Wash Your Hands!!!!

Options
sma83
sma83 Posts: 485 Member
Ok, seriously, what is with grown *kitten* people NOT washing their hands after: sneezing or coughing into them, blowing their nose, changing a baby diaper, or using the restroom!? Like, do they not EVER wash their hands, or do they just like to spread germs all over when they are in public!? It's so gross! Please people WASH YOUR HANDS!!!! Ok, rant over.

Replies

• Audddua
    Audddua Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    LOL I'm a fellow germ-a-phobe and I feel your pain!!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Germs make your body stronger.
  • sma83
    Options
    Germs make your body stronger.
    I can understand that with maybe like the common cold or something....but I do not in any way need or want someone elses **** germs! lol
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    germs don't necessarily make you 'stronger'

Back in the 1800s-1900s when they thought that dirt was a 'protective layer' and did surgery, most people died of infection FROM the unsanitary conditions.

Anywho, I used to work in a medical clinic, and the owner decided to 'be green' and quit buying paper towels for us to dry our hands with. Made us use a 'communal towel'. Well, someone didn't really 'wash' their hands after using the loo. I picked up a nasty case of bacterial gastroenteritis. 2 weeks of being unable to keep food in or down.

After that, I kept my own towel in my pocket, and while everybody else got sick and shared the same colds, I never got sick.

Germaphobes unite!
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I like when people sneeze directly into my mouth.
  • sma83
    Options
    lol That is so wrong on so many levels, but thanks for the laugh!
  • ladyfingers39
    Options

My children love to do that to me! Fun!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    My son is a germaphobe and I grossed him out the other day when I was telling him how, as a kid, I used to play in the mud, weeds, coal house, my uncle's barn, corn bin, pig pen and all kinds of other dirty places and hardly ever was sick as a kid. :bigsmile:
  • KJVBear33
    KJVBear33 Posts: 628
    Options
    Respectfully I understand and people should wash their hands.........and I too get grossed out........but honestly, the world is full of germs and there is no way around it. You ARE going to get and transmit germs whether or not you like it........its the way it is. So if you are a germ-a-phobe then carry around some anti bacterial stuff if you don't want any germs
  • sma83
    Options
    Respectfully I understand and people should wash their hands.........and I too get grossed out........but honestly, the world is full of germs and there is no way around it. You ARE going to get and transmit germs whether or not you like it........its the way it is. So if you are a germ-a-phobe then carry around some anti bacterial stuff if you don't want any germs
    Its not all germs. I get that germs can be good. But you will never convince me that someone elses **** germs are healthy for me!!! lol
  • KJVBear33
    Options
    Its not all germs. I get that germs can be good. But you will never convince me that someone elses **** germs are healthy for me!!! lol

Did I mis-speak? Did I say that they are healthy for you? Nope.......I sure didn't.........re-read what I said please.
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options

Did I mis-speak? Did I say that they are healthy for you? Nope.......I sure didn't.........re-read what I said please.
    i feel like she was saying that not all germs gross her out because she realizes that some are good for you.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Wow some people get really defensive over their own lack of personal hygiene...
  • KimLatte
    KimLatte Posts: 5
    Options
    It's not just about the germs....
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to bet a swab of your kitchen counter or, worse yet, the shelves in your refrigerator would produce far nastier petri dish samples than would those strangers 'germy' hands.
  • KJVBear33
    Options

i feel like she was saying that not all germs gross her out because she realizes that some are good for you.

If she meant that, how come she quoted what I said? I never really said anything of the sort.
  • KJVBear33
    Options
    Wow some people get really defensive over their own lack of personal hygiene...

Did I say I was defensive? No........did I act like I was? No..........I simply asked her to re-read because I think she got me messed up with someone else..........
  • dresser2000
    Options
    I'm not a germaphobe, but if I am in a public restroom washing my hands, and someone comes out of the stall and heads straight for the door, I ask them very loudly, "Aren't you going to wash your hands?" Most pretend they don't hear me and walk out, but I am betting they are very conscious of that experience every time thereafter.
  • ccadroz93
    ccadroz93 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I hear ya...its not so much a germ thing for me as it is a personal hygiene thing. I went to the bathroom at the mall one time and there was a lady leaving a stall with her kids.....she held them above the toilet while they peed all over the place then left it that way!!!! Come on, really??? I figured she probably had a phobia about public toilets and didn't want her kids touching it. Maybe she thought everybody does what she had just done! The mess she left for the poor attendant made me sick! Pretty rude.
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    Washing your hands is so over rated.... lets be real here. You cant avoid it, you are going to touch stuff, yourself, others, and random things. GERMS RULE..lol