what is you go-to sweet treat?

Options
melisfit
melisfit Posts: 14 Member
I need some great options to curb my sweet tooth! I am afraid I am going to ruin all my hard work because I crave sweet things ALL the time! Ideas and recipes would be fab. Thanks:)

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    you could kick the habit totally. you will be amazed how the cravings will go away. then, after you kick it, you will also be amazed that the taste will zap you in an unpleasant way. the only way you will feel "deprived" is if you allow yourself to feel deprived.
  • fitobsessed
    Options
    Hostess chocolate cake with a creamy filling - 100 calorie packs.

6 packs, each with 3 mini cakes. The problem is.........

I can't eat JUST one pack a day! LMAO
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    Frozen banana pops that are dipped in chocolate. Yum!
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Strawberry Sorbet. YUM!!!

edited to add: It's part of my snacks during the day. Not every day but I buy a container every other week or so. Thankfully I don't have a sweet craving anymore :)
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt. Delicious and great for you as well :D
    Fruit also works wonders.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    40 calorie fudge pop ends my chocolate craving. It takes longer to eat then most treats and tastes really good.
    Cottage cheese with a little honey on it.
    Or rice kripsy treats, only 90 calories.
  • greenmm25
    greenmm25 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    i have the same issue but i have found that Berries are the best way to help. In season are the best but frozen in a smoothie with yorgurt and a banana work good too
  • chickenhawksgirl2
    Options
    Marshmallows - especially the Peeps that come out around Easter - four big marshmallows only 100 cals, and I think three peeps are also. And sometimes I moisten a big marshmallow and dip in unsweetened cocoa for my chocolate fix. I can't eat but so many of these things so keeps me from going over board.
  • maxmariesfo
    maxmariesfo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate.

I agree with Dave. Kick the habit. Begin cutting out the sugar and sweets. Especially if you are using artificial sweeteners. They are three times sweeter than regular sugar so they increase one's cravings three times as much.
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers Dark Chocolate and Raspberry ice cream bars - only 80 cals each.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I have a russell stover - fine dark chocolate piece after lunch almost every day & a skinny cow chocolate truffle after dinner
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    apple with peanutbutter
    banana rolled in unsweetened cocoa
    dark chocolate - 75%+ cocoa
  • hollin40
    hollin40 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    A banana with peanut butter, red grapes, or a Vitatop Deep Chocolate..yummmmyy...they have a lot of protein an fiber and 100 calories.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I like the Trader Joe's 100 calorie chocolate bars. Since I beat my sugar addiction I can't eat more than one and sometimes just half is enough.
  • HJCsDaddy
    HJCsDaddy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Five chewing gum, Rain flavor.
  • I eat mini sweet peppers and they keep my sweet tooth at bay. but it took a little time for me to curb my hankering for icing.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Cocoa / hot chocolate - most brands have 150 calories or less
  • grahamjkeene
    Options
    Sweets cause cravings for sweets. Even diet soda will kick your brain into high gear to want more sweets. Kick the habit whatever it takes. Start by removing raw sugar totally from your diet. It is just like trying to stop smoking. It will be hard at first but after awhile you will crave it less and less.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    One single piece of Dove Dark Chocolate. Done.

Edited to add. 42 calories.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers frozen desserts.