Replies

• KimH313
    KimH313 Posts: 162
    Options
    Bump
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Ive used CCK's cookie dough recipe. I thought it was just above mediocre for the average taste bud...for my tastebuds it was excellent.
  • laurenlind
    Options
    I have been meaning to try this since I saw it on CCK's site- great to hear that they worked well for you. I might try using agave, which she uses for the cookie dough dip that is "related" to the blondies:

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/05/23/want-to-eat-an-entire-bowl-of-cookie-dough/
  • a_fill
    a_fill Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    going to try this weekend
  • cs8166
    cs8166 Posts: 6
    Options
    hhhhmmmmm?
  • KFuerst27
    KFuerst27 Posts: 43
    Options
    I will need to try these. I liked her chocolate chip cookie dough dip and 3-ingredient chocolate bars. The bars are really, really good. Ingredients are coconut oil, agave and unsweetened cocoa powder.
  • GabF16
    GabF16 Posts: 2
    Options
    Sounds Amazing thanks!
  • lovestobaketoo
    lovestobaketoo Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    bump
  • staceywtucaz
    staceywtucaz Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kandy221
    kandy221 Posts: 79
    Options
    bump-thx
  • lovestobaketoo
    lovestobaketoo Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Here's a snapshot. I just finished eating 7 of the 9 of them.

I subbed the PB for: 4 Tbsp PB2 and 4 Tbsp Unsweetened Applesauce
    I subbed 12 Tbsp Granulated Splenda instead of all brown sugar. 4 /12 to make the full cup the recipe called for
    I reduced Chocolate Chips by half
    I added 1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Macros (9 squares in an 8x8 pan) came out too: 117 calories 5g protein 22g carbs 4g fat 4g fiber

photo-56.jpg

My thoughts: Yep, it tastes like sweetened garbanzo beans. They weren't bad but nothing to write home about. The recipe could use additional leavening (more baking powder and likely some egg white - which will also add some protein) and I feel it is versatile enough to withstand a scoop of protein - again upping the protein content. To compensate, I would add a small amount of liquid...anything will work, water, milk, almond milk, sweetened condensed milk - lol; to keep the ratio of wet to dry the same.
  • treeatlast
    Options
    thanks for sharing; that site is awesome! can"t wait to try some of those recipes!
  • commonly_unique
    Options
    Can't wait to try these...thanks!
  • ThinMint7
    ThinMint7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    bump for later! sounds awesome. i've heard that using chickpeas and other kind of light-tasting beans can be substituted in cookie recipes, but I haven't tried it yet!
  • jnbud2002
    jnbud2002 Posts: 216
    Options
    Oo! I have some and was wondering what to make with them besides hummus! Gonna try these after Lent!
  • misscarissak
    Options
    They look fantastic! Am going to give them a go! (and ... great idea re: altering them more to make breakfast bars - sounds like a winner!)

:drinker:
  • Pollux
    Pollux Posts: 42
    Options
    Thank you. These sound yummy!