Need Advice- Kindle Owners!

Options
124»

Replies

• Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I have the regular kindle and you really can read it in direct sunlight (like on the beach) and it is the greatest thing ever. I don't have the Fire, so I can't speak to whether or not you can read it in direct sunlight, but most LED screens suffer from glare, which the Kindle Touch does not. It really does look and feel (to the eyes) just like a printed page.

I think this is the deciding factor. I don't own a fire but do have an android tablet. I find reading for long periods on the tablet hard on the eyes due to the back lit screen and the glare drives me nuts. I have the kindle app but don't use it because of the eye strain. The kindle keyboard however is just like reading a book. It has a pale grey background and black text. It doesn't light up (you need a booklight to read at night). There's no bells and whistles....it's just for reading (the browser sucks!) But if your all about getting emmersed in a good book for hours it's pretty amazing.

So you need to figure out what you will use it for the most and if reading books on a backlit screen will bother your eyes. I personally wouldn't go to a kindle touch because fingerprints while reading would drive me crazy. Both have pros and cons.... i personally couldn't live with out my kindle keyboard!!
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I would love to say I love my Fire...but my kids never let me use it.
  • Moeblessings
    Options
    I would love to say I love my Fire...but my kids never let me use it.

HAHAHA! That's how I felt when I was trying to use my nieces. She let go of it after she put her password in and told me not to visit the store without mom's permission (my sister).
  • ckhardeman
    ckhardeman Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I just got a Kindle Fire a month ago. It rocks. FYI: If you purchase & Wal-mart they will give a $50.00 gift card, so lets like you only paid $149.00 for it.