Who is working to be fit at fourty

Options

Replies

• LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I don't feel so alone now at all. Let's make our 40's great!

Here is a question :

Name one thing you want to do in your 40s (or I see one 50) that you were not fit enough to do in your 30s....

I've got 2.5 years until the big 4.0. and that it is a goal of mine to be Foxy, fabulous, whatever you wanna call it at 40.

Something I'd like to do in my 40s...finish a 5K in under 27 minutes!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I'll be 41 on my next birthday, but it was turning 39 that got me going on getting fit. I still have a ways to go, but I feel much better at 40 than I have in years.
  • esjaygee
    esjaygee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 39 four months from today and I'd love to double what I've lost so far. There's no way I'll be at my ideal weight by the big 4-0, but getting over halfway there would be a great accomplishment!
  • kao1114
    Options
    That would be me! I am 39 and looking to be 40 and fabulous not 40 and FLAB-ulous! Best of luck to you!
  • mommy4ndbandtj
    Options
    How about fit and FIFTY!!

I had a baby at 43, now I am 46 rapidly approaching the big 5 Ohhhhhh, and I am in as good of shape if not better than I was in high school.

I do not weigh what I want, but physically and athletically I am prime!!

Age is only a number not an excuse :)
  • tantalee
    tantalee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I can say that im going on that direction. One of the things that i most want is to be very healthy at 40
  • beeka2ked
    beeka2ked Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 in December. And at my party I had a shirt made that said 40 & Fabulous!!!! I didnt reach my total fit goal before I hit 40 but I havent given up. Just trying to do this one day at a time. Feel free to add me as a friend, we can motivate and support one another on this journey.
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I too am looking to be fit by 40, I think we are close to the same time frame. I'll be 39 in October, so I am thinking I will accomplish this goal. Mainly because I hear it gets so much harder to lose after 40...
  • Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I've got 10 years, but I would love to be fit and healthy by the time I hit 40.
  • mistyevans1217
    Options
    I am! Will be 39 this year. Just started Fitness Pal yesterday so needs to friends to motivate me.
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I AM fit at forty!! :)
  • HisMissus
    HisMissus Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I will be 40 next summer, as will Hubby. We would love to go on a cruise for our fortieth birthdays so I want to lose weight and get trim so I can feel fab in bikinis and summery dresses on board. Only !00 or so pounds to go, eek!
  • tcmay72
    tcmay72 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    The big 4 0 will happen November 29th and I will be fit. Lets just say most of my 20's and all my 30's i was not fit!
    Ok i was fat out of shape and smoked:0(
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    There is something about not being fat at forty.

Oops too late for me :laugh:
    41 here, but better late than never! :embarassed:

But seriously, OP - did you mean in terms of society and not being fat at forty or did you mean biologically/scientifically?
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend, if you'd like!!
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'll be 39 this June, 40 next year and definitely hoping to be at goal and maintaining by then. I've made a good start, but still a long way to go, just about to start C25K, and hopefully start swimming again, now that I can possibly get in the pool without starting a tidal wave! :laugh:

Good luck to you all :flowerforyou:
  • Decca1
    Decca1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 last week, after a quad accident last year breaking my neck back and shoulder I am happy to be alive,lol, but fitness has sufferd greatly hence me being here to get it back....feel free to add me. :-)
  • roland72
    roland72 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be 40 in 3 days and I have just made a renewed vow to get fit and start using MFP again. I most certainly won't be fit by the time I get to 40, but I sure as hell know I will be fit for the next 40 years to come!
  • Tundra03
    Options
    I'll be 40 on March 22nd....getting really close now....I was hoping to hit my goal weight by then ....8 more pounds to go to equal 50 pounds lost.....good luck to everyone on their weight loss journey :smile:
  • nooodll
    Options
    Me, too! 17 months and 30 pounds to go. I think it's doable for me. This time I'm serious!!!!