sugar

Options
Does anyone else have a hard time keeping your sugar lvls down? I didn't realize how much sugar is in EVERYTHING until I started logging my food into MFP. I really don't even eat too many sweets. But once I log my yogurt/ coffee/ and maybe a kashi bar, I am well OVER my limit for the day. I normally have maybe 1 soda a day, well that really BLOWS my numbers. Is this a huge deal? Any advise would be GREATLY appreciated. I am trying to loose about 20 pounds. I'm 144 now and am loosing slowly, which is fine, I'm toning well. But I am curious about the sugar. Is that one reason why my weight loss is so slow?

Replies

• destinyisyours
    Options
    Does anyone else have a hard time keeping your sugar lvls down? I didn't realize how much sugar is in EVERYTHING until I started logging my food into MFP. I really don't even eat too many sweets. But once I log my yogurt/ coffee/ and maybe a kashi bar, I am well OVER my limit for the day. I normally have maybe 1 soda a day, well that really BLOWS my numbers. Is this a huge deal? Any advise would be GREATLY appreciated. I am trying to loose about 20 pounds. I'm 144 now and am loosing slowly, which is fine, I'm toning well. But I am curious about the sugar. Is that one reason why my weight loss is so slow?
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Everyday I go over my sugar levels but most of mine is just from fruit.

With your yogurts try finding ones with lower sugar in them or ones with splenda. I use source fat free and they are sweetended with splenda and have only 5g of sugar in them. Some I've seen have 12-15g of sugar in them.

Dont be scared of sugar as long as it is natural sugar that is in fruits.

Have you ever tried switching to diet pop?
  • destinyisyours
    Options
    Yes, I've tried diet soda's but I cannot stand the taste and aftertaste. Thankfully I've never been one to drink soda too often. I will try some yogurts with lower sugar and such. Glad to know I'm not the only one going over... But I will be checking everything for now on!
  • Sweettart
    Options
    What about trying water with the splash packs in it to give some flavor?
  • destinyisyours
    Options
    Great idea. I will try that! Thanks.
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    I didn't realize it was so low! 28g really!! Why is that? I had 26g with just my banana and apple today.
  • Sweettart
    Options
    My sugar intake is only 24g per day!!

Are you kidding me I'd go crazy without my fruit!
  • destinyisyours
    Options
    I thought the same thing! Mine is only 24g also!
  • Sweettart
    Options
    I just really pay attention to calories, carbs and fat
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Sugar is more than likely not the culprit for slow weight loss...MFP is only a guide remember that you should talk to a nutritionist about your daily intakes and what he/she may reccomend. The outline here may or may not be at the level that will work for you..Slow weight loss can be from a number of reasons maybe increase your workouts *intensity* and watch the carbs. Good luck...
  • destinyisyours
    Options
    Thanks myastyme! I do watch the carbs. I fall pretty well there. It's really only the sugar that looks pretty high most days. I have been eating very well for the past 4 weeks, I'm gonna try to increase my cal's though, some days I just don't eat enough, which I know isn't good.