Clean eating?!?

Options
Hey guys i have been hearing a lot about clean eating, but I'm a bit in the dark...what is it? What are considered 'clean' foods? Thanks in advance for all the help! XOXO

Replies

• tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    anything that hasn't been on the floor for longer than 10 seconds.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options

:laugh:

....anything not processed. So try to eat whole foods. Nothing that comes in a bottle, can, or box.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options

NOTHING lasts 10 seconds on the floor at my house. I think the longest any food remained on the floor before one of the dogs got it was about 2.5 seconds. And that was because the dogs were on the other side of the house when the food fell.......
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

AHAHAHAHAHA 10 second rule!!!

It's basically referring to eating unprocessed foods. So if the earth grew it, or it used to roam around on it, you're good to go! :)

Cryptic descriptions aside, it's nuts, fruits, veggies, seeds, lean meats, and seafood. It doesn't technically include wholegrains, but I eat them and I believe that I eat a relatively clean diet
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    they should be non-gmo foods too
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    Makes sense, processed foods are the devils work. Eat mother natures bounty and exceed.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of the above references to clean eating.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    There are different variations of clean eating from the Hard-core (grow it with my own hands) to the fairly loose. I fall into the fairly loose because I eat some forms of processed foods like morning star and boca burgers and skinny cow ice cream. For the most part thought, I try to stick with fresh veggies, fruits, nuts, beans, lentils, seeds, lean meats, etc.
  • jmulldome
    Options

Epically funny response.
    Helpful, no.........but very funny.
  • Lilith8984
    Lilith8984 Posts: 69 Member
    Options

Wait, I thought that was a five second rule?
  • miss_lizz
    miss_lizz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i eat about 75% clean if you wanna check my diary, all my fats come from nuts etc, almonds sunflower seeds.. I do have carbs tho! from whole wheat breads, tortillas etc! Brown rice... I could never be vegan idk how they do it, but ,y chicken i always get from whole foods without chemicals etc etc. ;)
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Clean eating - if it had a face or came from the ground - keep to it's purest most natural state as possible...

which means no processed food (if it has more than 4-5 ingrediates and you can't pronounce them or knwo what it is don't eat it)

There are different slants to eating clean...

The purest will tell you - only eat grassfed beef, wild caught fish, free range chickens and eggs, etc..

myself - I just dont' eat processed food...

I have been eating fairly clean for the past year (~80-85% of my diet clean) and just stepped it up by embarking on a 30 day Paleo challage (cuts out dairy, grains and beans)
  • hdlb123
    hdlb123 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Clean eating - if it had a face or came from the ground - keep to it's purest most natural state as possible...

which means no processed food (if it has more than 4-5 ingrediates and you can't pronounce them or knwo what it is don't eat it)

There are different slants to eating clean...

The purest will tell you - only eat grassfed beef, wild caught fish, free range chickens and eggs, etc..

myself - I just dont' eat processed food...

I have been eating fairly clean for the past year (~80-85% of my diet clean) and just stepped it up by embarking on a 30 day Paleo challage (cuts out dairy, grains and beans)

There are def. differnt levels of clean eating. Some people just cut out most processed foods. Some cut out everything unless its "natural". This website has some good info, and some good suggestions for getting started: www.100daysofrealfood.com
  • CynTX82
    CynTX82 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great question! I've been wondering the same.
  • katherinemm31
    Options
    :laugh:
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Check out Jamie Eason's LiveFit program. Its a 12 week system that give you a daily workout routine and clean eating options.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-phase-1.html

I have yet to do the workouts but I follow the clean eating plan. You can choose from many options, its not a restricted diet. She also has recipe's for some of her promoted food options.

I make the turkey meat mufins all the time and eat as a snack for added protien.
  • kirstyg1980
    Options

NOTHING lasts 10 seconds on the floor at my house. I think the longest any food remained on the floor before one of the dogs got it was about 2.5 seconds. And that was because the dogs were on the other side of the house when the food fell.......

yip sounds like my house although with 5 siberian huskies you can be sure there is always one at your feet waiting for it to fall lol
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    eating foods as close to their natural form, buying local produce and meats, a lot of people do strictly organic but i cant afford that all the time so i do what i can :)
  • bio_fit
    bio_fit Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    they should be non-gmo foods too

Why?