Not sure if this goes here, but...

Options
Nessc
Nessc Posts: 137 Member
Do any of you ladies know what type of sports bra I should buy that can be supportive when jogging/running? Unfortunately, I'm not one of these little on top women and I find it very hard to find a good sports bra. Thanks!

Replies

• Nessc
    Options
    Do any of you ladies know what type of sports bra I should buy that can be supportive when jogging/running? Unfortunately, I'm not one of these little on top women and I find it very hard to find a good sports bra. Thanks!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Love my Enell sports bra. I am large top and there is no bounce when wearing this bra. Check out Enell.com. Alas they are not cheap!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I haven't found one I love yet. I wear one of my regular bras and then put a sports bra over the top. That has given me the best results.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I don't know of a specific BRAND but I try to get one that is nice and snug..maybe even a size too small...it seems to hold everything in well!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I just bought 2 from Hanes. I liked them because they have the snaps in the back and come in cup sizes. I ordered them online 2/$24 and really like them. I get NO bounce at all when I jog. BIG accomplishment for me and also makes my workout go better since I am not constantly worrying about blackening my own eye:laugh: :bigsmile:
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i have the saaame problem.. i wish i could find a good cheap one.. no matter what i do they seem to fly everywhere! :laugh: .. i have tried the regular bra with sports bra on top and it did seem to hold better than just a sports bra.
  • Nessc
    Options
    Thanks everybody for the comments....I guess it's just going to have to be some trial and error when it comes to finding the perfect sports bra. I, too, don't want to black my eyes with things bouncing around in all directions :laugh: I guess I will check out the Hanes website and the Enell website and see what I can find. I knew I could get some suggestions from all you MFPers!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    How about those who have been pregnant..with growing breasts??

Mine are bigger AND sore sometimes. I am stumped as what to use!! :blushing:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I haven't found one I love yet. I wear one of my regular bras and then put a sports bra over the top. That has given me the best results.

UGh, the big breast problem :laugh:

I too have to wear a regular bra...tight and then a sports bra over it. I like the tank sports bras by champion that you can find at target. I don't find the nike and other like brands to be supportive.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    This is the one I got. Very comfy, especially since I wear my HRM transmitter at the same time.

http://www.hanes.com/Hanes/Products/Women-Hanes/Women_ShopByCategory-Hanes/Women_Bras-Hanes/Women_Bras_Sport-Hanes/G400.aspx
  • Nessc
    Options
    How about those who have been pregnant..with growing breasts??

Mine are bigger AND sore sometimes. I am stumped as what to use!! :blushing:

I've had two children and I'm not sure this will help or not. Have you tried using a nursing bra? Even though you're not nursing yet, they are pretty comfortable to wear and I would think that if they are good for nursing mothers, then they have to be "gentle" to those who are still pregnant...Hope this helps some...It's just a thought! :drinker: Oh, congrats on the little one!!
  • Nessc
    Options
    This is the one I got. Very comfy, especially since I wear my HRM transmitter at the same time.

http://www.hanes.com/Hanes/Products/Women-Hanes/Women_ShopByCategory-Hanes/Women_Bras-Hanes/Women_Bras_Sport-Hanes/G400.aspx

I went and looked at this one...My only concern is that it says it is for Medium impact activities such as walking, hiking, and cycling...Does it give good support for runners?
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    TMI..............
    Several months ago someone here recommended a Champion.
    I bought one & I love it when I'm wearing it.
    But getting it off when I'm sweaty is just a joke. :grumble:
    I'm reminded of people who torture their dogs by putting a sock over their heads. :huh:
    I nearly dislocate my shoulder!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Enell is the best for me, I swear by them, I was a 36 D and now a 34 C and still wear them! They come in sizes 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, on up. Mine are size 1 when I want real snug and a 2 for normal workouts! Check ebay they can have some good deals otherwise they cost around $50.00. Do NOT dry in the dryer because the spandex material will not hold up! Mine last for OVER a year and I work out just about everyday! I feel if you can pull one over your shoulders they are NOT going to be tight enough to do any good where you want it to! Good luck!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options

Hmm...I had no idea that Hanes made high impact bras. Thanks for the info. I went and purchsed the 2 different high impact bras since they were 2 for $24. Hopefully ONE of them does the trick because I am SO tired of wearing two bras to support these D's!!!! :laugh:

It's annoying since I'm wearing the HRM strap too. ugh!:grumble:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    TMI..............
    Several months ago someone here recommended a Champion.
    I bought one & I love it when I'm wearing it.
    But getting it off when I'm sweaty is just a joke. :grumble:
    I'm reminded of people who torture their dogs by putting a sock over their heads. :huh:
    I nearly dislocate my shoulder!

Eh...I'm wearing 2 champions right now. Not working so much but I totally know what you mean about them sticking. Try taking off two!!!!
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Lunaire Sport Bra, with Underwire. Style 11111 The best on the market!!! PM me for detail to private for public forum. They come in white, flesh, and black.
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Duct tape
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Duct tape

I see you like poking dead things with a stick! That's what your breasts will feel like if you take her advice and use Duct tape. your massive weight loss of 3 lbs to your goal impresses me the most molsongirl, how ever did you scale that high wall?:laugh: :laugh:

Seriously though. Lunaire Sport model 11111
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Duct tape

I see you like poking dead things with a stick! That's what your breasts will feel like if you take her advice and use Duct tape. your massive weight loss of 3 lbs to your goal impresses me the most molsongirl, how ever did you scale that high wall?:laugh: :laugh:

Seriously though. Lunaire Sport model 11111

Pretty sure she was kidding. My sister gave me a sports bra that has underwire. I can't for the life of me remember what brand it is tho and I'm far too lazy to get out of bed to find out.