Replies

• _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Board shorts...yes. Speedos...no.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Since we have the bikini thread, I think it only fair to have something similar for men. We're always so worried about what women are wearing, what about the guys? LOL

No size is right for a Speedo, they're wrong on anybody.
  • scubaruby
    scubaruby Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the exception here, because they don't bug me. I've been scuba diving for 30 years, and lots of guys wear speedos while diving so they don't have a swimsuit bunching up under their wetsuit. Few of them have the bodies of those three guys pictured above, unfortunately.
  • ksylvan
    ksylvan Posts: 13
    Options
    Wait... you're talking about like being too big.. as in overweight..??

Boooooooo.. I thought you were talking about the "other" big.

Ha ha ha ha! Nice reply. :-)
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Since we have the bikini thread, I think it only fair to have something similar for men. We're always so worried about what women are wearing, what about the guys? LOL

If he is too big for a speedo then send him my way! Oh..

wait...

you aren't talking about that 'big' are you...oh.

Carry on.
  • JaySpice
    Options
    too big?

6800612900_39f793b358.jpg
    fat_Speedos by blmarvin, on Flickr

Swing looowwwww.
  • woman1961
    woman1961 Posts: 23
    Options
    i hate speedos if i want to see that ill sleep with a man gross
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    For the love of all that is holy PLEASE, guys, NEVER WEAR A SPEEDO. Speedos are only appropriate for men competing in swim competitions and even those guys don't look that great in speedos.

Agreed 100%. In my swim program the men wear jammers but I would never wear them in public (at least during a triathlon I get to hide in a wetsuit! )
  • JaySpice
    Options
    If it's hanging out, it's too big.

tumblr_lkeezuoKxF1qgf9j8o1_250.gif

*prays it comes up*
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Same answer as for women and bikinis - no size is too big or small, if you feel comfortable in it, it's OK.
    As with women, adding a few more inches of fabric doesn't fool anyone into thinking you're thin if you're not.

Serious comment aside - I don't consider the James Bond swim trunks to be speedos... I think they are much cooler!
  • SandyChampWins
    SandyChampWins Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My 81 yo mother calls a speedo a "marble bag"!!!
  • jwalker30
    jwalker30 Posts: 282
    Options
    Honestly, I don't think women hate speedos as much as they state they do.

I started training for a triathlon about 3 months ago, prior to that I had never worn a speedo. (& no, boardshorts are worn at the beach)

My training partner is female, she purchased them. I don't think I've grossed anyone out, Yet.. haha
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    When your "fruit" is hanging out of the "loom" it is time to can the Speedo.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Please....no banana hammocks!
  • bigredhearts
    Options
    whatever shape you're in, unless you looking for people to point and laugh, i would avoid it.
  • bigredhearts
    Options
    i change my answer, though i know people who laugh at men in speedos, i think its kind of like an ad... at least the ladies (or gents) would know what they were getting! :wink:
  • shadowmn
    shadowmn Posts: 2
    Options
    I wear a speedo whenever possible. People can laugh, stare, shudder, etc... all they want, but it's about me being who I am. If anything, being a speedo wearer has taught me to be less judgmental of other people's tastes. I work hard to maintain a fit physique mainly because I want to look good in my speedo. I'm not cocky or arrogant by any means, but of course I want to look good.

Maybe instead of looking at some guy wearing a speedo and being grossed out, you should say...good for him for being himself.
  • carfanman
    carfanman Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    wear what you believe makes you look and feel good I say
  • at_night_bookstore
    at_night_bookstore Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i wear speedo shorts, does that count?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    About 18 months, in my opinion :laugh: