Fat Burners, yay or nay?

loki3981
loki3981 Posts: 249 Member
I talked with a self-labeled weight loss guru yesterday who has had massive success in my community with helping people with loss and he sold me on a fat burner. Vpx liquid clenbutrx hardcore to be exact. I've always been against using additives like this, but I'm giving it a shot. He suggested 1ml every four hours, about 4ml total a day.

Has anyone had experience with this supplement? I would love to hear both sides if there are any.

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Muscle is the best fat burner there is.

I did a quick check of the "fat burner" you named. Sounds like a load of marketing garbage to me. From their website:

# Mind-Blowing Fat Loss!
    # Crisp Water-Free Muscle Separation!
    # Crystal Clear Mental Focus & Energy!
    # Dispensing Device Allows Precise Dosing!
    # Serum Based Works Fast / Hits Hard!
    # Body Blazing Thermogenesis!

Really? Mind blowing fat loss? Puh-leeze.

Ingredients:
    Highly Purified Water, Glycerin, Synthetic Gum, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Sodium Benzoate, Sucralean® Brand Sucralose, Sorbitol Fatty Acid Ester, Propylene Glycol, Natural Red Color, Calcium Disodium EDTA, Methyl Parahydroxybenzoate, Propyl Parahydroxybenzoate, Potassium Sorbate.

Translation: Water, artificial sweeteners and preservatives.

Save your money and start building muscle the old fashioned way. It will increase your metabolism and is guaranteed to be healthier.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    ^ this
  • DocMarr
    DocMarr Posts: 132 Member
    There were some people who reviewed it on here, if you wanted to get some additional comments.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120484691&page=1

One or two were positive but what stood out for me was this:

"Cons: The taste. It is absolutely the most vile tasting substance you will probably ever put in your mouth unless you eat hot garbage. I use the oral dropper to squirt it in the back of my throat, followed quickly by chugging cold water, followed quickly by brushing my teeth & mouthwash. Yeah, it's that bad."

I think that on its own might put me off LOL!

Like you, I usually avoid this sort of thing like the plague. As they say, "There ain't no 'miracle cures"
    :smile:
  • Antigone
    Antigone Posts: 70 Member
    I don't like them because I think, for me at least, weight loss needs to be about making realistic changes that will last me for the rest of my life. I don't ever plan on having to take a pill or suppliment to stay at a healthy weight so I don't want to use one to get there. I know so many people that have and then once they stop taking them, BAM! All that weight comes back.
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,490 Member
    Ephedrine...its the only thing thats ever curbed my appetitie...Along with Caffeine and Aspirin
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Ephedrine...its the only thing thats ever curbed my appetitie...Along with Caffeine and Aspirin

there's a very good reason why ephedrine is available by prescription only
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    I refuse to take any of those supposed 'miracle' pills or liquids. Who knows what the side effects will be (like your heart blowing up) and if you just eat healthy and move your @ss you can lose weight without that crap. I did.
  • samanthagreen3
    samanthagreen3 Posts: 39 Member
    Caffeine and aspirin curb appetite?
  • butterfly7772
    butterfly7772 Posts: 3 Member
    i went to a weight loss place..i was so expensive..I got the same supplements at the health food store for a fraction of the price and getting the same results instead of spending thousands...first and foremost a daily mulitvitamin is very important, omega 3-6-9 and vitamin b6, chromium piconate to help keep glucose stable, and healthy eating..5 to 6 times a day..
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Nay. anything labelled as a diet helper in any way is not worth the money.
  • Aspirin?!
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    While on deployments I have tried a variety of the fat burners...the only thing I ever found was they made me drink a lot more water. Mostly a waste of money and many were probably detrimental to my health. I have recently been checking out AcaiTrim, an all natural supplement that is supposed to be a metabolism booster/fat burner. I havent done enough research but what I have seen looks like it is basically a natural supplement that helps your body burn fat first vice muscle. Of course that will depend on your feed schedule as well.

But the miracle fat burners....dont waste your money! Nay
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Yes, fat burner all the way!!!!....as in get your *kitten* up and move it and you'll burn some fat :flowerforyou:
  • butterfly7772
    butterfly7772 Posts: 3 Member
    sometimes, not having all the vitamins we need can actually get us to keep the weight on despite our healthy eating habits. Not everyone likes to take supplements and the best way to find out what is right for you is to research the vitamin and other supplements out there in order to make a healthy choice
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    NAY!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    if shortcuts and fat burners etc...worked we would all be thin.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    The best fat burner is muscle. Your body and hard work is all you need. There is no quick fix, or magic pill or supplement...The people who benefit from those "quick fix fat loss" are the ones who sell them and end up with our money.
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229

there's a very good reason why ephedrine is available by prescription only

Dude your an idiot... $12.95 for 60 pills at Walgreen's.
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    yeh ur an idiot haha dont need a prescription!!

sold at every supplement store as nasal decongestant 8mg and 25mg pills.....

i would never buy an "gimmick" fat burner or thermogenic as the results would be miniscule n they cost waaaaaaay toooooo much!!!

ECA on the other hand... good stufff!!