Who is working to be fit at fourty

Options

Replies

• roballesteros
    Options
    I'm 41 and even though I have been on and off a diet and a workout routine of some sort my entire adult life. I really hit it hard a month after I turned 40. I am now in the best shape of my life and about to run my second 1/2 marathon on Saturday. Please feel free to add me....I like having people my age as My Fitness Pals! :-)
  • simplyblessed5
    simplyblessed5 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am! I'll be 39 this year. By the time I hit my big 4-0 on July 4th, 2013, I wanna be rocking some major muscles and a flat tummy!
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Does 49 make into this category ? :drinker: :smile:
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'll be 39 in May 40 next may as well. I total get where you are coming from. I plan to be hot at 40 and be more fit in my 40s than I as in my 30s. So far I'm doing it. I feel good, better than I have in years. Feel free to friends me.
  • MissLuana
    Options
    I just turned 41 but my weight loss journey began at 40. 40 is that magical number when your body decides to go south, forever. All the things that used to be easy or you never suffered from decide to come full force. For me it was HBP and BP medication that blurred my vision!!! What, not my perfect 20/20 vision. I have always prided myself on my vision, hearing and memory. All 3 decided to take an extended lunch break from me! With BP medication being out of the question, losing weight and excercising was the only choice I had left. Then one morning, while looking at my side view in the mirror to see if I "looked slimmer", I noticed my saggy butt had a little bump to it. The same bump that made my size 8/9 jeans in HS look really cute!!! Wooohoooo, sexy at 40 here I come:bigsmile:
  • jennkess
    Options
    I am totally with you all... I am 38 this Summer and I have a goal of 40 by 40. taking it slow in an effort to keep it off and tone up at the same time. 5'3" with a starting weight of 186. would like to be a svelte 140 by my 40th birthday bash

feel free to add me as a friend
  • MommaToFour
    Options
    I AM!!!!! :) 25 Days to go!!! :)
  • KimmySue72
    KimmySue72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm in the same boat! I will be 40 exactly two weeks after my 1 year anniversary on MFP. I'm down 77 pounds so far in 8 months, and want to be down a total of 110 pounds by my my 40th birthday. I've got 4 months to go! AHHHHHH!!!!! :noway:

Anyway, feel free to add me if you like!
  • tnvolsfan74
    tnvolsfan74 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal for this entire process is to be in the best shape of my life by the time I am 40. I will be 38 this year. I want to be fit, active, and be able to tackle anything the next 40 years has in store for me. I spent my first 37 years just sitting on the sidelines watching life go by....no more! :happy:
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Not as tight a timeline, however with the amount of weight I have to lose, it may as well be. Ill be 40 in August of 2013. I have about 160 more to lose give or take. :) Feel free to friend me.
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    me, that's me. I've been working at it since I was 32 with a couple kids in between, but I am still working at it HARD. I have less than six months before I hit 40.
  • sassy0507
    Options
    me me me me me....lol i will be the BIG 4-000000 in august! lol
  • jkuhn71
    jkuhn71 Posts: 199
    Options
    That was my goal! I met it and am now maintaining! Here's my "success story" if you're interested: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/348690-goal-met-exceeded-37lbs-lost-w-pics?error_user_id=7971532&error_username=jkuhn71&hl=37lbs+lost+with+pics
  • pinkiekat
    Options
    Same here.. Have been working on it for about a year and lost 40 so far.. would like to lose another 25 before the big 4..O.. in June.
  • lucybell333
    Options
    That had been my goal too, but I fell off the wagon over the summer and missed it (40th birthday was last November)! Never mind, at least I got back on track 6 weeks before my birthday, and am now targeting hitting my goal whilst in my 40th year (currently shooting for June)!!

Good luck everyone!!! :smile:
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of forty. Feels like I'm in my twenties. Actually I'm more fit now than when I was in my twenties.
  • Bukopie474
    Options
    I'm 37, 2 kids, a dog and a supportive hubby and I have decided to eat healthy and be active. I want to look good in my forties and beyond. Add me if you like! So far since I have started MFP, my start weight is 200 lbs and as of today I'm 158.2. No more excuses!
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    I'm about ten years too late for this discussion, but I've got a similar goal.

I turn 50 in September, and am trying to get down to my target weight (or close to it) by then. I'm planning on visiting the 50th state for my birthday, and really want to be able to go to the beach and not be embarrassed to take my shirt off in public.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Being fit by 40 was my goal! I met (actually exceeded) the goal last September! :bigsmile:
  • billtonkin
    Options
    Turned 40 last Dec, I've lost over 60lbs the last two years. I'm going for 210 and 12%BF this year.