Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - March Challenge!! Take 2!

Options

Replies

• eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!!

We had a talk yesterday in my running clinic about nutrition, and they told us that as we increase our distances, planning of meals and snacks gets more important. The dietician/nutritionist said that we will be hungry 24/7 and that its normal to feel constantly hungry and want to eat all the time .I am glad to hear that because I have definitely experiencing some of that lately

I keep picking out recipes that look healthy and delicious, but require a bit of prep/cooking time and by the time i get home from my runs i'm usually starving and need something quicker. I would like to make these sweet potato/white bean burger..we shall see if that actually happens tonight.

QOTD- Marathon last weekend of May..thats pretty much the only race I am registered for/training for at this point. Oh and Sparta the following weekend which is a 5k trail run (up a mountain essentially) with obstacles. Its really muddy and a lot of fun.. Definitely recommend it or similar mud runs.
  • apple2107
    apple2107 Posts: 47
    Options
    Is it too late for a new challenger now? If it's not, then:

~Allie7383- PR in my Disney Half Marathon, be under 145, log 5 days a week and drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
    ~Skreal89 - break the 210 mark for the first time in 3 years; run 4 miles without a walking break; burn 6000 calories a week working out; eat all of my daily calories instead of eating low and being hungry all the time.
    ~Catrina9785 - actually finish the 30DS, work on completing my C25K, decrease my muffintop area by 0.5in, lose 5 lbs, start cooking more homemade healthy meals.
    ~courtneymal17-Lose at least 1 lb//week, workout 6 times a week, no fast food, & start running (Long term goal is to run a 5k in november!)
    ~jnbud2002- start working out 6 times a week with P90, drink at least one whole 3 qt ish jug of water while at work, lose at least 5 lbs, and start eating more homecooked meals
    ~adam4life - Swim 3 times a week, Bike at least 3, run at least 4. 3 hours of workouts per day. Push-ups and sit-ups in the morning and at night before bed. Keep up another solid month of no soda and no fast food. TRAIN HARD!!!
    ~Kaitthegr8t- go to the gym M/W/F and walk the park or beach Saturday AND Sunday. Cut carbs and eliminate beer all together. Only go out to eat twice this month :)
    ~strunkm4 - Run 100 miles this month, Lose 5 lbs, eat at least 1,200 calories a day.
    ~miss_amy- hit onederland this month!, lose at least 6lbs, work out 5-6x a week, making sure to get at least 2 arm/back workout days in every week, do more yoga!
    ~monkeypantz - Do some kind of cardio workout 6 days a week, no takeaways/ fast food, track food in MFP everyday, stay within calorie limit everyday
    ~StacyAnn1001 - work out 6 days a week, minimum an hour a day - double works out 3 times a week (cardio on my lunch for 45 mins, circuit training at night for 55 mins), learn how to use weights (this is the goal i didn't complete last month), get down to 120 lb by feb 29 (HAPPY LEAP YEAR!!!!), continue to NOT snack on cheese at home, book a vacation for March to somewhere tropical i can wear a bikini, continue to network on MFP and help support all my new friends on here :)
    ~lilieslosinit- I have one goal that is really important to me. I want to log everything, every day. I'm terrible at holding myself accountable. Other goals include: drinking 8 glasses of water, getting down to 160, and exercising 5 days per week.
    ~abby459 - Run 100 miles in Febuary (will be harder this month, less days and vaca!!) Keep up with my training plan for my 1/2 in April. Hopefully get to 135lbs. And since I have vacation from Feb 25 - March 3, I am making it a goal to work out a minimum of 4times over that week!!
    ~mkingraham (Megan)- stretch, drink at least 64oz of water a day, make heatlhy eating choices, and visit the gym
    ~ eleanoreb- El- rack up the running miles
    ~ moochachip (Emily)- Drink 8 glasses water a day, work out at the gym 3-4 times a week, run 4-5 days a week preparing for 5K in May.
    ~Maridelsol82 (Mari)- Drink at least 10 cups of water a day, weight train at least twice a week, and some type of cardio at least 3 or 4 times a week. Lose at least 4 pounds this month:)
    ~Jessie544- get below "lowest weight" (since I've been dieting) which is 175 (current weight 184.8) AKA lose 10 lbs, continue going to cardio classes and maybe try zumba (big maybe cuz they charge $11 a class!)
    ~Cassi_Eats_Apples- Knock off 5 pounds this month, try a Zumba or Aqua Zumba class. Do more strength training.
    ~Shannonaufman - Eat 1200 net calories; Drink 64 ounces of water on weekdays, 32 on weekends; exercise for 1000 minutes; burn 10000 calories; walk/run 30 miles this month. I wouldn't be devastated if I saw 161 on the scale at the end of the month.
    GreenHumanClay (Cynthia) Continue to train for my 1/2, increase h20, 1-2 days of R&R, eat less than 10% of boxed food items, lose 2 pounds, weight train 3xs/week, sleep more, focus and stay on top of my current school program and enjoy this month more than last!!
    ~Meagalayne- Complete 4 more weeks of ATB training (modified for my travel schedule) including a long run up to 14miles; weight train 2x per week + spin with CrazyCarl on Mondays; Try hot yoga; No weigh-ins after Feb 3rd until post ATB; allow myself to indulge while in Austin, but not to completely derail my progress with food and emotional eating; Start/Finish another novel on vacation.
    ~jublum- workout 4-5 days a week. each of those days include cardio, but each day i need to incorporate 15-20 of strength training which I have been lacking in. Also, to stay on tracking and meet my calorie goal everyday!
    ~lalonmeg000 (meghan) Finish up Insanity, only 4.5 more weeks! Continue eating healthy by grocery shopping 1x/week so I can get fresh fruits and veggies. Do 1 thing this month that is fun, for me just because I am worth it (ie, a new shirt, a pedi, massage etc)
    ~KCrandi-I'd like to fit into size 10 Jeans. BUT the goal I'm setting is to Work out atleast once everyday, as well as drink atleast 8 glasses of water/day.
    ~btor- My goals for this month are to not drink pop, work out a minimum of 5 days a week for an hour each time, and to eat more veggies!
    ~Stylistntenn - My goals this month: to lose 7 lbs, to keep increasing my exercise and treadmill time as I get in better shape, also decrease my diet soda intake and up my water. :) Good luck to everyone!
    ~Alcavin08-My goals for this month are to drink at least 8 glasses of water 7 days a week, be more active, eat more fruits and veggies, and be down in the mid 170's by the end of this month.
    ~clairification-Complete the 30 Day Shred, work out on breaks at work, eat more raw foods and remember to take my vitamins!
    ~GuamGrly (Bethany) - create a meal plan each week, workout 3-4 times per week, keep up with 5K training for the mud run on March 31st, consume no less than 64oz of water per day, up fruit and veggie intake
    ~CaliAliLouise- stick to my meal plan for the month, only eat out twice this month, work-out 6 days a week and get below 175!
    ~Twisted88- My goals for this month are to be under 225 by month's end, to workout at least 5 times a week, and to start bringing my dinner with me Tuesday-Thursday when I have class in the evening (10 out of 13 potential times if possible).
    ~alodell89 - My goals are to drink more water and to work out at least 4 days a week!
    ~ TonnaJai - lose 5 lbs, 6 glasses of water I want say 8 because I am beginning from old habits, use my elliptical Monday through Friday!
    ~melrose09 - run a 10k and get my 5k below 30 minutes. 5 second one arm handstand on EACH side, 4 press handstands in a row, perfect 2 man squat and at least 3 more acro tricks with my partner.
    ~siobhanhannon: workout 5x weekly including at least one pilates class to improve my posture; drink 3L of water a day (regularly not gulping down when I realise its been hours!), lose 8lb to bring me down to 160lbs, think positive and keep at it
    ~kendib - work out 6 days a week, enjoy my rest day, back to going to bed early, lose 6 pounds.
    ~jacksonsarah6 - work out 3 or 4 days a week, drink 6-8 glasses of water every day and finally see the scale move in the right direction!
    -ThisisMiss - Walk at least one hour every day with my DD, get more aerobics/dancing time in at least five days a week, drink more water, eat fewer carbs
    -nyfashionista19- Stick with my zumba for wii routine, while incorporating 30 DS starting on the 13th and complete it! Get under the 210 mark(7 lbs.to go!) and take my son for more stroller walks!-weather permitting
    -ser1019 : Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day, lose 6 pounds, eat more fruit/veggies, and work out 4-5 days a week for 1-2 hours. Good luck everyone!
    -ElleD89 - Lose at least 3 pounds, bring my running up to 25 miles/wk (currently at 18), and limit my drinking to one night a week.
    -charf88 - Try 30 Day Shred, but if i vomit work out by walking or doing a Zumba DVD at least 3 times a week
    ~zgolub - log in every day to MFP till end of month, work out every day off from work (I work 3 days a week), get up early one workday to work out, stick to under 2000 cals 5 days a week.
    -missgolightly727(Emily)- Run 3 days a week(stick to 10k training plan), spin 1 day a week, drink 3 water bottles full of water per day, track EVERYTHING, BREAK THIS STUPID PLATEAU!
    -apple2107 - Lose 5 lbs from now til end of the month. Stick to Jillian M's 6 weeks 6 packs at least 5 times per week (the other two with different activities), drink at least 8 cups of water everyday and start tracking AGAIN.
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day Lovelies!! I wasn’t gonna post today but decided that I needed to be a good veteran of this forum and do it anyways.

Meag – that’s awesome that you have started to map out your races for the year. I am looking forward to my race in April and will go from there. This year, I WILL make it to the Long Beach race in October.

QOTD – my biggest challenge right now will be to complete my first 5K on April 22nd. Since I have NEVER run a race in my life, I just want to finish. I have no time to beat but will feel so accomplished as I cross that finish line!!

Kendi – I have really enjoyed repeating weeks in the past but I won’t have enough time this time around because I am pretty much training right up until my race. Which means I definitely have some making up to do since I have yet to run this week. And that’s awesome about the trip to the baseball game. I hope your re-take of day 3 went better for you!!

Cynthia – so glad that your boyfriend’s sister is on the road to recovery. Although it may be a slow journey, I’m sure that knowing that she is surrounded and being helped by all of her family like that will help her so much to get better. I just hope that you can juggle everything. I know that there have been days when you have been overwhelmed by your already chaotic schedule.

Meghan – I love the enthusiasm and attitude girly!! That is truly awesome!! Perhaps when we meet up, you can pass that onto me!! I could use some extra motivation!!

Eleanore – I am not good with recipes that require a lot of prep!! Hopefully you are able to find something that works for you. And where is the Sparta 5K?

Apple – you are more than welcome to join in the fun!!

AFM…I managed to get sick AGAIN this week. Started feeling it on Monday and it was worse by Tuesday but luckily today I felt so much better. But since I was sick, my workouts and eating habits went out the window. I don’t know what it is about being sick that makes me throw all healthy eating habits out the window. But tomorrow is a new day and I fully intend to make better choices and hit up the gym after work. Just a few days before the kids and I road trip it to Arizona to visit my parents and catch some baseball spring training. My only fear is that my mother will cook for me the entire time and although mother’s cooking is always best, it is not always the healthiest. So I think I will put in my few requests and then also offer to make dinner one night. I also need to check and see how close there is a gym to her house so that I can attempt to get my workout in. Otherwise, I will have to suck it up and just go for a run around her neighborhood.

I hope everyone is having a great start to their month!!!
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Hope everyone’s having a good start to the month. This week has been a bit crazy between work, appointments, getting workouts in and just life in general. Since I had to switch weekends for my Half, I’m working again this weekend, but which means I have Thurs and Fri off which is nice. After work tonight I’m meeting with my professor to see about working in his lab next year, as part of my program’s requirements, then home to sleep before my classes.. Oh and a lovely quiz.. Friday I volunteered to have an MRI done at the place that my sister works at, so I get to see what my hip looks like and get paid $50 woo! The funny thing is that she’s the only tech that knows the procedure so I get to be her patient lol. Looking like it’s gonna be an eating-out day for lunch and dinner that day, though Sat. I have a jog/walk planned with a friend. The next Half is coming up way too soon.. At some point this weekend I have to fit in my 10 mile run. I’ve done it before so I know I can cover it again, just need more mental prep!

Bethany- sounds like a fun race at the stadium! I think they have one similar for the Phillies as I believe a friend of mine is participating. I wouldn’t mind doing one! Def keep signing up for races, as it’s great motivation to stay active in the running dept. Oh and I def find it annoying when people cancel at the last minute, or change things without telling you. A few weeks ago I went out with my good friend, who I don’t get to hang out with much, and I was excited for girl talk. So we get to the martini place, and she gets a table for 4 then turns to me and says her b/f and his friend are meeting us.. I was like, um, ok, wth! I’ve had several instances with her in regards to him, however she told me the other day they broke up, which I’m not very sorry about.. Nice guy but waay too much baggage… Oh and feel better! I just saw your last post. Stock up on the vitamin C and tea. The hot liquids might curb the appetite or something.

Meag- sounds like a great schedule so far! I’ve started looking ahead to races, but haven’t found much around me. I want to give myself a bit of time after the half to recoup. I saw you ended up having a not so great dinner with Tyler, sorry to hear about more issuesOn the flip side, you are just killing it with the runs! That last one was just amazing and so inspiring! I’m gonna think about that when I don’t wanna get out, or when I want to stop when I can most likely continue!

Kendib- good luck on getting to your next goal! So close! I give you credit for the no caffeine! I have to have some coffee before work (I work overnights), or else I don’t think I’d make it. I think I have it now more for taste than effect, but it’s def routine now. Are you doing a program for running?

Cynthia- glad thinks seem to be going ok for your bf’s sister. Thank goodness she had her seatbelt on!

Meg- lol I can’t wait for spring break either! I only have 2 classes but they’re tough and I have a midterm next week to get thru, eek! Yay for Cali though! And believe me I feel the same way about wanting to look good too lol. My friend is a lawyer, rather pretty, has this great townhouse, car, etc, and it makes me feel better that I’m thinner than her lol.. Yes I know that’s so shallow, but sometimes I feel so um, crappy, I guess when I compare us, (though I know I shouldn’t) so that one thing just helps.

Ok back to work, break is almost over.. Take care all!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Holy posts! I am really swamped emotionally right now and just cannot find the energy and time to post, but I hope to catch up with you soon :ohwell: Keep kickin' *kitten* ladies :drinker:

Much love :heart:
  • kendib
    kendib Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    El - The Sparta run sounds like a fun challenge to keep things interesting. For recipes ideas you might check out the Kraft website. I have found many 30 min. recipes and they have a healthy living section as well. I have taken many of their recipes and add or changed things to make them healthier. Also, the prep can be done ahead of time. If I know what I will be cooking the next night or for the week, I will go ahead and chop an onion, etc. and have all of that ready to be thrown together.

Bethany - I'm sorry you are sick. I hate being sick and it always throws a damper on any plans. I am trying not to repeat any of the workouts but I will if I can't make the complete running time. The W4D3 was the only one I had trouble with and I think it was more to do with lack of sleep and not properly hydrating that day. I think making some requests are reasonable when you are visiting family. I often take my own things to eat, when we dine with the in-laws or if we are traveling to my family's house I will buy a few of my own groceries to add to the meal that I know I can fill up on or have good things to snack on. If what they are having is not something that fits in my calorie budget I will eat a small portion and fill up on fruit and veggies.

allie - oh, the days of having a busy. I loved being super busy and completed college in 4 years, worked full time and was in shape. After college I just stopped. I worked full time and enjoyed being married and became the statistic of fat married people! I am currently doing the C25k program and hope to move onto longer distance and be able to run a marathon in April of 2013. The no caffeine is going well and most mornings I have decaf coffee, for me it was more about having something warm in the mornings rather than the actual caffeine.

AFM - the goal of getting my motivation back as being stellar so far. As of day 7 I have worked out a total of 5 workouts and they were good workouts, not just moving cause I'm supposed to! I am 3.4 pounds away from reaching the 30 pound lost mark and am looking forward to crossing that point. Offically, I month away from my race. I am nervous and excited since I haven't ran a race since high school cross country.

Hope all of you are having a great day!

Kendi
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Holy slow thread ladies - and I have been terrible about keeping up!

This week has been particularly brutal. I've got a race in a few minutes so no time to update right now. But I will be back later to catch up with you all and post a race-update from today's 5K. Not expecting a PR today but I'll take one if it happens :wink:

What have you beauties been upto? Keep us posted! And I'll do a better job of keeping up, as well...

Hopefully :tongue:

Happy Saturday! :heart:
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    GuamGrly - Thanks.

Update: So far I've lost an inch off my waist and a half inch of my hips (and surprisingly a quarter inch off my neck *shrugs*). I also broke through the mini plateau I was on am down a total of 2.4 pounds for the month so far (9.6 since beginning on MFP). On the eating out, I completely forgot that I have a Monday dinner thing with a friend so I will be updating that eating out goal to a maximum of 10 times this month. I haven't been working out as much as I'd like, various things came up or I wasn't feeling well, but I'm trying to make up for it when I do workout (2 hours workouts or double workout days if I can).

Updated list (hopefully I didn't miss anyone):

-CindyM29 -log in everyday, run at least 2 miles a day, lose 8 lbs this month, drink at least 8 cups of water a day, be able to do at least one pull up.
    Eleanoreb (Eleanore or El for short)- find time for cross training (yoga, spinning, athletic conditioning, swimming..) eat healthy ( use up calories with healthy and nutritious foods rather then cookies etc)
    -Kendib - Get my MOTIVATION back! Get ready to rock the 5k race in the beginning of April.
    -lalonmeg000 (meghan) tell my job I quit! (scary but exciting). Start insanity back, keep up with the water intake, start using my planner again. Buy new clothes for Cali because I deserve it and I will have lost ssooo much weight ;)
    -Twisted88 - Bring dinners on school nights, limit my eating out to a maximum of 10 times total, workout at least 6 days a week, and lose 2 inches off hips and waist
    -Ratchettconde - Complete the 30 Day Shred, lose 15 lbs and at least 10 inches, drink more water, motivate my friends to stay on track, and I want to find 10 new friends on MFP to motivate and get support from. Oh, and I need to weigh less than my mother ( shes lost 150 lbs..... 370-220ish) Love you Mom lol
    -shattoy (Stephanie) - Go to spin class at least once a week and workout one additional day at the gym (weights, etc.), drink more water (at least 4 servings) and loose 1-2lbs. I also want to log more (at least 5 days/week) on MFP as I have been infrequent as of late!
    -mebohan--Master Push-ups and be able to do at least one pull-up/chin-up. Train for half marathon in April by at least running 2 times a week. Workout 5 days a week minimum. drastically decrease carb intake. lose more than 4 lbs!
    -rintin88 (Erin)- Workout at least 4x a week, up my water intake, no fast food, walk at least 5,000 steps a day, and lose 6lbs by the end of the month
    -SweetMelissa222 - Start running again, hit a total loss of 35lbs. (7 more lbs to go)
    -JessYas- finish the LA marathon in under 5 hours (hopefully close to 4:30!), continue weight workouts 2x/week, graduate from "girl" push-ups to "real" push-ups! happy
    -VLaaber (Vicci)- Lose at least 5 pounds within the month, start learning to really how to run, go to bikram yoga at least once a week, go to the gym at least 4 times and day and work on my upper body strength.
    -Award30 - Pass my oral qualifying exam for grad school, still lose 2 lbs this month while studying for said exam, complete my first half marathon in less than 2:20
    -Meagalayne- Run and finish the ATB 30K race and ENJOY the victory; no weigh-ins until Mar 30th (when I will update my weight and all measurements and set goals for Spring/Summer weight training); finish my novel and start a new one; plan another trip in April and register for at least 2 races this spring
    -GuamGrly (Bethany) - get into the 130s’s (5 pound loss), continue 5K training, try one new recipe per week, continue to up water consumption, and read one book
    -Allie7383- PR in the NYC Half (3/18), keep logging, get to 145 or below, start and complete Ripped in 30.
    -Abby459 --- My main goal this month is to keep training and then complete my first 1/2 marathon on 3/25!!! Secretly I have a goal of 2:30 but at long as I finish I will be happy!! My only other goals this month are to keep up water and fruit/veggie intakes.
    GreenHumanClay (Cynthia) Continue my training plan for my first 1/2 March 17th, weight train 3xs, sleep more, gave up weighing myself for Lent (not religious purposes), so no weighing-in, eat out < 3 times per week (actual challenge for a project) focus on school, and really appreciate life!
    -apple2107 - Lose 5 lbs from now til end of the month. Stick to Jillian M's 6 weeks 6 packs at least 5 times per week (the other two with different activities), drink at least 8 cups of water everyday and start tracking AGAIN.
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Hey ladies! Well I am here for about 15 minutes with time to catch up.

Quick race report for those who haven't seen on my news feed: The race ran long today. According to the director it was due to a police mix-up and the actual course distance was about 5.53kms. They adjusted our race times accordingly, and although my chip time was 28:07 my adjusted time for 5k was 25:34. I am pretty pleased with that. I was aiming for under 27:00 so definitely happy - even though my chip time doesn't reflect a REAL PR.... Next time! :blushing:

I ran with Tyler and my Mom (we all ran separately but they also raced). Tyler finished about 15 seconds behind me and my mom ran it in just over 41 minutes. At 59 years old, I'm pretty proud of her achievements. At one time, she was a much more practiced runner and even ran a 5mile race when she was 54 years old. She's a fabulous inspiration to anyone who thinks they "can't". Through a lot of injury and set-backs, she has persevered. And she's just about the most adorable little runner ever! :happy: I was so overjoyed to see her run across the finish line today.

IMAG0270.jpg
    IMAG0269.jpg

twisted- great job with your awesome inches lost :bigsmile: that's really wicked progress for the month on weight lost too. 2.4lbs in 10 days? AWESOME! As for working out - you just have to make it fit, somehow. If you can't make it to the gym, find ways to incorporate exercise into your life. Take the stairs whenever you can. Walk instead of drive to meet friends for dinner. Etc. If you're not feeling well, then just call that day a wash and start new the next day. No need for double workout days. Just stick to a regular exercise schedule and you'll do great :happy: We can't always be on "schedule" and life does get in the way. Just do your best when you can and treat each day as a fresh opportunity to kick some *kitten*!

kendi- Very happy to hear that you are regaining your motivation, working hard, and very on track to hitting your goals for the month. Seems like you've got a great head start on the month of March. Keep up that attitude and you'll be kicking some major *kitten* this month :bigsmile: I, too, *love* the kraft website for ideas. I've stolen a few in my days. Love their fiesta soup, which I have altered to make my own healthier version. I will be making it again soon and when I do I'll post the recipe!

Allie - Thanks for the kind words - I am happy to hear that my insanity is motivating :laugh: And sooo pleased to hear about your 1/2 and all your running successes. I am feeling a bit nervous about race planning for shortly after my 30K. I'm not so sure it's a great idea to be pushing myself too hard and I know I'll need to recoup for a bit. But we shall see. Today's race was a lot of fun and I do love the race experience - it's such a fantastic drug! No sweat on the relationship front - it all needs to be hashed out eventually for me to be happy. Right now it's really crummy, but it will be worth it in the end.

Eeeep! Way too long on here and I have to get dinner going tonight. Hope you all have a fantastic Saturday! I am going to be over my cals today, since running 5K isn't quite the burn I'm accustomed to for a Saturday, but I am OK with that. Dinner for my mom's birthday tomorrow and so I am going to run long through the afternoon to make up for it. The weather is supposed to be GORGEOUS and I am so looking forward to running in the sunshine :bigsmile: Bring on the spring!

Happy weekends my loves! :heart:
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Ok I know that I am wayyyyy behind this month...but I am trying to catch up!!

Meag - Congrats on your 17 mile run!! Thats an amazing acheivement!! You will be ready for a full so soon now too!!! Sounds like you have a busy race schedule for the next 2 months already though!! And congrats on the 5K PR...I think thats an amazing time, whether or not its official!! And I love the pics!! You mom is awesome for still running a race!! Congrats to you both!!

Bethany - Sorry your weekend didnt turn out well last week, but you made it to the gym so that is a bonus. Glad to hear you are still doing your C25K plan!! And what was this new recipe that the kids loved so much?? I am always looking for crowd pleasers!! That sucks that you got sick again, it really throws a wrench in the workout plans! Sounds like you have a solid plan for the visit with mom.

Kendib - Wow you are soo close to that 30lb mark...thats amazing and must help you stay motivated!! Sorry you didnt have a great run though. Just do the best you can till your lungs can handle it again!

Cynthia - Sorry to hear about your bf's sister. I am glad she is doing OK though. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. I know it must be awful for you to have to see her like that. It is great that you are all going to be able to help her though.

Meg - Woohoo for getting back into Insanity and for the Cali count-down. Nothing like a trip to help keep you motivated. I hopw you get to enjoy your spring break!! I think you deserve a break from all of the stress!!

Eleanor - Glad to hear that they mentioned that in your group, I have been feeling that constant hunger since I started running more too!! And I know what you mean about not wanting to spend time cooking, esp after a loong run!!

Allie - You sound like you have quite the busy schedule this month. But getting to see you hip and getting paid for it sounds like fun!! Let us know what you find out!!

AFM - Well for starters, my vacation was amazing!! We had perfect beach weather the whole week!! I did pretty good with my food the whole time too....I was proud of myself for that. But I slacked some on the running. Only ran twice over vacation and nothing over 5miles. I just couldnt do it in the 100degree weather and with all of our plans. But I did also do a sunrise yoga on the beach one day and a hot yoga flow class, along with biking, swimming, ect I did manage to get some form of exercise every day, except the traveling days. I even lost 0.2lb over the week, which is good for me especially over a vacation. Unfortuantely, the day after I got back I came down with a bad case of bronchitis and have been pretty much bed ridden for the past several days. I had tried to run on Wednesday of this past week but only made it 4 miles before I felt like I couldnt breath anymore. Finally feeling a little better today though. Been resting, but I am going to attepmt to run again tomorrow. Kinda scared about my 1/2 though, since I didnt run much over vaca then got sick and havent run much....its only 2 weeks away now. But I made it up to 11.5 miles right before I went away, so hopefully that is enough. I will try another 8miler early in this week then taper down and hope for the best!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Meag Congrats on the run yesterday and thats awesome having your mom almost at 60 be able to run and have a great pace, very inspiring I hope to age gracefully and be able to run as well. Love the pic of you and Tyler, you're a little cutie yourself :wink: , awesome long run hope you enjoy your Indian dinner tonight!!

Abby glad to had your vacay was awesome hope to see some pics!! And doing yoga, swimming and even getting a couple runs here and there is great and you LOST .2 lb thats great even maintaining id call that a win! Hope you feel 100% tomorrow for your run and I think doing 11.5 miles is enough to prep you for a half I know some training plans only have you run 10 at the most and basically the last three is all heart so it think you can definitely do it! Don't psyche yourself out you've come a long way just make sure you get some good rest and fully recover! Thanks for the kind words my bf sister is doing better we went to pay her a visit again today and she looks great and not soo swollen anymore, more like herself. Missed ya on here I was away for a bit then you were on your vacation and it seemed like I had Abby withdrawals :)!!

twisted 88 congrats on your loss and eating out 10 times per month is very doable and a balanced amount for the month I think, thats about how many times I go out to eat per month as well!

Kendid I think you will do great on your race plus working out 5 out of the 7 days is awesome!! And a 27 lb loss is fantastic!! Keep it up! :smile:

Bethany Glad you're feeling better and your family mini trip sounds awesome I miss some good home cooking, having a few requests sounds good, you can still enjoy your moms cooking without having to be super selective on what you're eating.

We went to visit the bfs sister Heather she is doing much better and is looking more like herself which is relieving. Her stitches are looking nice and she will behaving the staples removed later this coming week.

AFM We headed the the Flea Market today and I enjoyed a deep fried corn dog, fries and a churro, after a 13.25 miler I had the calories for it and I deserved it without having to worry too much plus we walked a ton and I didn't even log that I figured it balanced out since the calories aren't 100% accurate! I had a great trail run but I didn't realize the time changed today so I was thrown off a bit I was under the impression that it changed on spring day... :ohwell:

Went grocery shopping and bought different veggies and fruit and prepped all my stuff for the week, finishing laundry and after this I have to finish up some homework thats due today online! Never ending story...
    Next Saturday is my half marathon Im hoping to finish it under 2:20 2:25 but really just want to finish it and enjoy it, it takes place on the same trail I run on so it's definitely familiar which is great! I have a recovery run planned tomorrow and some weight training after work, getting a group of co-workers and 1 friend together and running a mini circuit training bootcamp this will be my 3rd one I run just for fun and getting some practice in!! Well thats it for me ladies until tomorrow hope you all have a great night and a wonderful Monday!! Cynthia :bigsmile:
  • GuamGrly
    Options
    Happy last day of the weekend Lovelies!!

Allie – thank you for the advice to keep signing up for races!! I definitely need something to keep me going.

Kendi – congrats on finding the motivation!!! Hopefully some of that will rub off onto me!!

Twisted – sounds like you are still keeping everything in check so that you will hit your goals by the end of the month. Great job girly!!
    Meag – that is so crazy about the mix-up with the race distance! Glad that they fessed up to it and apologized. And your mom is too cute!! I wish my mom would get off her *kitten* and do something about her weight. It’s definitely harder for me to “urge” her since we are in different states. And I wish I was going to visit her and be down a few pounds but it is what it is. One day, I know that I will be able to visit her and shock her with my weight loss. And hopefully show her that if I can do it as a single mom to 2 kids then she really has no excuse to not make it happen. I hope you have an amazing week girly!!

Abby – so glad to hear that you had a great vacation!! And I am so very proud of you for working out everyday and managing to lose while on vacation. Most people (myself included) would throw in the towel while on vacation and just be over it. Sorry to hear about the bronchitis though. Hope you get to feeling better soon so that you can be rested and ready for your upcoming race! Oh and it was a shepherd’s pie recipe that I got on here.

Cynthia – glad to hear that Heather is getting back to herself. I’m sure she appreciates it also!! And sounds like your corn dog and churro were much needed and deserved. Do you find that your stomach doesn’t do well with those kind of foods anymore? I know that when I get spot-on with my eating and then need to swing through the drive-thru to make a chaotic night a little easier that my stomach just doesn’t handle that kind of food very well. Your bootcamp sounds like so much fun. I really want to check one out and I found one around here that has it for $5 per session but its on Sunday mornings which interferes with church. Hopefully I can get it to work out.

AFM…have yet to get back on track since getting sick. Did not make it to the gym last week for various reasons. However, I will be back at the gym tomorrow. I am hoping to knock out all 2 runs before I leave for Arizona on Wednesday night so that I won’t have to worry about squeezing it in. But I am still going to take my workout stuff in case I need to squeeze in a workout after all of my mom’s home-cooked meals. And a friend of mine from high school lives in the same town as my mom so I am hoping to catch up with her and maybe go out for St. Patrick’s Day!
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Sorry again for my lack of posting, been trying to finish up work and school before I take my vacation!

Bethany- hope you are feeling better from your bug, and have fun in Arizona with your mom!

Cynthia- good luck on you race, and I hear ya on the never ending to do list! Glad you got a lot done this weekend, and preping the weeks food ahead is always such a great idea!

Abby- thanks girlie, I can't wait for the trip, I need this break! So glad to hear your break was phenom! Sorry you have come down with bronchitis though, that can really knock you off track. Feel better soon!

meag- sounds like you had a blast at the race! Glad you, your mom and Ty could all go out and do something fun and active together!

twisted- great news on the loss! That is awesome, keep up the hard work and enjoy your dinner out :)

AFM: I don't even know what my last update was lol which obvi means I need to be on here more! I did really good working out this week, but my shoulder is bugging me a little from's saturday's workout. I stopped counting after 100 push-ups...In the midst of all of those, my hand slipped and I tensed up to catch myself from face planting, so today I took a little rest from Insanity.

I had another MRI today for the good 'ol brain! Hopefully this will be the last one too! Even though the other guy's insurance will be paying for all of this, I still don't like the idea that I have so much medical debt in my name, and unfortunatly the hospital doesn't deal with 3rd parties, so I cant send everything to his insurance, it has to go through mine, then I save all my recipts and give it to them...and whenever they feel like answering my calls....yeah.

All packed up for my mini-vacation back home with my parents. My mom and I are heading to Dallas later in the week for a bit of shopping and a cupcake from sprinkles!!!!!! (If you have never had a sprinkles cupcake, go get one now!) I packed my Insanity DVD's just because I know I will tire out my parents within a few hours, so I will still have something to do ;)

Hope everyones week is starting off well, and I will post more through this week. Yay for no work or school for 5 days!

-Meg
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Bethany Thats too bad only on Sundays, they have bootcamps here with many times to choose from but hardly any that offer classes for $5 bucks!! Hope you can get your run in tomorrow and Wednesday, good idea about taking gym clothes just in case that way you at least have the option of working out if you feel like it! Have fun on your trip!! :happy:

Meg That sounds like a pain in the *kitten*, hows everything with the MRI's?? glad you caught yourself before smashing your little face, I actually had a run yesterday and I stepped in a pot hole and my foot did this weird twist, you know the one where your foot moves all crazy lol, thankfully I caught myself and didn't fall all the way down but man was it embarrassing, but Im good though. BTW love the new pic you really have trimmed down, enjoy your time off well deserved and good job keeping up with Insanity, and good idea taking those dvd's with ya in case you get bored! :wink:

AFM I had a loooong day, went for a recovery run in the morning but it was still dark since the time change which for some reason has thrown me off even though it's only one hour, mainly because I didn't know there was a time change and when I left home yesterday before my run I thought it was earlier than what it really was and when I was done with my run I was freaking out like what the hell it's almost 11 I left around 7am. My sleep was thrown off too hate losing an hour feel jacked. Did some hard weight training also which was awesome. Made some more chili for tomorrows lunch and plan on doing some reading after this and hopefully pick up my bib either tomorrow or Wednesday for Saturdays race!! Excited but nervous Im sure I won't be able to sleep the night before anyways thats it for me until tomorrow Good night ya'll! Cynthia :bigsmile:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Morning ladies. I have a few minutes to post before work but definitely not as much time as I'd like to respond to you all. I just scanned through your updates and it looks like you are all doing great :bigsmile: As expected!

Abby - I am so happy to hear you had a great vacation. Sounds like you did an awesome job! 2 runs and mindful eating is a vacation WIN if I've ever heard one! the fact that you LOST weight on vacation is amazing. Definitely a testament to the fact that you have this one in the bag. This is a lifestyle change for you - not a quick fix! That must feel great :happy: And yea - not a chance am I running a Full any time soon :laugh: I can't even imagine having the time/energy/dedication for that kind of training schedule. Maybe if I quit my job and god some replacement hips :tongue: I think 30K will likely be my farthest race but who knows!

Bethany- Good job planning ahead. I always take my running gear with me just in case. You never know when an opportunity will arise :wink: If you ever need a "break" or just to get away, running is a great excuse and a fab way to get things off your chest and just breathe for a bit. As for my mom, she's been a lifelong dieter and was always on WW and up-and-down with her fitness and weightloss throughout my childhood and adolescence. She started running years before me and watching her succeed was a definite motivator. She's waned in her running lately but about 8 months ago she joined MFP and started logging her food. She's down to about 126lbs now which is a very good weight for her height and looks healthy but her food choices are still not great and I often nag her about not eating enough. I am sure she's tired of listening to me :laugh: She's got a lot of old WW baggage to carry around - fear of healthy fats, reliance on diet foods, lack of understanding about NET calorie intake, etc. It just takes time. I hope that your mom comes around :flowerforyou: But ultimately it's up to her. Just set the best example that you can and that may do the trick.

Meg - Glad to hear you are through with the medical stuff and that you have such a nice trip planned with your mom :bigsmile: Enjoy Dallas! I would love to go back to Texas for some sweet shopping (maybe not the cupcakes, though, but enjoy!) - I am sure you could use the time off! Be careful on your shoulders though and make sure your alignment is spot on with push-ups. Those suckers are tough and without the proper form you can really do a number on your joints. Great work this month so far - and happy to have you back! :flowerforyou:

Cynthia - Heyyyyy girl! I totally can't keep up with all your running awesomeness! :laugh: I'm awful! But I hear ya on feeling jacked due to the time change. Holy smokes do I feel BEHIND! What's your race this weekend (where, what size, what series)? I must have missed that post. Either way I am sure you're going to kill it. Your runs are always incredibly impressive and I know how hard you train! You can def run a half in under 2:20 - I know it! Both you and Abby are going to post incredible times.

This month is going to ROCK for impressive race stats and it's only going to get better throughout the spring and summer months :drinker: I am starting to think we should re-name the group :laugh: Kickin' *kitten* in our Bibs and Twenties - Runners Rejoice! :drinker: jk!

OK ladies gotta run. I've got a few miles (upto 6 but nothing firm yet) planned tonight and then a BBQ with my folks and Tyler to grill up some meats for the week and have a nice steak tonight. I've had zero time the past week to meal plan so having a real, home cooked meal will be a nice treat. Had a GREAT session with Carl last night, burned some epic cals and destroyed my legs (in the best possible way) after Sat's race and Sunday's 12.4mi trail run :noway: I am also making inroads with my new spinning buddy. Will be nice to have a local friend to socialize with this summer so I really hope that pans out. Fingers are crossed! We've got a hot yoga date planned for Friday already!

Not sure when I'll have time to get back here but I hope you all have an awesome week. Much love :heart:

Meag
  • kendib
    Options
    Wow. There are a lot of posts since I have been able to check in, have barely been able to log calories. So I hope I can catch up with everyone.

meag - congrats on your race! It is always fun to run with family/friends. I am running with my brother in the race in April and am excited. I probably won't be able to keep up with him though but as long as I finish and run the whole thing I'll count it as a success!

Cynthia - the time change has messed me up as well. I usually wake up early for work and am used to be already being daylight. Now it is still dark and I am finding it harder to get out of bed. Great job running in the morning. I usually barely make it to work on time much less workout.

meg - hope you have a good time visiting your family. I think it is a good idea to pack workout things to give you time a bit of time by yourself.

Bethany - have fun visiting family! I understand about the home-cooked meals. I tend to eat more when I am at my parents house than at mine. I think the food tastes better since I didn't have to cook it!

Abby - congrats on losing weight on vacation. It sounds like you had a lot of fun and adventures!

AFM - 24 days until my first race. Still pushing to get ready. I know I can make the whole 5k but am hoping to run the whole thing which I can almost do. I am visiting a running store this weekend to get some new shoes and see which ones they recommend. I have been having some mild foot pain on the longer runs and my shoes are starting to wear down.

Have gotten to run outside the last couple of days. The weather has been 80 almost 90 degrees and not very windy. We have had some rain so have big mud puddles along where I run. Yesterday the dog sent me straight through one and I had mud all over my shoes and splashed on my legs. Normally, he is a very good running partner but bicycles for some reason freak him out. 3 of them came up behind us right as we were about to jump over the mud, and he freaked, so we ended up going through it instead!

Hope you are all having a great week!

Kendi
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Bethany forgot to answer your question about certain foods not doing well with my tummy and the answer is hell yes the fried corn dogs and churro were not agreeing with me but I usually know that when I eat out or certain foods i don't normally eat I expect stomach discomfort or worse... tmi lol

Meag Thanks I really hope to finish in under 2:20. Im doing the St. Pattys 1/2 marathon my first official half, should be a smallish race about 1500 people this coming Saturday. I think I posted about it a couple months back when I first signed up, and actually tomorrow is my last tempo run for the whole training plan, geez that was hard to follow and thats only a 10-week training plan that I did, but I'm happy with it, I think I followed it about 90% or so might have skipped 4-5 runs total. It has been raining here a lot and suppose to rain on Saturday too so we'll see how that goes should be interesting since its very muddy in some areas and lots of incline, I actually stepped in a pot hole on Sundays run (detour) but thankfully I have no ankle problems it was just embarrassing especially because there was a hottie behind me damn it lol... Good job on your run today that was awesome pace, and hopefully you get to go on they "hot" yoga date jk, I could use some more running buddies or workout buddies once in a while they all usually flake. btw we should change the name lol.. jk you and Tyler doing better??

Kendid It's hard for me too sometimes I don't get up and end up running or weight training after work but then after work I regret not going in the morning because by then Im exhausted from my work day, either way were screwed less sleep or workout after work... lol Getting running shoes especially after being fitted made a huge difference for me so hopefully that will alleviate any minor foot problems you do have. My dog was scarred of running past bikes also but maybe try de-sensitizing him to it by bringing in one of your own bikes and having him sit next to it, then gradually having him put his paws on it then having him join you on a run with you on your bike thats what we did for our dog. lots of dog training and money spent on him but soo well worth it, we can walk/run him off leash and he listens and responds really well. Mainly due to my bf's consistency but give it a try, plus if you know he's afraid of the bikes you might anticipate him being afraid and that can trigger his behavior as well. fyi :)

AFM I had a good day, went to the gym after work since I was sore this morning and decided to sleep in well sort of mainly laid in bed on Facebook, emails and MFP lol, did some weight training and came home to wash my puppy he needed a bath, cooked some salmon and thats pretty much it going to bed soon have a long day tomorrow, going to attempt my tempo run (last one) tomorrow before work or at some point tomorrow and rest from weights since I have a weight training/bootcamp Im going to run Thursday, need to p/up my race packet tomorrow after work and see what goodies I get for my 1/2 this Saturday! Thats it for me ladies until tomorrow have a great night and a happy hump day!! Cynthia :bigsmile:
  • GuamGrly
    Options
    Hello there Lovelies!! Thought I would take a moment to check in before I head out on my trip tomorrow night…

Meghan – hope you have a great time with your parents!! I think I should probably pack a DVD or 2 as well. I am not sure I will be able to get my runs in but if I have my workout DVDs then I will have no excuse to not get some sort of burn in. And I am a HUGE fan of cupcakes but have yet to indulge in a Sprinkles cupcake which I believe to be a good thing because I am afraid that I will become an addict and I just can’t afford that kind of habit…haha!!

Cynthia – well I only heard about the $5 boot camp classes being held on Sundays but it is definitely possible that they offer them on other days. And I don’t know if I will get the opportunity before your race so I hope you have a wonderful race and are able to finish in the time you are hoping. Although I have no doubt you are going to rock it and have an amazing time doing so!!!! And a huge congrats for fitting into those jeans!!!

Meag – as lucky as you are to have your mom around, I am sure that she is very lucky to have you and your healthy living around too!! When my aunt went back to visit my parents over Thanksgiving and Christmas, she informed me that both my mom and my stepdad look like they have gained weight. I hope that I can somehow convince her to take her health seriously, not just for herself but so that she will be around for many years to watch her grandchildren grow up. I wish I could go back and set the example but I have yet to lose enough weight to be able to show them. However, that day will be here soon enough and I will be ecstatic to be able to share what worked for me with them. I see that Tyler has started showing up in your life again. I hope that it’s a positive change for you.

Kendi – sounds like you will definitely be ready for your race!! I know I have asked you this before but which day are you racing?? My race is April 22nd. I really need to get signed up for it so that I can use that as true motivation and something to work toward.

AFM…started out the day in a fantabulous mood and then a single phone call at lunch ruined that and sent my mood plummeting into a dark hole. Luckily, I had no desire to eat my troubles away and I hit the treadmill instead. Finally started W3 of C25K!! And I am so glad that’s how it worked out!! My run went well and I am looking forward to finishing up this week. I am mostly packed and ready to head out to Arizona and that includes my workout clothes but now I need to pack some Turbo Jam DVDs. I have also decided to pack myself some snacks and oatmeal so that I don’t completely off track while visiting mommy. Luckily, my mom wasn’t known for cooking too much so I am not going there craving a bunch of home-cooked meals. I will definitely be checking out the MFP recipe forums and getting some scrumptious recipes for when I make them dinner. And if I don’t get a chance to respond before I get back, I hope you Lovelies have a wonderful week!!
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Back on here tomorrow ladies have a great Thursday!!! :yawn:
  • kendib
    Options
    Good Morning ladies...

Cynthia - I had thought about de-sensitizing him to the bicycles. We are currently working on motorcycles cause that causes the most panic. I think the bicycles startled him cause he didn't know they were behind us until they were right up on us. He was focused on the people coming at us. We have been training, training, training but it is always a work in progress. I probably need to pack some treats to reinforce behavior while on a run. We don't have to leash him but do cause he tends to be social and wants to greet everyone and some people would not enjoy that. He is only a year old and for a lab we have another year before he calms down more. Our town also has a strong leash policy that if we were out walking and he wasn't leashed, I could be fined and even if another dog attacked I could be found liable cause he wasn't leashed. We really only leash on walks/runs.

Bethany - my race in April 7th, so getting close! I think packing snacks and workout DVDs is a smart move! Hope you have a fun, relaxing time on vacation and visiting family.

AFM - Still trying to run and get ready for the race. Our weather has turned from 70-80 degree nice weather to being 70-80 degree muggy, humid weather. :ohwell: I am not from here and so the humidity always kills me for the first couple days of the season.

Kendi