Replies

• knittermom07
    knittermom07 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Age 29
    Height 5'3''
    Starting weight 155
    Current weight 141
    Goal Weight ? Not real sure about this number.

I am running 3-4 times a week in training for my first 5k. It is on April 21. Love My fitness pal is has helped me loose so much weight. I am trying hard to keep it a healthy loss at about 1 pound per week. I try my best to eat back all my exercise calories however this is a new change for me, I had been working out and not eating back, but I try to now simply because I am doing so much more and I need it so much more now to fuel my body. I feel it the next day if I don't eat enough the night before.Love to find all the shorter gals like me!
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    I'm 5'3"

hw: 202
    cw: 182 (officially 20 pounds down!)
    ugw: between 115 and 130, depending on how I feel when I reach it.

I started off eating roughly 600-1000 calories a day, and then, when I joined MFP, upped my limit to 1200, although I generally take in between 900 and 1300 calories a day. I usually just eat until I don't feel like eaitng anymore, or until I've had all my meals. Both my girlfriend and I try our best to eat lots of vegetables and fruit. I generally start off the day with veggies for breakfast, and some DK bread.

Because I have a large frame, I've based my weight goal on approximately what would be healthy for that frame, although if I feel a need to go lower once I've hit my goal, I'll reevaluate then. Until then, I exercise (when it's not finals week!) about three times a week with some light to moderate cardio, and lift weights.
  • obrien821
    obrien821 Posts: 215
    Options
    Height: 5'3"
    Starting Weight: 117
    Current Weight: 110
    Goal Weight: 105
    Calories: 1200/day (I do eat most of my exercise calories back)
    Excercise: 6-7 days/week, currently doing weight training/cardio with ChaLean Extreme (have done P90X and lost 10 lbs with that, but gained a few back during the big holidays).

My main concern is losing inches instead of focusing so much on the lbs. Just really wanting to tone and shape my body.
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn Posts: 501 Member
    Options

HEIGHT: 5'3 1/2 (yes the 1/2 counts!)

Pre Prego W: 120-125
    LW: 116 (too skinny for me)
    Highest Prego W: 159 (day I went into labor)
    SW (5 mos. after Ava was born): 138
    GW: 125 (first goal)
    CW: 127.5 (almost there!!!!)
    UGW: 120-125

BF%: about 22-25% (according to my scale)
    BMI: 22.7 (normal range)

Bust: 36
    Waist: 26
    Hips: 36

I was on 1200/cal/day but upped it to 1500/cal/day about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

I play Roller Derby, have practice 3 nights a week for 3 hours each night. We are in season right now, so we also play two games a month.
    I recently did JM Ripped in 30, then started Extreme Shed & Shred (but that one bored me). Then I started JM Killer Buns & Thighs...been taking a break passed week and a half due to a derby injury to the knee...but still getting my skating in :)
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    5'2"
    HW: 175ish
    SW: 164
    CW: 125, 22%BF, size 2-4
    GW: IDGAF, whatever it is at 18%BF

Calories: anywhere from 1600-2200+ Obviously, I eat my exercise calories :tongue: I maintain NETTING 1950. I lose NETTING 1600-1750. Don't lose netting less than 1600. Bodies are funny like that.
    Exercise: Run 12-20 miles/week, NROLW 2-3x per week, lift heavy!
  • cindyluu17
    Options
    Ok I'm 5'1.5" lol.

Pre pregnancy weight:124
    Post preggo weight: 169 (on delivery day)
    LW: 112
    CW: 132
    GW: 117 (happy median)

I lost 20 pounds after delivery, 4 pounds on my own eating better, once I got the c-section approval joined weight watchers and started working out (luv working out) and lost 11 pounds. Then I hit a plateau so joined MFP to try something different and was still on plateau for 2 weeks. I finally just upped my calorie intake (because I work out too much I guess) and I've lost 2.5 in 5 days finally.

I run 3 miles every other day. Then I do a 65 minute aerobics/strength training other 3 days. I usually have a Lil extra workout later in the day but starting yesterday it's 30 day shred.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3"
    SW 224lbs
    CW 172lbs
    GW 130-140

I mainly walk for my exercise, but have been trying to turn that into running. Sometimes I do the elliptical and sometimes I do a Zumba video on the xbox. I plan to start lifting weights soon as well.

I eat around 1400-1600 and I eat back almost all of my exercise calories every single day.
  • Kerry1023
    Kerry1023 Posts: 152
    Options
    age-38

5'3"

Heaviest weight 216
    SW 216
    CW 210
    GW 135

Calories: My nutritionist recommened a 1500 calories a day diet. Don't eat back calories unless it's a very hard workout.
    Exercise: Currently getting back to a routine from back issues. walk/jogging 30-45 minutes 3x a week and exercise DVDs when I can't.
  • SenzEnina
    Options
  • MissWendyBird
    MissWendyBird Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and 22 years old, turning 23 in less than a month.

High school weight-125||130
    Heaviest weight- 152
    Current weight- 125 to 130
    Goal Weight- 120

During the end of my high school career, I started to gain weight and for three years, all I did was eat and lay around. It wasn't until I was in a bikini last year that I really got into dieting and exercise. Since June, I've lost at least twenty pounds and have gotten much more active. I do intervals of walking and running on the treadmill three times a week, then my job also requires me to walk at least four hours and to do heavy pushing. I'm on a 1260 calorie diet and I usually don't eat my exercise calories if I've worked that day.
  • imogenjade
    imogenjade Posts: 131
    Options
    age 23

5ft2.2

before pregnancy 147 pound

after giving birth 168 pound

current wieght 7 months after giving birth 115pound

goal wieght 105 pound

i do different fad diets, binge etc. at the moment im doing high protein diet

do alot of walking, at least an hour a day xx
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    5'3" here

SW: 205
    CW: 166
    GW: Nothing specific, just want to get fit and strong!

Rest days: 1500-1600calories
    Workout days: 1800+

When I lift heavy weights and eat more I see the most significant changes in my fat loss/inches lost. Don't be afraid to eat more ladies, just eat RIGHT! :flowerforyou:

ETA: Starting StrongLifts 5x5, 3 times a week and running/walking/cycling 3 times a week.
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    HEIGHT: All my life I've been 5'3, but at my last physical they measured me at 5'3 1/2
    SW: 239
    CW: 178
    GW: We'll see how I feel, but I expect somewhere between 130-140

CALORIES: I use a BodyMedia Arm Band, and my goal is to consistently have a calorie deficit of 1000 calories per day, so my intake changes daily according to my activity, or lack there of, whatever the case may be. In the last week, I've had a day as low as 1050 (all day meeting, no exercise, low calorie expenditure day), to 1810 (double Zumba class day).

EXERCISE: I started out doing 20 minutes on the eliptical 2 days a week, and have moved to doind Zumba 5-7 days a week. I am looking to start implementing strength training by incorporating Body Pump class(es).
  • nattief83
    nattief83 Posts: 35
    Options
    Hi, im 28 and 5ft 1.5 on a good day according to the docs lol

my heaviest weight was 184lbs
    my cw is 154lbs
    and Gw is 140 give or take

i have lost 2.5st (altho gained a couple of lbs again ) over the last yr and then stopped and maintained for a while but have decided to carry on and get to goal now,
    i have about 1400cals a day, i walk everywhere, - school run everyday is about a 30 min walk, then i walk to college everyday which is about an hrs ish walk (30 ish mins each way) if i go into town i will spend another 4 hrs just wondering round, and then its just runnin round after kids at weekends. i used to do alot more and go gym at least 3 times a week but since starting college full time in sept i cant go at all but i have recently just brough a new wii so have been playing on that with kids and also doing my own games on there in evenings when not studying
  • alicialiken
    alicialiken Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    24 years young. 5'3"

SW: 130
    CW: 128
    GW: 120
    UGW: 117

1600 daily cals.
    Workout 4-5 times per week.
    I run 2-5 miles + toning.
    I'm mostly trying to maintain, however, I'm going on a houseboat in May and want to look rockin' in a bikini! Haha.
  • MysteriousWays
    MysteriousWays Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    40 and I'm 5'3".

I've battled the bulge since puberty. My highest weight that I know of was when I went to have my daughter: 204

CW: 156
    GW: 135-140

I tried doing between 1200-1320 calories based on the 1lb a week via MFP. Nothing moved. So, I calculated RMR and TDEE to come up with 1750. I'm not consistent. Yesterday, I ate almost 1700 calories but burned 371 running. I am rarely over for the day. I am trying to fuel my body more to help with my 2 year plateau. I have started with a trainer and try to get in 2 days of strength training in to add to cardio or running. I do have the Insanity DVDs asd well....but it's been awhile since I've used them in favor of using weights.
  • Kslice39
    Kslice39 Posts: 146
    Options
    im 21(22 on march 20th)

SW: 190

CW: 185

UGW: 130-140( i really just wanna wear a size 6/8 pants again lol)

I dont eat my exercise calories because i havnt been hungry to lol. But i work out every other day and i do 45-60mins of cardio and i rotate working out my upper body and lower body. im just starting this new lifestyle and last week(my 1st week) i lost a little over 4 lbs. I drink 80-100 oz of water a day and i also drink green tea(sometimes plain black tea) 2-3x a day. So far i feel like i am doing everything right but maybe when i get to the 10-15lb mark in weight loss, i can work out more often,( i have a knee injury and i have to slowly increase my workouts so it doesnt flair up :] ).

I would LOVE to find my twin!! and anyone who wants to feel free to add me :) the more support we can provide for eachother the better!!!
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 160lbs and I'm somewhere a bit below there now. UGW - 107lbs. I try to stay between 1200-1300cal/day. I have a bunch of digestive and food allergy issues, so keeping my calorie count low, but not terribly low, helps keep things running correctly. I workout at least 2days a week and usually about 5. I'm starting my Tracy Anderson Method Metamorphosis again. I love it and it gave me great results last time, I just totally fell off the wagon :P Oh! and I'm 5'3" ..age 21
  • mercina22
    mercina22 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    HI Im 40 and 5'3"

Starting weight 260
    Current weight 215
    Goal weight 130
    Dream goal weight 120.

MFP tells me to eat 1200 cal a day i ususlly fall just below that. I've been loosing fairly steady with 6-8 lbs a month. I keep it simple as possible. No breads, Pasta or rice. I do eat beans as my carb. I dont do soda of any kid and try to eat clean. No processed foods. I find that eating "clean" i get to eat more and dont feel guilty about it. I also dont eat my exercise calories im ususally not hungry for them.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    5'2"

Highest Weight: 176
    Starting Weight: 169
    Current Weight: 166
    Goal Weight: 115
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 108

MFP suggested cals 1320, I rarely hit 1200 and I don't eat my exercise calories. I haven't been too hungry - it's hard for me to eat first thing in the am and usually an hr or 2 after I eat, I'm starving. Ha. I haven't gone to the store for snacks but, I'm hoping it will work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!