Sushi

Options
2»

Replies

• dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Personally I avoid eel like the plague, otherwise it's all good. Tuna is probably my personal favorite, but I'll try anything. Raw salmon I think is good. I once had a roll with smoked salmon, and only ate one bite. But those are my personal tastes.

Since you've never tried sushi or sashimi, get a sampler so you can try out a bunch of things. Don't smother it in soy sauce, you want to be able to taste the fish to see if you enjoy it. Easy on the wasabi too!
  • maliniwilkerson
    Options
    Spicy tuna rolls are safe for a first-timer... I love salmon and tuna. Don't forget to mix wasabi and soy and top it with ginger... Yummy... Good luck!
  • scoste
    scoste Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I recommend high grade tuna, salmon, yellow tail, eel. You should get sashimi....less calories without rice. Although spicy tuna rolls are delicious...they have mayonaisse in it.
  • eudemonia
    eudemonia Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm such a California person (even though I'm from NY hahaha)
  • 0EmmeNicole0
    0EmmeNicole0 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I love the yellowfin tuna. Usually I get a rainbow roll -- it has salmon, tuna, yellowfin, shrimp (cooked), and avocado.

Yes get a rainbow roll! Or for a beginner a california roll is playing it very safe. My favorite was shrimp tempura roll, but since i'm changing my lifestyle i've had to let that go :(