Turbo Jammers 4/27-5/3

Options
Good morning all my lovely Jammer friends. Welcome to a new and wonderful week.

So glad to see some of our familiar faces return last week, Sara, Deedun, and Amanda.
And of course we are also happy to see new faces. Whether you've been doing Turbo Jam for years and just found this thread or you just ordered your DVDs and you are impatiently waiting for them.

What are you goals for the week? Not just weight and exercise wise...anything you hope to accomplish this week, please share.

It's time to Party.....Move your BODY!

Replies

• Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Good morning all my lovely Jammer friends. Welcome to a new and wonderful week.

So glad to see some of our familiar faces return last week, Sara, Deedun, and Amanda.
    And of course we are also happy to see new faces. Whether you've been doing Turbo Jam for years and just found this thread or you just ordered your DVDs and you are impatiently waiting for them.

What are you goals for the week? Not just weight and exercise wise...anything you hope to accomplish this week, please share.

It's time to Party.....Move your BODY!
  • amanda15
    amanda15 Posts: 43
    Options
    I am hoping to eat clean this week. So, if anyone can point me in a good direction for good recipes, it would be MUCH appreciated! My back is still bothering me, so I am taking it easy. My dr. office is closed, so I think I will stick to walking for now.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Still working on getting my space in the basement so I can TJ on the concrete instead of the carpet to see if it will help my knees. Did run/walk 45 minutes today. Hoping to get the basement done by tomorrow (crossing fingers) depending on how much work I have today. I did FINALLY drop to overweight instead of obese yesterday. I never thought I would hear myself say I was happy to be overweight. :bigsmile: :glasses:
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Turbo Jam! I have been doing it for about 3 or 4 weeks and I can't get enough! The workouts go by sooo fast. I am a little bummed because I just did the cardio party (and LOVED it!) the first time about a week ago and the end of my video cuts out REALLY REALLY bad! I got it off ebay and I don't know if the seller will send me a new one or not. :-( I can still get through about 40 minutes of it though. I had been doing the 20 minute workout and the ab jam along with walking/running on the treadmill for 20-30 minutes.
  • christy559
    christy559 Posts: 105
    Options
    Hi

Checking in...got my dvds on Friday, did Learn & Burn Saturday and today...I felt like I worked OUT and my clothes were drenched. :smile:

I'm going to ramp up this week and then challenge myself next week. I see why everyone loves these dvds. I did the workout without getting confused on the moves :grumble: :smile:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Family,
    Hurray !! It's a new week full of new challenges! Glad we're all here and ready to go!! I overslept this am and didn't roll out of bed till 5am but I did get at least 20min TJ in for today... so far.
    On for either PK & J or CP3 when I get home. Tomorrow is sculpt day - the plan is 20min + TS before work.
    Glad you got your DVDs Christy - they do make you sweat!!!

Dimplzz - Gad you're here, keep up the good work!!

Naugustyniak- I move the rug off of the floor where I w/o and Taaa Daaaah no more knee issues!
    What a great suggestion!!
    Amanda- hope your back feels better, I know that's know fun. Drevans just got a neat cookbook so she can prob help out w/ the recipes!
    Drevans- You are just so bubbly and hopeful!! Thanks for getting us started this week and hope you feel the burn today!!

Where's Megan??

Big (((HUGS))) to all I missed
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options

Naugustyniak- I move the rug off of the floor where I w/o and Taaa Daaaah no more knee issues!
    What a great suggestion!!

I hope that helps cuz I really liked the TJ I did do. If I can just clear a spot all will be well. :bigsmile:
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, Jammers!!!

Hope everyone is having beautiful weather like we are...I love getting outside w/ the boys!!! We went for a nice walk this AM (about 45 minutes)...mommy pushing the double stroller while the oldest rides his bike.
    I've also gotten P,K,&J in so far. Perhaps more later on....we will see!!!

Have a great week everyone! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I had a awful weekend workout wise so I'm up for a serious workout tonight! I believe PK&J Turbo Sculpt AND Ab jam. That'll teach me! :drinker:

Have a great day everyone!
  • Kennie
    Kennie Posts: 31
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    So, I have had my Dvds for two workouts now and am in LOVE. I did Learn and Burn yesterday and today. Today I followed it with the Ab Jam and found it to be a much more exciting workout now! I will be moving onto the 20 min workouts tomorrow and hope it doesn't exhaust me for my karate classes and teaching my students (kids under 7 are a workout in themselves haha!)
    Hope everyone had a great weekend!
  • dimplzz
    Options
    Help with some of the abbreviations please.. :blushing:

And our weather is FINALLY starting to get nice here in Fargo, ND. It went from 81 late last week to snowing yesterday! I think that it is suppose to get to the 50's today but freezing again over night.
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

It's so great to see everyone getting their week off to a Jammin' start!! :drinker: Great job to all of you! Checking in today with CP2 and Booty Sculpt and Abs. The weather's beautiful here so I'm planning on doing yard work this evening :indifferent: (I'm not real big on yard work) :laugh:

Have a great evening!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Beeks5
    Beeks5 Posts: 41
    Options
    Hey Jammers!!

My goal for the week is to do at least 5 Turbo Jam videos!! I have been rather slack last week cause of the sickies .. so now time to kick it up a notch!! I am also going for walks in the evening with a good friend so I am looking forward to feeling great this week!!!:drinker: :bigsmile:

I have done Fat Blaster today!! Man I love that one!!:heart::heart: :heart:

Take care everyone and talk to ya soon!! Here's to a great week!!:flowerforyou:

Becky
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options

And our weather is FINALLY starting to get nice here in Fargo, ND. It went from 81 late last week to snowing yesterday! I think that it is suppose to get to the 50's today but freezing again over night.

As far as Turbo Jam (TJ)...

Turbo Jam 20 minute workout (TJ 20 min)
    Cardio Party 1, 2, or 3 (CP1)
    Fat Blaster (FB)
    Turbo Sculpt (TS)
    Punch, Kick, and Jam (P,K, &J or see will see PB&J-Hi, Megan:wink: )
    Ab Jam is pretty much ab jam

I'll be back later, Jammers!
  • christy559
    christy559 Posts: 105
    Options
    :noway: Boy is this a good work out...checking in with TJ today and CP is planned for tomorrow!
    I really sweat with this workout.:tongue:

Havng oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder to help me through the morning!

Have an awesome day!
  • dimplzz
    Options

As far as Turbo Jam (TJ)...

Turbo Jam 20 minute workout (TJ 20 min)
    Cardio Party 1, 2, or 3 (CP1)
    Fat Blaster (FB)
    Turbo Sculpt (TS)
    Punch, Kick, and Jam (P,K, &J or see will see PB&J-Hi, Megan:wink: )
    Ab Jam is pretty much ab jam

I'll be back later, Jammers!

Thanks so much! I couldn't figure out the p,k, j one or the fb because I don't have those two. lol I just have the cardio party & ab jam one and the learn n burn, 20 minute workout, and turbo sculpt. I think that my sister might have the others though.

I did the CP last night and LOVED it! My sister gave me hers so I was able to make it through the whole video. I walked/ran on the treadmill for 7 minutes before hand and 8 minutes after. I burned 624 calories and feel GREAT this morning!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    I am hoping to eat clean this week. So, if anyone can point me in a good direction for good recipes, it would be MUCH appreciated! My back is still bothering me, so I am taking it easy. My dr. office is closed, so I think I will stick to walking for now.

cleaneatingmag.com

Or pick up their magazine at your local Walmart. I haven't tried too many of their recipes but I love the magazine
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Naugusty-Congrats on being overweight. It's such a great feeling to go from obese to overweight. You will feel even better when you get closer to the healthy category. I am currently .7 lbs from falling into the Healthy category.

Dimplzz & Kennie- Welcome to our thread. We love to see new faces and new energy.

Wildkat-I had a slacker weekend as far as workouts go as well. It happens. Just jump back into it. You really should take 2 days off a week. I make it saturday and sunday :smile:

Well I spent the majority of my day yesterday working. I worked from home most of the morning and then spent 4 1/2 hrs at the office. It feels good to be working again but then again I felt like I should have been at home taking care of the house and family. Luckily hubby has this week off and he took care of those things in my absence. I did enough work yesterday that I don't have to work today and that's nice :happy: I didn't get a workout in yesterday....not even my walk!! So today I will workout until I can't take it anymore and hopefully the rain storm will wait until after 4 oclock so I can walk to get my son from school.

My goals this week...honestly they are just to enjoy life. I feel like I have been stressing about these last 5 lbs for a couple months now. So I have changed my goals to 15 more pounds rather than just 5. I also changed my exercise goals to 3 days a week rather than 5. Even though I will still probably do 5. But instead of stressing about getting my workouts in I'm just going to do as much as I can, when I can. Yesterday I didn't get in a workout and I went over my calories by about 250...not too shabby. Today I will try to fall under my cals by about 250. I'm learning to love my new body even though it's not where I want it to be yet and I think I have worked very hard for the last 8 months....it's time to enjoy the fruits of my labor!

Have a LOVELY day!
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    My goals this week...honestly they are just to enjoy life. I feel like I have been stressing about these last 5 lbs for a couple months now. So I have changed my goals to 15 more pounds rather than just 5. I also changed my exercise goals to 3 days a week rather than 5. Even though I will still probably do 5. But instead of stressing about getting my workouts in I'm just going to do as much as I can, when I can. Yesterday I didn't get in a workout and I went over my calories by about 250...not too shabby. Today I will try to fall under my cals by about 250. I'm learning to love my new body even though it's not where I want it to be yet and I think I have worked very hard for the last 8 months....it's time to enjoy the fruits of my labor!

Have a LOVELY day!

Drevans,
    That's just lovely!! It sounds like you're in a really good place with yourself and I agree, you should enjoy yourself right now- even though there's more you want to accomplish ~ there will always be more to do:laugh: I am trying to get there too - I work out 7 days a weeks and rarely take a day off and sometimes it's very hard for me - One of my goals was to give myself permission to take it easy sometimes. I guess I'll start with that. Thanks for the inspiration today:flowerforyou:

The universe somehow has a way of helping us with our choices! I had planned on PK & J or CP3 when I got home and guess what - power was out due to thunderstorms!!!! Dinner was totally not what I had planned on and couldn't do my DVD!! I had a bunch of not so good stuff to eat and went over may cals by about 400!! I rarely go over on my cals, so this was bothering me a bunch earlier!! I had laughing cow light cheese for the first time and ate like 4 wedges w/ some sesame crackers and strawberries. that wasn't bad... what was bad were the 4, 100 cal packs of mini cupcakes I ate. I am not buying 100 cal packs of anything anymore - they seem to give me a license to rationalize:laugh: !!!!
    Anyhoo~ new day , new beginning - same 12lbs to go! Did 20 min this morining and 20min and Ab Jam on for later.
    Congrats to all who took time out to honor themslves today by exercising their bodies!!!!
    You guys rock!

Have an awesome day,
    Janet:heart:
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Crazy day, so I only have a second to check in with PB&J (Hi Kelly :wink: ) Great job on everyone's workouts...and goals! :drinker: Balance is so important to me now, and I know if I go too far in one direction (like obsessing about working out), eventually I'll get so stressed I'll go off the deep end in the other direction. Like you said Lyn, I have to remind myself this is a lifetime change, so it has to be something I can manage in my life every day, and if I have a day that's not perfect, it's really no big deal, there's bound to be days like that. Just gotta keep moving forward, not backward!

have a great evening everyone!
    :heart: