Too much animal protein / dairy in my diet??

Options
2»

Replies

• reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I think it's wonderful to hear that a doctor actually made this suggestion. usually MDs will push a pill or offer a supplement and never consider diet or nutrition. what she suggested is factual: too much animal protein can rob your body of calcium and diminish your alkaline state. supplements aren't the answer because you will still not absorb enough of the mineral to offset your deficit. it's healthy to be skeptic but just as healthy to have an open mind to a new paradigm. I've been doing research on this topic for months and everything I've learned is supported in what your doctor told you. look up some of this stuff:

the documentary 'Forks Over Knives'
    the documentary 'Food Matters'
    Dr. Neal Barnard.
    Rockin' Wellness (raw foods)

if you send me your email address I'll be happy to send you more info...but yes, keep your mind and heart open to this kind of change. your Dr is steering you in the direction of optimum health!

Two problems with your answer:
    A- It was a nurse at a wellness screening, not a doctor... and
    B- The sources you are referencing as factual are very one sided, I suspect you opinion is not based on extensive research.
  • WhiteCoc0
    WhiteCoc0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of eating a flex-atrian diet. Where I eat less meat and daily products, I eat my daily requirement and thats it! I acquire protein through other sources than animal. Thats just me! Its cheaper groceries too.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I would not disregard what you have been told. Too much animal protein is not good. Try substituting with plant protein. I dont know how much you eating, but from what you ve told us. It does sound quiet a lot. My aunt who is a huge meat eater has problems with kidney stones. Apparently, meat is part of her problems. Or you can seek a 2nd opinion from your Dr. Good luck!
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of eating a flex-atrian diet. Where I eat less meat and daily products, I eat my daily requirement and thats it! I acquire protein through other sources than animal. Thats just me! Its cheaper groceries too.
    me too. Plants are cheaper. For me, meat is a treat. I eat it once in 2weeks. Sometimes once a month. And it will be a juicy chicken breast.