Looking for friends 100+ pounds to lose

Options
I have gone around and around with this weight loss thing. I have figured out things that work and don't work for me. I have now officially logged into MFP for 10 days in a row. I have lost five pounds. I am eating right and feeling better. I have over 200 pounds to lose. So definitely a long way to go.

I would love to find some friends and support, as well as offering both to others. I am trying to find some people with the same goals as I have (a large amount of weight to lose vs. a few pounds). Editing to add I welcome ANY new friends. I think I phrased that wrong LOL!

I'm a 35 year old single mom of three. I'm pretty blunt and vocal, love meeting new friends. I'm in college for Computer and Information Technology. I graduate with my two year in May and I want to be healthier when I walk across the stage.

I know I have a long way to go. I didn't get this way overnight. Maybe when I get my four year degree I can do it at my goal weight.

Please feel free to friend me on here, as well as on Facebook. I spend a bit more time over there but I do both. Thank you for reading this. :)

https://www.facebook.com/ceismomma

Replies

• esteelewis
    esteelewis Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site also. I think meeting up with likeminded people for motivation and support is a great idea!
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have 100 + to lose, feel free to add me. But dont sell the other's short here who are already fit or only have to lose a few, they are all awesome supporters.
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Well, I do not have 100 pounds to lose, when I started this weight loss journey I did. That was 2 years ago, and 75 pounds. I'm currently at 230, but would like to get down around 200. If your looking for motivation or support, I would be glad to help. Feel free to add me.

Oh and I know my tracker says 10 pounds to go till goal, well that is a short term goal, which I would say is good to have. Looking at a something like 200 pound goal may be daunting, so maybe set a short term goal , and then when you reach that, you set your next goal.
  • BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    hey! i am almost 30lbs down, but i have about 120lbs to go. :) add me. i have an open journal. im around 1000-1300 cals
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have 100+ to lose as well. Feel free to add me! I'm a great cheerleader as well. I have some great, supportive friends on here with positive things to say. No matter their size, or goals we are all in this journey together!
  • fishiewishes
    fishiewishes Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I just started on here again and have over 100 to lose, I'd love to have new friends on here :)

EDIT:
    I know it currently says I have 80 something to go but Im aiming to lose 80 and then push myself further :)
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I started with 200 lbs to lose... I have over 200 before I'm at "healthy" weight. So far, down 42 in total, 13 since I started at MFP. Anyone that wants, feel free to add me! I bust my butt and try to be a good example of hard work, while being a good friend that people can come to for candid advice :)
  • CeisMomma
    Options
    I have 100 + to lose, feel free to add me. But dont sell the other's short here who are already fit or only have to lose a few, they are all awesome supporters.

Sent a request. I definitely don't sell anyone short. I welcome anyone who wants to add me. I guess I phrased it wrong. :) I think sometimes it's easier for me to see people with similar "battles" ahead of them. Otherwise I let myself get overwhelmed and convinced that I can't do it. When I know I CAN and I WILL. :)
  • Holly1019
    Holly1019 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi, I also have more than 100+ pounds to lose. I am38,m and the mother of 1. Anyone can add me as a friend. I have only been on here 5 days, and eating much better. I would add you, but I do not know how yet. (still learning) Good luck to all of you!!
  • ronninator
    ronninator Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have 100 lbs to lose. I started on Jan 1 so I have 80 left, but it's that harder part of the 100. I welcome any friends that want join in. Strength in numbers!

As long as it's healthy and positive, I'm happy to cheer along with you!
  • TrishaAvina
    Options
    I'm right there with you!! 100+ too lose!! Add me if you would like
  • sle708
    sle708 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I joined MFP 2 weeks ago and I am down 10 lbs. It's going great and I love it. I have over 100 lbs to lose as well. Would love to have new friends on here and as some others have said the support would be great. Keep up the good work and trust in God to get you through the tough times as well. Feel free to friend me on here. :smile:
  • sjebert
    sjebert Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I've been at this for 2 months now, I am down 28, but still have about 116 to go, so I will be here for the long haul
  • RussetBrunnette
    RussetBrunnette Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have around 100 pounds to lose as well. Its a tough journey but nothing like having friends there along the way! You can add me :)
  • jomo1113
    jomo1113 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP almost 6 weeks ago, and I'm down 20lbs. Still have about 105 to hit my goal weight, so I'll be using this tool for a while.
  • bojamashell
    bojamashell Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have about 150lbs to lose. I have 3 children, work full time, and go to school, so I definitely know how it is to have a goal like this when you're busy. I hope to make new friends on here as well.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    You had me at "blunt and vocal." ;p

Hey, I'm McKay. 27. Been on MFP for just over a year. I've lost 73 lbs. so far with another 40ish to go. Was maintaining (half on purpose, half out of laziness) for the last 3 months. I moved across the country, got a new job and a boyfriend and my schedule/habits got all crazy. But now, as of this week, I am back in the swing of losing. And it is going REALLY well!

I'm about 5'2" and currently 162 lbs. Goal is about 120. :)

Add me!
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I have been losing for over 3 1/2 years and got off about 80 quickly and got my blood pressure and general health back on track and then slowed down some about 35 pounds a year for over 2 years and now looking to shed the ;last 50 pounds from jan 25th my 64th birthday and next January my 65th birthday I jokingly told my brother I wanted to be 65 at 65 or 165 pounds by my next birthday so I am losing about 1.5 pounds a week and would welcome anyone that wants to talk about weight loss or exercise
    Ken
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm new here as well, had 150 lbs to lose when I started. I haven't weighted myself for a month, but I know I am losing, which I really credit to this site! It's awesome to have a place to track things and the support here is great!
    feel free to add me :)