Soy burger vs Turkey burger?

Options
13»

Replies

• daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    If God did not want man to eat meat, then he would not have put it on the earth to eat. The eating of meat is condoned by God.

praise-seitan2-720949.gif
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    uuuggghhh! Stay away from soy! It is so bad for women, It acts like weak estrogen. A better option is a veggie burger rather than soy. Sorry to be so blunt but sometimes I think that people have gotten so soy crazy and it really isn't good for you. Especially if you have any issues with pcos, endometriosis, or are trying to conceive.

^ this
    Don't overdo the soy, i only eat it every so often. There are great veggie burgers out there made out of potatoes & veggies -> i only know Canadian brands so i cannot be so helpful here

As a vegetarian, i obviously recommend these options over meat. I do not have a problem with people eating meat, i just have problem with our current practices (factory farming, over-consumption leading to environmental degradation, etc...)

Happy Eating!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    I've learned not to call ground chicken or ground turkey 'burgers.' In my mind burgers are beef and putting ketchup on the ground poultry seemed weird to me. Once I renamed them either chicken or turkey 'patties' and cooked them on my new george foreman grill ( and avoided ketchup-mustard is OK for me) all was well.. i'm curious now to hear about soy....
    This. "Substitution" burgers aren't burgers. You can eat real burgers too (with cheese) if you know how to allot them correctly and get enough exercise to help counter the calories. I have at least one burger a week.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I never had a soy burger, but I have had a turkey burger and I actually enjoyed it quite a bit :drinker:
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Veggie burgers = delicious. BOCA burgers = AMAZING!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    what's the benefit of eating turkey burgers? Ground turkey has as much fat as ground beef usually. Buy the 90% lean beef and it's lower in fat and calories than the ground turkey I see in the stores. And tastes much better as well.

I understand soy if you're vegetarian. But I just don't see any benefit of turkey over beef. If somebody does, clue me in.

I eat turkey burgers because I do not care for the taste of ground beef AND anytime I eat beef, I am very sick from it.
  • captawesome
    captawesome Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    If God did not want man to eat meat, then he would not have put it on the earth to eat. The eating of meat is condoned by God. I am a Southern redneck and where I come from we kill our food or we do not eat. I respect your decision to not eat meat even though I do not agree with it, and I ask that people do not condem me for eating meat giving me the bull**** story of it isnt ethical to kill animals for food. The animals were put on this planet for man to eat, therefore I eat.

P.S. - You ain't gonna win, ask my wife!

It's not about "winning", it's simple just a matter of fact. People eat healthy, balanced and nutritious diets that are completely free of animal products every day.

I also don't believe that your god exists, so it's just not a justifiable argument for me - but then again, I also think it's convenient that a book written by man, for man is going to give man permission to do pretty much do whatever he wants with species that aren't his own.

^^ Completely agree (on each point) - Virtual high five :laugh:
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Damn it! Now I want a real beef burger with everything on it. Lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, pepper jack cheese, and of course, some catchup and mustard. *drools on keyboard**
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Neither. Just find some grass fed beef. Lots of iron, its lean, natural occurring CLA and other vital nutrients.

I eat grass fed burger wrapped in lettuce, with tomato, red onion, pickles and mustard...........OMG good and what I had last night for supper with a salad. YUMMO

I agree with this! Grass fed beef is awesome. And soy is bad for you.
  • Lissakaye81
    Lissakaye81 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I love all burgers. I have tried them all. I love beef, turkey, bison, and boca burgers. They all have their pro's and con's and different flavors. Try em and see what ya think. For the Boca's I love em on mini bagels with the laughing cow cheese spreads, the garlic kind is yummy! I am trying to stay away from meat more and more because I want to raise it, kill, and dress it myself, so I dont have to worry about the animals diet, treatment and human death. I love to eat meat, but hate unknowns. I am really bummed about reading the info on boca's here and will b doing more research. I'm wondering if any1 has any good recipes for home made fake burgers. Found out they grind skin in with turkey/chicken burgers. The bison burgers I have have an excellent flavor, watch out for overcooking them they get a gamey taste if not done right, expensive meat too.
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Damn it! Now I want a real beef burger with everything on it. Lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, pepper jack cheese, and of course, some catchup and mustard. *drools on keyboard**

Come on my friend!! I'll fire up the grill!
    I make an awesome burger so juicy and tender it will make ya slap your mamma!
    I worked at a steak house in college, I know some tricks of the trade.
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    @qtpie99.....

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but it has been a fun ride.
    **takes bite of deer tendrloin**
  • vegamy
    vegamy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    SOY healthier & no animal had to die for it C: Spicy black bean burgers from morning star are so good.

:-) Agreed!
  • qtpie99
    qtpie99 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the information. I'm thinking I may stay away from the soy and try veggie burgers instead or just stick to turkey or lean beef. I didn't know much about soy before and the reason I orginally asked the question was because of a recipe that used soy burgers which I will try the recipe but use a different kind of burger. :smile: