How much weight to lose to drop a pant/dress size?

Options
13»

Replies

• lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Started in a size 20 last year - lost about 15 pounds and was barely fitting into a size 16. Started MFP in Jan of this year, and have currently lost another 14 pounds, and now fitting into size 14 jeans! :)
  • MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have gone from 184 lbs to 154 lbs in weight and from a size 18 (UK) to a size 14 (UK). I can fit in some UK size 12 trousers but these are cheap trousers where I would suggest the sizing is probably iffy.

I am finding around 10lbs in weight loss equals a drop in jeans size.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 206 lbs
    Pants size: 46/30
    Current weight: 132 lbs
    Pants size: 30/30 - 32/30

So 73 lbs, 7 pants sizes. 10.43 lbs/size.
  • Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I've lost 13lb so far and am far from dropping a dress size. I think I might in another 10 or so lb, or even more... Everyone is different :)
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Down 14 and dropping shirt sizes by waist, but so far, not pants.
  • LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    For me, I seem to need to buy new clothes every 30 lbs lost. And when I buy the clothes it's usually two or three sizes smaller. I can't afford to buy new clothes with every size drop - wouldn't the clothing industry love me if I did?

And, I only buy necessities, nothing fancy. I'm saving that for the holidays. I should be able to buy something sweet by then!
  • Sabdavis
    Sabdavis Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've heard that the bigger you are the more there is between sizes. For example, if you went from 250-220, you may only drop one size, even though its 30 pounds. But when you get into the smaller ranges, then its typically 10 pounds. Like going from 150-140 should be around a size difference. So it takes more initially to drop sizes but once you start getting in those smaller ranges, then the sizes should change more quickly.

THIS!

When I started from my highest (235), it took me losing over 25 lbs before I found myself able to fit the next size down. Now at 169, I am seeing pants size drop after I lose around 12 lbs. This can be more or less depending on your body shape though, and where you tend to lose weight. I am pear shaped, and tend to lose in my upper body more than my lower body.

Agree with both these statements. I'm 5'2, started at 191 and a snug size 14. Now I'm 161 (30 lbs) and a loose size 10, in pants. I was always XL shirts and bought size M yesterday for some new workout T-shirts! I carry most weight in my stomach, though. My face, arms, back and hips have fat as well, don't get me wrong, but by far, I carry in my belly.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]9753027.png[/url]
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    It took me six weeks and 15lbs to loose one pant size. Im 5'10" and started at 194 size 14 (Pants only)
    I loose weight in my waist first and my butt last. Everything else comes off pretty evenly.

Thankfully my closets are fully stocked with clothes from a 6 to a 14. I won't need new clothes as I'm falling through the sizes :-) I suppose that's what happens when you go from a 6/8 to a 14 in 2.5 years.
  • anthrfosh11
    Options
    Started at 247 wearing size 24
    Now at 229 wearing a size 20
  • WMG2010
    WMG2010 Posts: 4
    Options
    I drop a pant size approx. after a 10 lb loss. But, this also depends on your body's shape and where you're loosing the weight. I've read that when you gain weight, it kinda packs on in this order...

Stomach
    Thighs
    Back side
    Arms
    Neck
    Face

Then when you loose, it's in reverse! I have to say, this is how it's been for me! I'm 5'7, and currently 224 and in a size 14/16 womens... and clothes are getting loose again. I started at 304 and haven't excersized a day yet... (need to start so I can tone!!!) I dowsize my pants appox after a 10 lbl loss, but again, I'm taller and my frame is well proportioned.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!