body and maintain that body?? I find that offensive. What if women on this site aspire to look like that, or DO look like that because they've given up all vices and worked out like crazy. That must be offensive to them.

My husband always says women are haters, and though he thinks I am because sometimes I pick apart someone he admires...In general I am not. I know that it's MY FAULT that I'm not in the shape that I want to be, but I really admire those who stick to it and accomplish their goals. Women, stop hating on others and use that energy to focus on your goals and accomplish them!

Sorry, I just had to get that out and didn't want to put it somewhere where someone could take it personally.

Good luck to you all.

Some........yes...........all women in modeling/media as a whole........kinda doubt it. I agree with what is said here, but I also am smart enough that some are photoshopped too. The difference is that I don't pretend to know which pictures are which.........I could say that about someone and totally be in the wrong..........so rather than saying it, I'd rather not and say well geez, good for them for keeping up with their physical health. It is only when I KNOW that they are being photoshopped that I can say something like how I wonder what they really look like and just how fantastic they look.........skinny, fat, or otherwise. We are all beautiful because we are all different in our own ways physically and mentally.........
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    this is true!
    but its always the same ole' scads of peeps so its easy to know who to just skip right on by!
    plus, i think its also a great tool to know who i would/want as my friends and if i wanna delete delete!!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    this is true!
    but its always the same ole' scads of peeps so its easy to know who to just skip right on by!
    plus, i think its also a great tool to know who i would/want as my friends and if i wanna delete delete!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^Agree with this....^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    great post - thanks for sharing!!
  • 412HeavyLifter
    412HeavyLifter Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I agree but then again I love my haters ...HI HATERS!
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    dang. OP, I think you nailed it.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Women are nasty to one another. End of story.