Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I need you... but you disgust me!

Replies

• CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,508 Member
    I used to hate yogurt, but my kids liked it. When my youngest was 2 I was feeding him yogurt and without thinking I licked the spoon.....and I liked it. I can eat yogurt now, but only yoplait original. Greek yogurt makes me gag.

I hate olives. Period. When my husband and I were first dating he ate a handful of olives and then kissed me. I nearly threw up on him. I did gag something awful!
  • msjta
    msjta Posts: 51
    30-45 minutes
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    Greek Yogurt, I don't get what the hype is about, it taste like Toes and ass... so guess what.. I don't eat it.
  • KechiaG
    KechiaG Posts: 55
    I HATE yogurt!!! But I make myself eat it every day. There are times when I have to choke it down, but I get it done! :embarassed: Not a good look from a grown woman. Reminds me of when I was little and I had to sit at the dinner table until I finished my DIXIE CUP of milk! :ohwell:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member
    Mushrooms. They are a fungus. Athlete's Foot is a fungus. I am not going to eat a foot fungus' glorified cousin.
    This:
    tineaPedisAthletesFoot_6401_lg.jpg
    is NOT going in my mouth!

Ewwwwww! That is gross! I love mushrooms!
    It's the truth!

And yes, I totally posted the picture for the gross-out factor alone. Every time you eat a mushroom, you're eating that foot's cousin.
  • Yolanda_85
    Yolanda_85 Posts: 143 Member
    Mushrooms. They are a fungus. Athlete's Foot is a fungus. I am not going to eat a foot fungus' glorified cousin.
    This:

:sick: Oh my gosh...not the picture I wanted to see as I sit down to eat my supper! LOL! But I agree, fungus is nasty! The 'foot fungus' glorified cousin' made me snort! That's funny, I'm going to use that one next time someone asks me why I don't like mushrooms!
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    I don't eat things I don't like.

This!
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Any kind of salad. I HATE the taste of lettuce. Every few years I try to see if maybe I like it afterall or maybe can just learn to.... nope! Every time I start gagging instead.

^^^^THIS^^^^ Hate the green stuff.
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    This:

:sick: Oh my gosh...not the picture I wanted to see as I sit down to eat my supper! LOL! But I agree, fungus is nasty! The 'foot fungus' glorified cousin' made me snort! That's funny, I'm going to use that one next time someone asks me why I don't like mushrooms!

and I thought my bunions were ugly....
  • I love fish, yogurt and salad are okay ( no love no hate), The food that I can not stand and refuse to try again is zuccinni. My mom loved it and she would insist that not only I eat it, but that at some point I actually liked it...that is one we will have to disagree on, lol.

I used to dislike avocado as a child, but tried it again and now I love it...especially guacomole :P
  • Mushrooms. They are a fungus. Athlete's Foot is a fungus. I am not going to eat a foot fungus' glorified cousin.
    This:

.... I almost threw up in my mouth while eating my awesome oatmeal banana chocolate chip muffin. Moment has been ruined. #offical
  • PST0622
    PST0622 Posts: 115
    I don't like fish or celery.....but, I don't eat them either...so no problem!!!!!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    The only time I eat foods I don't like is when I am being a good example to my kids and getting them to try something new. I'll take a bite just like I am asking them to do. Some of it they like and some of it they don't.
  • russeljames
    russeljames Posts: 103 Member
    boiled kitten toes, man i just cnt get over the taste...horrible but good for you i guess...
  • Annette8479
    Annette8479 Posts: 82 Member
    yogurt makes me gag no matter how they try to dress it up!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Bananas. I've tried them several times throughout my life, because tastes do change. There are foods I used to hate that love now. But it's always the same. Hate the smell, taste and texture.

Oatmeal would be another, though I can eat oats other ways. That is 100% a texture issue.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    I dont eat nor like squash, or any slimy foods
    I have every so often tried foods I didnt like before or hated forever and suddenly found I liked them.
    Especially since I have made so many diet changes.. I now crave some things I didnt like before.. :wink:
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    This:

This person seriously needs to pee on his feet more often in the shower!!!
  • hollyberry2012
    hollyberry2012 Posts: 239 Member
    if you have tried fish fried and didn't like it...then you aren't going to like it any way it comes!!

even if you stuff it in a snickers!!!

What does fish have that you need? get it in a capsule lol
  • I am not normally a squeamish person - at all - but I almost threw up the tea I was drinking when I saw that athelete's foot picture...

I try not to eat things I don't like, as well. :) Sometimes I suck it up, but not often. Life's too short.