Options

Replies

• FionaNiConnor
    FionaNiConnor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Nevermind. I was being mean.
  • gleechick609
    Options
    I wouldn't want to be caught dead in a bikini let alone a one piece suit. :laugh:
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

Wow I really could have gone without seeing that. Good confidence but IMHO they should not make bikinis in her size.

They don't. That is made of curtain fabric.

How about we try to remember that there are people here that have similar bodies to the woman in the picture, and that they probably don't need to be reminded that you think they are socially unacceptable pig-dogs. You may not be physically attracted to someone, but you don't have to vocalize your DISGUST. You guys are straight up mean.

Truth.

I don't think I was being mean posting the pic, the OP asked what my opinion of being too big for a bikini was :happy: and that girl is too big to be wearing so little :huh:

I actually probably wasn't too far from that, and I would never wear a bikini then or now ...but to each his/ or her own :flowerforyou:
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    personally i would say that if your bmi says you are overweight, you should not wear one. or if you are above size 16. Thats just my opinion.

I'm a size 11 and "overweight". I have mom belly. I will be wearing one. Not the one in my comparison pics, one that fits better, but still. I'm going for me, not the public opinion.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I know my opinion isn't PC and I am leaving myself open to the wolves but today, I just don't care.

I don't "get" the whole bikini obsession. Flab and fat rolls just aren't attractive. Maybe that's technically my opinion but its dam near close to being a fact. Not everyone should wear a bikini (myself included).

Also I think when women get so hung up on the bikini thing, we've got to ask ourselves. Do I really have the time and drive necessary to achieve a "bikini body". It is a commitment. It is "lifestyle change" kicked up to another level to look good both clothed and *nearly* naked. And if the answer is no - that's ok!

There are TONS of cute bathing suit that leave a little more to the imagination.

One-pieces don't create the most flattering tan lines.

A one piece isn't the only alternative to a skimpy bikini. Educate yourself, please.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options

Friend request sent.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Above all, make sure your boobs and butt are covered.
    For boobs, you want really good support. Hop around in the dressing room.
    Twist and jump around. If they tend to leap out a little,
    believe me, they will end up leaping out a lot later.
    Bend over and look at your butt in the mirror, if it is sticking out than you need a
    bigger bottom piece. You might want to look at seperates if you tend to be smaller in
    one area.
    My cousin has a curvy body and she ended up getting a tankini. It was really cute.
    It is a tank top cut sort and than boy shorts. The same effect as a bikini, but gave
    her the coverage and support she needed. Happy Shopping!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    if you ask anyone in a country OTHER than the US, there is not a "too big" for a bikini

You are completely right. I went to the Dominican Republic about a year ago and there were some... um, very, very inappropriate bikinis there. There was one lady who was probably a US 16 or 18 and she was wearing a string bikini. She looked like a roast tied up in butcher's twine. It was horrible.

LMAO! Let's not forget the less than buff middle aged men in speedos ............
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Who cares woman! Wear whatever you feel comfortable in and ROCK IT !
  • JenniLisette
    Options
    too big for a bikini

290raew.jpg

DANG shes got a lot of confedence

Wow I really could have gone without seeing that. Good confidence but IMHO they should not make bikinis in her size.

I'm pretty sure the binkini isnt her size... :noway:
  • Melyssaks
    Melyssaks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    if you ask anyone in a country OTHER than the US, there is not a "too big" for a bikini
  • Melyssaks
    Options

hahahaha i love this. i remember one of my European friends telling me how her mother still wears thong bikinis to the beach (she must be in her 50s now).
  • FionaNiConnor
    Options

Friend request sent.

And accepted.
  • Melyssaks
    Options
    Ok... so the "PC" answer is: if you are comfortable in it, then you are good... however my honest answer is this:
    Take a good friend, an HONEST friend, with you shopping for one. Honestly many body types can pull off a bikini if it's the right one for their body. Get an "outside" opinion from that friend once you find one worth showing them. I have seen others in a bikini that was sooooo not meant for them, but then again, could see someone a bit bigger who totally rocked it - it's all on the make and how it contours you. Sometimes when you have that 2nd set of eyes there to confirm it, knowing they are honest eyes, it also helps your confidence before your public debut :) This is what I advised to another friend, a RL friend, and she thanked me, so hoping it helps

GREAT response! I'm not sure how many of my friends would be truly honest though lol. And I've learned I can never get a real response from my boyfriend
  • Evelyn_22
    Evelyn_22 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Personally if your comfortable in a bikini wear it. It really doesn't matter what other people think. If they don't like the way you look in it they can look away. I personally am not comfortable in one. I have a weird body shape and I just look funny in a bikini.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    remember where you were and how far you have come. People are often quick to critisize folks for wearing what they consider in appropriate attire,either for their age or body. But who knows...maybe those people have lost lots of weight and though bigger,are estatic at their progress. I know that my weight is too high...but there are people out there that wish they weighed what I weigh....enjoy your success and pooh on people who don't know your personl story..... I bet you would look great in a bikini...
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    So, can you be too old? Here is a link to a photo from today, 53... I LOVE wearing 2 pcs. LOL. Is this too nasty for public? I feel OK with it.

http://photos.myfitnesspalllc.netdna-cdn.com/images/photos/469/772/12469772_8720.jpg

Summerskier
  • FionaNiConnor
    Options

You are completely right. I went to the Dominican Republic about a year ago and there were some... um, very, very inappropriate bikinis there. There was one lady who was probably a US 16 or 18 and she was wearing a string bikini. She looked like a roast tied up in butcher's twine. It was horrible.

LMAO! Let's not forget the less than buff middle aged men in speedos ............

Oh, I could have done without that reminder. Especially now that I'm seeing in my mind's eye the one guy who kinda looked like a gorilla with a strip of caution tape strung over his buttcheeks.
  • FionaNiConnor
    Options
    So, can you be too old? Here is a link to a photo from today, 53... I LOVE wearing 2 pcs. LOL. Is this too nasty for public? I feel OK with it.

http://photos.myfitnesspalllc.netdna-cdn.com/images/photos/469/772/12469772_8720.jpg

Summerskier

You're not too old when you look that fantastic!!!
  • Ctripp86
    Ctripp86 Posts: 45
    Options
    7 Foot Tall is too tall for a bikini.

HAHA Perfect :happy: