Online Dating?

Options
124»

Replies

• pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I just started an Eharmony account several weeks ago. I definitely haven't had any sparks yet and personally find that many of my matches haven't logged on in ages. I wish MFP had a dating component to it...seems that for most of us, this weight loss and fitness journey is such a huge part of our lives now and that could be a great way to bond as opposed to meeting random people online who might not understand how far we've come. Either way, how much do you really know about someone online anyway?
  • swtbrandy
    Options
    i met my husband online, not on a typical dating site..hahaha but the famous Craigslist hahah...we have been married for alittle over 2 years now :) he is amazing :) but there are some def. creepos out there...u have to be careful !!
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I have used on line dating sites.. I live in a SMALL town and it’s hard to meet people, not a ton of social things to interact and meet people at.
    I met my ex (11+ yr) on one. I went back after we had spilt. You have to wade through the good and the bad just like in real life.
    It does give you a good place to put yourself out there, it’s safe too. I like it cause I found it easier to talk about the tough stuff up front with less feelings of judgment from either side, than face to face.
    I have met several great guys, some I am now friends with, some I didn’t click with..
    It’s a great opportunity...
  • mustangbass
    mustangbass Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've had a few positive experiences with online dating, so I can't knock it. I think part of the problem is that men and women go looking for a date or partner with a laundry list of attributes they want their date to meet, so they short change themselves in the adventure of trying something (or somebody) new. My expectations are that my date must have a body temperature of 98.6 (at least most of the time), knows which way is up and has some idea of what their name is. Have fun with it and if you meet the person of your dreams, all the better!
  • mandygal13
    mandygal13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Met my now ex-husband on Match.com. I don't think the problems that caused the divorce were due to online meeting. I think were due to him trying to be what I wanted instead of who he was. But I think that can happen no matter where you meet. As others have said, just be careful and be sure to have an 'out' of some kind.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I met my husband during a free trial on matchmaker.com. I had to weed through some really creepy guys first, but I did find my keeper online. :-)
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Worked for me :)
    Been married just over 3 years
    6488_241710905424_554945424_7619054_1463589_n.jpg
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I met my exhusband on a dating site when I was 20 (2004) and we were together for nearly 6 years. I decided to do online dating again, but now I find it to be a joke.

All the men who say they want relationships are just trying to get laid.

The men who REALLY want relationships, have absolutely ZERO to offer a woman (no job, no car, etc).

Then there are the men who describe what they are looking for in a woman. What they want is so incredibly unrealistic. Sir, if you were god's gift to women, you would not need to be on an online dating site.

Then there's the men who say they want relationships, but all their pictures are of themselves showing their abs, and their description of themselves is how they need a girl who needs to have sex 10 times a day.

Or then there's the guy who has been married twice and has 4 kids.

Or then there's the guy who really wants a relationship and you have a lot in common. You spend several weeks emailing/texting/sending pics, then you meet and they're not interested or just like the "convenience" of having an online relationship.

And so on. And so on.