Can't "see" my success

I see the numbers on the scale go down. I've lost 29.8lbs so far. I am so in control of this losing thing, that I don't need to count calories anymore, so I only log in to record weight loss. For the meal I allow myself to "cheat" with, if I eat something very unhealthy I feel sick. It's almost 1/3 of what i need to lose and yet...

- My clothes all fit just fine still
- I can't tell that I've lost anything visibly
- My close family apparently can't tell (no comments)
- When I told a friend I hadn't seen face-to-face in 6 weeks how much I'd lost, I got an insincere response that made me feel like she thought I was lying

I would swear that my scale was rigged, except when I went to the doctor for a sinus infection, it was within 1.5lbs of my scale for that day. I'm getting discouraged; maybe the scale at the doctor's office was in cahoots with my scale. :(

Any stories you can share with a similar experience would be great.

Replies

• Emili03
    Emili03 Posts: 164 Member
    Hang in there, you may need to start addng exercise to start toning that makes a huge diff in how ur clothes fit, etc. I never cld see my own wght loss because I always saw my starting wgt me in my mind. You r doing the right thing and all the sudden one day, everyone will suddenly go WHOA! :wink:
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 959 Member
    Start logging again, and use it to pay attention to the details.... more protein, slightly lower carbs, monitor your sodium and sugar, make sure you're getting enough water... There's something in there that's holding you back and the only way to find it will be to keep track.

Hang in there!!
  • Jeankyy
    Jeankyy Posts: 32
    Keep losing, eventually you will se changes...