5'4" women, what weight...

Options
I am just curious as to what other women at my height weighed when they fit different size pants. I am currently a size 18, 213 pounds. I have lost 16 pounds since I started dieting on New Year's and I am starting to get anxious. I want to start seeing a change in my pant size, not just the weight. So, what sizes for different weight/weight ranges?

Replies

• gratefulbuddhist
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and weigh 243lbs and wear a 18w.
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I weigh 137 pounds at 5'4. My jeans are size 5 or 7..usually tighter on the butt and thighs but huge on the waist because I'm a little curvier on the lower part of my body. 16 pounds is a good amount of weight to have lost in 2 months, and its a healthy loss. Keep at it. Im sure youre losing more inches then anything. I stopped worrying about the scale and more about the way my clothes are fitting and how I look in the mirror :)
  • GolfChickPDX
    Options
    I'm just curious, what are you doing for excercise? That is the key to losing size more than losing weight. I'm a bit taller than you but I can tell you I lost 30 lbs. and one size just eating more healthy. I lost 2 sizes and about 10 lbs. exercising.

While a pound of muscle weighs the same amount as a pound of fat... It sure takes up less space!!
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" as well. I'm bouncing between 148 and 150lbs right now and I'm about a size 9 pants. I would drop a pants size about every 10lbs. I started my journey at 193lbs and I was about a 16 pants.
    I do more weight/strength training too. Not just cardio. Strength training builds muscle and burns body fat which in turn make you lose more inches. Try adding some weights to your routine. That helped me.
    I hope this helps. Feel free to add me as friend as well. If you have any questions, just let me know. I would love to help more if I can. Good luck!
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I'm around 170-175 right now and wear a NZ 12-14 which is a US 8-10

FWIW I've dropped about 17 1/2lb and haven't changed pant size yet as it all hinges on my tummy/waist measurement and that's not moved significantly
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    5'4" 194 lbs Size 12 Levis
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    5'5" and 252. Jeans I wear mostly size 18 lane bryant (they are getting loose) and can just fit into some 16s. In tops I'm in a L, 16/18.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    5'4" 144 size 6 or 8. I have only lost 6 pounds but 2 pants sizes because most of my flub was in my tummy and that has slimmed down drastically (dreaded muffin top is disappearing). I lift heavy 3X week and do an hour of pretty intense cardio 2X week.

16 pounds is a phenomenal start and I am sure you will start to see changes in sizes soon! Keep up the good work!
  • jheald23
    jheald23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and I seem to go down a pant size every 10-15 lbs. Thats with working out though, not just dieting, so it might be more like 15-20 lbs of fat loss with some muscle build. Since your weight loss journey has recently started, and you've lost 16 lbs so far (congratulations!!!) you should be seeing some difference in clothes (a little looser around the waist maybe?). Dont get frustrated yet! You'll start dropping sizes soon- slow and steady!
  • Bellemorte24
    Bellemorte24 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and weigh 120-123 depending on the day. I wear a size 7-9 in jrs depending on brand. I have short legs and tend to hold my weight in my legs and rear.
  • kasgill
    kasgill Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5'', 154 lbs, and wear a size 6. I would love to lose about 15 more pounds but it seems that the more I obsess about it, the harder it gets. I am currently training for a 1/2 marathon and watching my calories and have lost NOTHING over the past 3 weeks. So frustrating. I wish I knew what I was doing wrong. I honestly think I am starting to agree with some of the previous people that posted in that having a scale sitting around is an awful thing.
  • ifucsam
    Options
    I'm 5'4" just barely and 199lbs. Started out at 206lbs about 1.5 months ago. My pants are a 14 and tops are usually a large but I have 38DD breasts so sometimes an xtra large depending on the style.
  • saragoode
    Options
    Im 5'4" and weigh 200. And I wear a 16!
  • michelleinpa
    michelleinpa Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" - currently 209 and wearing a 16/18 - if history repeats its self - My first goal is 165 and size 10/12
  • twilightfan20
    twilightfan20 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm around, 5'4"-5'5". When I started I was 295 pounds and between a size 20/22, depending on how the clothing was made (stretch, spandex, dress pants, regular jeans, etc.). I'm now down to 221 pounds and back and forth between 18/20 because of the way I'm built. Let's just say my bust and my butt like to keep growing! Hoping to be 170 by the end of the year. I want to be healthy, but I still want my beautiful curves!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3, but when I started at 224lbs I was in a tight 18 and probably should have been in a 20. I went to a 16 at around 200lbs. I got in 14's at around 180-185lbs. Now at 168lbs I am in (tight) size 12's.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    I am 5' 4 3/4" (my doctor said 'just write 5'5") anyway, I currently am 151lbs, if my scale is right. to be honest, I don't know my pants size... all my pants are elastic because I move a lot and don't like to be literally caught in the bind. :) I think I wear a size 10/12... :ohwell: If you like the way your body is shaping up, size is just a number, just like our age. I am numerically larger than my sisters, but I look smaller because I have better muscle tone.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    sizing can also change depending on the brand. measure yourself with a tape measurer and find a sewing pattern with the sizing on the back and see where you are. Thats probably your best bet in finding out what size you really are. sewing patterns have standards to follow.
  • msjta
    msjta Posts: 51
    Options
    I too am 5'4. I started eating healthier in january. Last weigh in I lost a total of 16lbs. Current weight is 207. My size 16 pants are baggy. My size 14 pants are are a little snug but proudly wearing them with hopes of losing them loosing up by the end of March. I can't do any weights because I bulk up too fast. So i do cardio..Good luck
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    at 145 I was a size 6, now at 130 i'm a size 3-5 depending on the brand. At 120 I was still a size 3 in most brands, but again depending could be a 1-5. Our sizing system is kind of backwards.