Turbo Jammers 4/27-5/3

Options

Replies

• lissy0
    lissy0 Posts: 1
    Options
    hey there! :smile:

I have just started this turbo jam programme even though its been sitting on my dvd shelf for the past year or so.... good intentions :ohwell:
    so far so good, although im pretty whacked after the learn and burn, and incredibly out of time lol

not so new to this attempting to lose weight but this time I am determined to do it, I am using little things to change daily/weekly and trying not to think I've failed if my stomach isn't flat after day 3.
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I did it! Last night I promised I would do TS, CP1 and ab jam and I did! I'm not used to working out that long but I felt great, burned over 800 calories and now I don't feel so guilty about the weekend! Tonight it's PK&J and a nice dinner of scallops and veggies with my hubby. He works so much we don't get to spend much time together during the week.

Here's to all of us for enjoying our life, it's not the destination it's the journey, right? I know it's not original but SO true! :drinker:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I managed to get CP3 in today amongst a crazy busy schedule. Hopefully tomorrow I will get a good workout in as well as a 4 mile walk. Race for the Cure is coming up fast, I wanna make sure I'm ready!

Congrats to all of you that got a workout in today, no matter how big or small it was!!
  • christy559
    christy559 Posts: 105
    Options
    Checking in with CP...I thought I wouldn't ever find a workout tape that I could do and enjoy at the same time. I really enjoy her workouts and I'm only in week 1 of the Advanced workout schedule.:wink:

Initially I posted that I was going to go easy for the first week of the workouts :glasses: ...then I watched the Biggest Loser and decided to go for it. I can do this! :smile: Week after week they are hauling butt...and I know they have trainers and access to all kinds of stuff. But every time I see someone get eliminated it reminds me that I still have to do the work, with whatever I have.

Bring it!:flowerforyou:
  • Kennie
    Kennie Posts: 31
    Options
    Hey heys,
    I know this topic has probably been brought up before but here it goes!
    How the heck does everyone know how many cals you burned while doing these videos?
    20 minute and Ab jam today plus 20 mins of stationary bike.
    Have a great day everyone!
    :bigsmile:
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Hey heys,
    I know this topic has probably been brought up before but here it goes!
    How the heck does everyone know how many cals you burned while doing these videos?
    20 minute and Ab jam today plus 20 mins of stationary bike.
    Have a great day everyone!
    :bigsmile:

I have a heart rate monitor. It is a Reebok one that I got new on ebay for about $45. A lot of people really love the Polar ones. They are more around $100. They are soooo worth it though!!

I did the 20 minute workout last night and the Ab Jam, along with walking/running on the treadmill and for some reason I don't remember how many calories I burned.... I think it was right around 350 though. Yesterday was a non-workout day but I had a few too many calories for dinner so I had to get it in. Darn Pita Pit!!! :-D
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Good job on the workouts! Christy...Way to go for it!!! :drinker:

Kennie, alot of us use heart rate monitors, but for me, kickboxing on this database is almost identical to what my HRM calculates for the all of the cardio programs.

Checking in with CP2 and Chalean Extreme Burn 2 today. If you guys are interested in CE I definitely recommend it! I'm only in week 2 of CE, and I can't believe the difference in my muscle tone! Be forewarned that it's NOTHING like TJ. No dancing or fun music, even in the two cardio DVD's she provides, but it's really kicking my workouts up a notch. The weight training segments are scheduled 3 days a week, so that leaves me plenty of room to keep Jammin'!!!

have a great afternoon!
    :heart:
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Checking in with PK&J for last night. Tonight is my night off so I will try not to overindulge at dinner tonight with friends.

Have a great day everyone! :drinker:
  • christy559
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Kennie, alot of us use heart rate monitors, but for me, kickboxing on this database is almost identical to what my HRM calculates for the all of the cardio programs.

Checking in with CP2 and Chalean Extreme Burn 2 today. If you guys are interested in CE I definitely recommend it! I'm only in week 2 of CE, and I can't believe the difference in my muscle tone! Be forewarned that it's NOTHING like TJ. No dancing or fun music, even in the two cardio DVD's she provides, but it's really kicking my workouts up a notch. The weight training segments are scheduled 3 days a week, so that leaves me plenty of room to keep Jammin'!!!

have a great afternoon!

I ordered CE....what weights are recommended? 5#? 8# ? I have some weights, but want to be prepared. Thanks
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hi everyone!

have a great afternoon!

I ordered CE....what weights are recommended? 5#? 8# ? I have some weights, but want to be prepared. Thanks

Actually that's kind of a problem with CE...you need alot of different weights! After 2 weeks I'm using anywhere from 10# to 25# depending on the exercise. The 2nd month (Push phase) goes even heavier. And the thing is you really need a good range...10, 15, 20...etc. I got a set of the kind you dial from 5-25 lbs which works well (they were about $60 at Wal-mart). I looked at Chalene's site and her weights go from $700-$1000! :noway: :noway: :noway:

I'm really happy with the program, just be aware that to do it right, it's really an investment! :smile:
  • christy559
    Options
    Hi everyone!

have a great afternoon!

Actually that's kind of a problem with CE...you need alot of different weights! After 2 weeks I'm using anywhere from 10# to 25# depending on the exercise. The 2nd month (Push phase) goes even heavier. And the thing is you really need a good range...10, 15, 20...etc. I got a set of the kind you dial from 5-25 lbs which works well (they were about $60 at Wal-mart). I looked at Chalene's site and her weights go from $700-$1000! :noway: :noway: :noway:

I'm really happy with the program, just be aware that to do it right, it's really an investment! :smile:

I'm so glad I asked!!! I will make a trip to Walmart and look for the adjustable weights...I'm impressed, 25#!!!
    I just grabbed my 10# weights and nearly fell over :grumble: :mad: But thats why I ordered CE :smokin:
  • aerome
    aerome Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I did Cardio Party for the first time today. I worked up a pretty good sweat and felt really good once I finished. :smile:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey Jam Family,
    Checking in w/ 20 min this morning and Just finished CP2 and 20min - man, that was a good workout! I would have settled for CP2 alone but adding the 20min behind it was really good!!
    Great job on all the workouts today Ladies ~ i'm proud of you all!! You keep me moving in theright direction:drinker: :drinker:
    Megan - I am so excited to hear about your progress w/ CE!! I can't wait til I get a few extra bucks so I can invest!! Maybe since the weight training segments are only 3 x /week I might stick to them. If She is half as motivating as she is in TJ I'm sure I'll stick with it. Only 2 weeks and you can see a difference???? and your lifting 25#?? WOW!! I'm totally impressed. I'm w/ Christy - 10#s feels like alot to me right now!! I'm much more comfortable w/ 7-8# for reps. Are you getting bulky at all? I def dont want to look puffed up... I can't afford that at all:laugh:

Settling down now w/ some SF pudding and the remote ~ satisfy that sweet tooth! Eating has been much better and that make me happy. Sometimes it's hard for me to get back on track.

Have a wonderful nite everybody,
    Janet:heart:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Another busy day. No TJ but I did walk 4 miles. Just wanted to pass this bit of info on for you addicts out there.

Drumroll please.... Turbo Kick workouts in the past have only been available to instructors. http://www.turbokick.com/ We have created a "Fan" version of the Turbo Kick workout avail later this week.This ain't your normal home workout! Wimps steer clear! Available later this week....sign up now to be the first to order the FAN DVDs. See the sign up at the bottom of our page http://www.turbokick.com

Chalene posted that on facebook today. I would LOVE to get some new workouts. I can't wait!
  • Kennie
    Kennie Posts: 31
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    Thanks for the input about the monitors and the kcikboxing being nearly the same!

Checking in with my karate sparring classes for an hour then I think Im going to the 20 min for fun this eve. Im addicted YAY!
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Hi, Jammers!!! I cannot believe it is Thursday already...this week has flown by!

Checking in with 20 min, Ab Jam, and TS for the day. Feeling good:bigsmile:
  • Beeks5
    Beeks5 Posts: 41
    Options
    Hey Jammers

Still here!! I have had such an off week! I'm no where near falling off the wagon, just finding it hard to be motivated this week! Does anyone else find it hard to keep track during that time of the month?:blushing: I just find i am craving anything and everything!! Grr!

Well I haven't done a TJ workout everyday, but I have still been walking!

Later Jammers

Becky!
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Family,
    Just making a really quick check in w/ CP2 before work and on my way to get in 20min and AB Jam before I lose my motivation!! Sometimes it just helps to write it down:laugh:
    Beeks - I no loger have t hat issue .... but I still crave ?????? So what's my problem,LOL!!
    The eating has been much betterof late - Brown rice, brussel sprouts and some grilled spicey turkey sausage(thanks Drevans) are on for tonight and of course my SF jello pudding!!

Hope all are doing well and jammmin away:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

L8TR,

Janet:heart:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Kelly, Becky I can't believe this week has flown by either. And as far as eating....WOW I don't know what has come over me....I'm ALWAYS hungry. I think it's because I'm not getting as much water as I should. I'm making healthy eating choices but definately eating too much of them

I did get a workout in today... CP and then a 2 mile walk. Going down to get frozen yogurt right now...and then hitting the couch for Hell's Kitchen and Southland....then I need to work UGH!

Great job on all the workouts today!
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    checking in with CP2 and ab jam today. Great job on all of your workouts/walks, etc! :drinker:

Janet and Christy....I'm really loving CE. The 25# I'm using is just for the lunges right now. My lower body is much stronger than upper, but I'm getting there. Actually I'm really excited...Chalene's really BIG on pushups in this program, ugh! :grumble: She has you do a strength test before you start and I could only do 1 push up absolutely correctly (the rest I had to cheat), and yesterday in the workout I did all 12 correctly!! Yeah Me!! :laugh:

Becky I definitely have a few days a month when I'm completely unmotivated and don't want to eat healthy. I have noticed that it's not as bad now that I'm in better shape than a few months ago, but even still, I just try not to over do it too much eating wise and maybe go for a shorter walk or something just so I don't feel too guilty :tongue: The good news is that it always passes and I get a new burst of energy afterwards!

Have a great night everyone!