Small vent about this site

Options

Replies

• KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    True. It's possible to express an opinion without insulting others. Some need to learn how to do that. I don't necessarily think they type things with malice.

If you want to look like the bikini contest winner - go for that!

If you want to look like the plus sized model - then do that!

No need to insult one another. Everyone is here to improve in one way or another. I can support people's goals that are different than mine.
  • aimstein
    Options
    Agreed!!
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Thank you! It's a(somewhat) recent thing. I started here in April of 2009 and people weren't nearly so mean.. or maybe I'm just more aware of it now. Any way, I completely agree. It seems like a lot of people are just kind of angry or mean spirited. It makes me sad.:ohwell:
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    Women are nasty to one another. End of story.

This might be YOUR experience with women, but trust me it is not always the case. Most of my biggest supporters are other women, and a lot of my very best friends are women. Women are great!! We are only nasty to one another in certain circumstances, not as a rule. :p
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    Completely agree. I start looking through some threads and just think, ya know what, I don't wanna be included!!! I tend to stick to my friends on here, forums sometimes get way too nasty or personal
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Women are nasty to one another. End of story.

Not always but, yeah, we are. It's some what awful.
  • Giselac
    Options
    Misery loves company :drinker:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I hate it, each and every time there is a pic of women with muscles, some women say that it is nasty and some men say they don't like women with muscles. THEN STAY OUT OF THE FREAKING TREAD!!!
  • chergarr73
    chergarr73 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    well, when you put a bunch of people together who are dieting they tend to be nasty. Everyone needs to eat some cookies and be nice.

LMAO! Well said!!! Amen and amen...
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Well said and I agree 100%!
  • Fubar_Bill
    Fubar_Bill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I find that if you hunt through the posts for the good people, add them as friends, then you can have some great conversations on each others walls.

*takes the sting out of the forums*

:happy:
  • christinerush
    Options
    :smile: I agree with what you are saying! What one person likes to look like isnt necessarily what another wants but we are all different and should respect others. Also people who critisize other peoples bodys are quite often jealous!
  • heidithebee
    Options
    Trolls are gonna be trolls. That said. I HATE ALL OF YOU AND EVERYTHING YOU STAND FOR...

But not really. :-)
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options

Outright slander of overweight people is rightly banned and outlawed here

I wish it was banned here in the UK!

I've just realised you might mean on MFP, sorry!
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options

Outright slander of overweight people is rightly banned and outlawed here but it seems fair to snipe at people at their goal weight, slim or in shape.

Just think a little before you type :smile:

This is what I mean, Maybe the "acutally body builders" aren't on this site....but what about all the women who are close to their goal or are muscular and built or maybe even "skinny" wouldn't they be offended by people bashing women who look similar to them?
    I guess I just feel like as women we should empower eachother and even if people have implants, lipo, whatever...they PUT THE EFFORT IN to be what they want to be. PERIOD. People have to stop complaining and focus on THEIR OWN development.

Thanks for the support guys...
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options

Outright slander of overweight people is rightly banned and outlawed here

I wish it was banned here in the UK!
    Only on this site girl, not in real life! lol...
    Who is on your Avatar?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I agree with you 100%. Just because it is not your goal does not mean that it can't be respected and appreciated because it did require effort to get there.
  • thechubner
    thechubner Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I agree - many people leave snarky unconstructive comments to too many posts. I have seen the other end of things "I lost 60lbs here's the before and after photos" and people seemed genuinely supportive and kind. You're absolutely right. Everyone here is at a different fitness level and has different goals. One thing that happens all too often is people who have smaller weight loss goals are mocked by those with larger ones. Just because person A wants to loose 50lbs and person B wants to lose 10 doesn't mean that B is crazy. I've seen too many people get downright belligerent towards people because they don't think they have the right to get in shape. "You don't need to lose weight, you're already skinny - I hate you". There is no need for that. If I need to lose 50 and you need to lose 10 it's not going to make me any skinner by trying to convince you not to lose weight.

I think peopel get grumpy because it's frustrating to be disatisfied with your body. Whether the goal is to lose 100lbs, 20lbs, or just tone and get a fabulous beach body - when you're reaching towards a goal it's hard. I agree though, it's better for people to pull together and be supportive than to tear everyone down.
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    I find that if you hunt through the posts for the good people, add them as friends, then you can have some great conversations on each others walls.

*takes the sting out of the forums*

:happy:

I agree with this! There are so many wonderful, supportive, positive people on this site, and sometimes the forums obscure that reality. I love the back and forth with my MFP friends and I also love the "ignore user" function on the forums. :wink:
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Only on this site girl, not in real life! lol...
    Who is on your Avatar?

No idea, it was just a picture I found on the internet. I'm not particularly trying to get my body like that but I just like the saying. I really don't like the word skinny!