at home work-outs??

Options
2»

Replies

• AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I love Tae-Bo! You can find Tae-Bo DVDs on ebay for very cheap.
  • petercoologeorgen
    petercoologeorgen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I find that, over all, walking is the best whole body type exercise. I'm not sure your fitness level but if you walk at a particular distance (around the block let's say) at a brisk speed (2.5 mph or better) you'll benefit greatly. This will benefit your cardiovascular as well as weight loss.
    To tone your body there are several methods. You can try Yoga which, believe it or not, is great for strength and endurance and you can do it bare foot on a mat or some non-slip surface.
    You can also do the old fashioned calisthenics such as push-ups (modified if your new to it), sit-ups, trunk twisters, arm raises, leg lifts, etc.
    For fun, you can also try shadow dancing to your favorite music.
    Chkeck your local PBS station for an exercise program.
    Bottom line: anything requiring motion is better than sitting and reading about it!
    Good luck!!!!
  • breezysoul
    breezysoul Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Those who have digital cable should have an exercise on demand channel. Ours has Jillian Michaels, Bob Harper, Tae Bo, Yoga, Pilates, etc. and it's something your already paying for. I do this all the time so I don't get bored.
  • elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    AJCM......I agree, house cleaning is a great workout!!! I logged in 3hrs of hard house work one day...and couldn't believe how much cal's I burned :happy: Plus, it's a wonderful feeling to have a spottless home! :bigsmile:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    AJCM......I agree, house cleaning is a great workout!!! I logged in 3hrs of hard house work one day...and couldn't believe how much cal's I burned :happy: Plus, it's a wonderful feeling to have a spottless home! :bigsmile:

I'm with you! I love it - but I find I have to be sure to keep jumping around to keep up the heart rate!
    :flowerforyou:
  • elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    LMAO, oh I can only imagin what my husband and kids think when they see me jumping around...while cleaning the toliet!! :laugh: That's called multi-tasking!hehe :bigsmile:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Running & walking are great and after you buy shoes it's free! You get to be outside enjoying the sights & sounds.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    LMAO, oh I can only imagin what my husband and kids think when they see me jumping around...while cleaning the toliet!! :laugh: That's called multi-tasking!hehe :bigsmile:

Hahaha! I look like a COMPLETE wacko - especially with alternating other moves (lunging, swinging legs, free weights).... although my 2 & 4 year olds like to mimic me - which is really cute! Especially when the do little crunches and mimic the breathing!
    :laugh:
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    i like this one... all you need is a deck of cards...assign a exercise to each of the suits. example: diamonds: crunches, hearts: lunges, spades: push ups, clubs: jumping jacks....
    then you go through the deck of cards doing the number that you flip up... face cards being 10 aces being a minute break...
    its hard!