30 day shred questions

Options
Hi I am intrested in starting the 30 day shred. What are some of your successes with this workout. Also how hard would you rate it. Was it easy t get your self to do it everyday? Or was the workouts intense you had to force yourself to do it everyday?

Replies

• jayne215
    jayne215 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love her workouts because they are all less than 30mins and she kicks your butt! I hate working out but since they aren't long it's easier to make yourself do them. I lost my first 10lbs in a little over a month doing these everyday and watching what I ate. Definitely try them! Good luck!
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I did it last Monday and it was tough but I got though it without stopping. I'm going to wait a month to really get into it on a daily basis though. I haven't been in the gym in 3 months because of surgery and think it would make a big difference in my endurance if I get in the gym again first and my foot is still healing and I had a hard time with the jumping jacks, jump rope. (doc had told me no impact on my foot lol I don't listen to well. ) Otherwise it was a great workout! Loved that it didn't stop, and it goes by really fast. I didn't expect to be as sore as I was the next day. Very difficult to get on and off the potty for a few days FYI, my legs and butt got an amazing workout.
    I can't wait to start it again. Good luck!
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I am planning on starting March 1st. There is a topic in the forum "Shredding Through The Month Of March". This group is starting 30DS this week or March. Introduce yourself on the forum and we can cheer each other along.
  • Justice96
    Options
    I recently bought the 30 day shred, currently im on day 5 and im seeing somewhat of definition in my arms.
    If your an avid excersizer then level one has your basic workout moves but it still kicks your butt leaving you sore everyday so I do it every other day then the other days I do turbo jam CDs which are awesome aswell.
    Push-ups, squats, crunches, jumping jacks = basic level one moves. Sounds easy but she gives you a killer workout in just 20 minutes.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i did it in dec and it was hard the first 5 days. I was SORE! I didn't realize how sore i was going to be, i didn't stop, i pushed through it. In the end i lost 0 lbs and 1 inch off my waist, 2 inches off my tummy and hips. I am re doing it again this month, 1/2 way through it already and i am in way better shape this time around. I am not winded as much and can do ALL the exercises right through. I do get knee issues with the plank exercises in level 2 during the cardio bit so i do other cardio moves during those 2 exercises...
  • bobbi_jo2
    bobbi_jo2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am a little over half way through my 30 days. I posted some before/after pictures here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/506417-day-14-of-30-day-shred

I think there will be much more noticable change after the whole 30 days, and I'm excited to see. Either way, I feel much stronger and notice some definition in my arms and shoulders. My endurance is improving as well as my strength. It really is a great workout and while I sometimes want to die during it, it is over so fast and I want to keep going.
  • HeavenLeAngel127
    HeavenLeAngel127 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I love this workout. Little thing about me is I don't stick with things very well at all.... So I tried the 30ds and I was able to motivate myself to do it so easily because it goes soooo fast... I'm on day 20 right now and I'm starting to get abs its crazy. Also I have never liked running in my whole life. I mean NEVER. I would run for about 15 seconds and be done... Two days ago I went for a walk and found myself jogging....2 freakin miles!!!! I couldn't believe it!

Day one of the shred is kind of rough cause your breaking it all in, after that it goes by fast everyday and not only can you see your results, you can feel them too very quickly.

Everybody always said there isn't a quick way to get in shape without busting your butt to the point of dying, but the 30 day shred proved that wrong!!

The workout is broken up which makes it feel faster too.... each level workout has 3 segments in it. Each segment has 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and one minute of abs. This makes the actually workout about 22 minutes. With warm up and cool down it takes it to 27. But I don't add the cool down to my diary cause your heart rate lowers so much cause your just sitting on the floor stretching.
    There are 3 levels... you do level one for 10 days and move up to level 2 for 10, and then to level 3 for 10 days. Viola you are done....

Workouts make you sweat but they go by quickly and are effective. Not extremely hard either. Just enough to make your body adapt. Plus like I said each day it gets easier and easier.
  • angielautenbach
    angielautenbach Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for all the posts! I am for sure going to get it and start March 1st. I am excited to see how well it works for me!!!
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I got the 30 Day Shred about a month and a half ago, and unless you stay committed (like all workout programs) it will be tough to see results. I lost approximately four pounds from doing the shred, but a good amount of inches, as do most people. I'm new to working out in general, so it was extremely hard for me to find the motivation to do it religiously everyday. Which is why it took me a couple extra weeks haha. The first ten days were the easiest. By level two and level three, I was taking way too many rest days, not giving it my all, resorting to bad eating habits and sometimes not even finishing the workout completely out of pure laziness.

I really regret this. Although I'm happy it was better than nothing, I lost motivation quickly. However, I'm starting Ripped in 30 in a couple days, and I've definitely learned from my mistakes. I'm really excited and ready to do this the right way!

So my advice to you is to remember how badly/why you want this :) Stick to it! Push yourself, and don't take advantage of the stop button, like I did. Otherwise, it will give you the results you promise! Best of luck :)))
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!