Replies

• smsinger75
    smsinger75 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I am 37, Height: 5'2"
    SW: 159
    CW: 141.5
    GW: 120-125

I work out 5 to 6 days a week. I do cardio 30-45 min of cardio each day. 10 mintues stretching. 20-30 minutes of strength training (push-ups, sit-ups, and weight training) 4-5 times a week. I have my calories set to 1500. But I am typically netting around 1000-1100. But I will eat more if i feel hungry, but 90% of the time I don't.
  • tiarah83
    tiarah83 Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm a 5'3 28 year old mom of a very active 7 year old.

SW: 150
    CW: 148.6
    GW: 122-128

MFP put me at 1220 calories and most days I take in between that and 1350. I have a hard time eating back ALL of my exercise calories so some days I do and some days I don't.

I do whatever I can fit into my day-Turbo Fire, zumba, kettlebells, spin and heavy lifting. When it's all said and done, I try to do 4-5 days cardio and 2-3 days lifting.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 5 '2 3/4" (I round up to 5'3" hehe)

SW: 144
    CW: 127
    GW: 120-125 range

Currently I'm doing the Couch 2 5K program, in week 4! Trying to become a runner, haha. Other things I do include the treadmill and eliptical, and sometimes a strength training class here and there! I occasionally pop in Jillian Michael's 30Day Shred!

My current calorie goal is set to lose 1/2 pound per week (I bumped it up from 1 pound per week a few weeks back) and I try to eat between 1300-1400 calories daily.
  • MissyTRobinson
    Options
    How long has it taken you to reach your weight loss?
  • malroyecans
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Mallory. Today is my 29th birthday so I decided I need to make a change and stick to it. I don't want to spend my 30s as fat and miserable as I spent my 20s and teens.

Height: 5'2.8 (let's just say 5'3)
    SW: 197
    GW: 150

I know my goal probably seems kind of high for someone this height but I have been 150 and I loved my body how it was. I was shorter at the time and was mostly muscle (thanks, marching band!) so I imagine 150 will be a little leaner on me at this height.

My main issue is that I can diet really well but not exercise, or exercise and eat like an idiot. I need for these things to go together. My husband weighed 258lbs when he moved to America (he's English) and as of yesterday weighed 198. He's also nearly 9 years younger than me, not to mention male, so I know it's normal for it to fall off of him faster but I feel really left behind and honestly a little butthurt about it. But I need to take control of this.

Sorry for the ramble :) I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    5'2". 41 years old.

SW (in November 2010): 130+
    GW: 120 (hit goal in May 2011)
    CW: 109.6 (when I started following Primal Blueprint I had another 7lbs come off me in 6 weeks. Since then it's been amazing even though I've had some ups and downs with sugar.) When I removed grains and legumes and milk from my diet my belly went away for the first time. And I backed off the exercise some (Primal Blueprint Fitness). I maintained my muscle mass. Turned out the carbs weren't so good for me.

I don't count calories. I keep my carbs at around 30g or less. I try to get around 90g of protein - this is about how much LBM I have. I try to get AT LEAST 100g of fat a day and most of that is saturated fat - I don't touch polyunsaturated fats like you find in corn, canola, safflower, veggies, soybean oils, etc. I get my fat throught animal meat, pastured butter, coconut oil and canned coconut milk, and occasional nuts and seeds. I do sporadic exercise but I'm reading a book called Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe. I will be lifting heavy barbells. I stay far away from anything processed (I'm about 80% though - I do "let go" every so often) or packaged. I prefer food, not edible foodlike substances or Frankenfoods.

I have to eat protein/fat like crazy just to maintain. That's why I'm getting into very heavy weight. Hoping to gain some more LBM.
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'2.5" I am 46 years old.

SW: 272
    CW: 259
    GW: 140

My cal goal is 1480, I usually eat most of my work out calories, although sometimes I don't. I do walking, aqua aerobics, swimming, bicycles and a few times I have done the weight machines. I was doing EAS Active Sports 2 on the WII, but my knees hurt so extremely bad I decided to hold off on that.My body is sore every day still but not excruciating pain like it was, mostly stiff achy and my knees popping every time I move.

I have not lost any weight for 3 weeks now, I do have PCOS so I know that is a major factor, I have started taking apple cider vinegar and cinnamon every day to help with the insulin resistance. The good news for me is I have not gained any weight back. If I don't start seeing loss again I am going to go back to the EAS Active Sports 2 and see if that helps.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Mallory. Today is my 29th birthday so I decided I need to make a change and stick to it. I don't want to spend my 30s as fat and miserable as I spent my 20s and teens.

Height: 5'2.8 (let's just say 5'3)
    SW: 197
    GW: 150

I know my goal probably seems kind of high for someone this height but I have been 150 and I loved my body how it was. I was shorter at the time and was mostly muscle (thanks, marching band!) so I imagine 150 will be a little leaner on me at this height.

My main issue is that I can diet really well but not exercise, or exercise and eat like an idiot. I need for these things to go together. My husband weighed 258lbs when he moved to America (he's English) and as of yesterday weighed 198. He's also nearly 9 years younger than me, not to mention male, so I know it's normal for it to fall off of him faster but I feel really left behind and honestly a little butthurt about it. But I need to take control of this.

Sorry for the ramble :) I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Men lose fat easier than women because the fat stores on women are important - we're the ones who produce offspring. Interesting that women tend to store fat genetically on their hips, buttocks, thighs and breasts - where the reproductive organs/glands are - protection. If you have a belly that's from the "healthy" high-carb diet that gets pushed on us Americans (and others).

Body composition is roughly 80% diet and the other 20% is a combo of genetics/exercise.

What do we do to work up an appetite? Get up and move around. Exercise makes you hungry. You expend energy and your body will want to consume energy. (Yet we are told to starve ourselves and suffer through hunger and do huge amounts of chronic cardio and suffer through pain to lose weight. It goes against the way the body works). Our fat storage is regulated by hormones - just like every other animal out there. You screw with one hormone and it affects them all (the hormones being screwed with are leptin and insulin).
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    5'3, 1300 calories, I don't eat my work out calories. goal 120-125?
  • ssstefanieee
    ssstefanieee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    5'2"ish

Highest weight:125lbs
    CW: 110lbs
    GW: 110ish, with 15% bf

I was eating 1200 + excersise calories when I was still trying to reach goal wieght. Now that I am at goal I have switched over to maintence calories which is about 1,620...still trying to figure out how maintence will work for me and what of my excersise calories I should eat back.

I workout 5-6 days a week a mix of cardio and weights.
  • HighHeelsHoney
    Options
    I'm 5'2".

My SW (in May 2011, 4 months Post Baby): 136 lbs
    CW: 122 lbs
    GW: 112-115 lbs

I was about 108-113lbs before I had my baby last year. I gained 50 lbs while pregnant and am still working hard to lose the weight. I'd like to lose about 10 more pounds, but would also be happy with a lower body fat %. My body has definitely changed since having the baby (whoa, where did those hips come from?!), I'm just looking to fit back into my old pants again someday!

I try to stay active, but it is certainly hard with a full time job, a 4 hour round trip commute, and a 1 year old to take care of. I walk every day and a few times a week I make it to the gym for about 30-60 minutes of cardio.

I try to stay at 1,200 calories a day, but I usually eat around 1,500. I eat what I want, in moderation.
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hi there :)

Height: 5'3"
    Heaviest Weight: 180
    SW: 165
    CW: 147
    UGW: 130

I do an hour of Cardio and half an hour of yoga five times a week. On average, I burn 300-700 calories a day. I eat 1200+ calories (yes I eat my exercise calories). I eat a Vegan diet, eat clean, lots of fruits and veggies, tons of soy protein. Drink TONS of water (at least 10 glasses a day). So far so good.
  • kdgolfer
    kdgolfer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    5'3.5"
    48 years old
    SW: 237
    CW: 227.6
    GW: 138

I changed to 1450 calories as I want to lose it slowly and keep it off (trying something different than my past attempts). My goal is to lose 5 lbs per month to reach goal when I turn 50 (18 months from now). I am now just walking with my 5 year old son while he is riding his bike. He has only been riding his 2 wheeler with training wheels for 2 weeks, he gets faster and faster every time. I want to add some additional exercise, I just bought EA Active for the WII.
  • bgc85
    bgc85 Posts: 68
    Options
    age-44
    5'2"
    Heaviest non-pregnancy weight 168
    SW 162
    CW 124
    GW 120
    UGW 115

I eat anywhere from 1500-1700 calories a day. When I exercise more I eat more. And yes, I eat my exercise calories. This is a lifestyle change. I will not starve myself nor deny myself anything I really want. Everything in moderation. I truly never thought I'd ever wear a size 2!!!

Such an inspiration! :) Thanks for sharing this. I might need to take a look at your diary to get some inspiration!
  • KEN1013
    KEN1013 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    age-29
    ht-5'3
    sw-235
    cw-207
    gw-130
    ugw-125

work out every morning,,,30mins before work m-f,,,,but just started insanity asylum,,and we will see how this goes {trying to see if it best do do in the am or pm),,for the next 30 day after this looking to turn to jillian micheals body rev or turbo,,looks fun,,because i really liked zumba,,
  • Melissa121787
    Options
    Height: 5'2" 1/2
    Starting weight: 155
    Current weight: 132
    Goal Weight: 120-125

Calories: 1200 per day+500 for breastfeeding.
    Exercise: 30 minutes of cardio (running) 4-5x per week. Just finished Jillian Michaels 30 day shred & am now moving on to ripped in 30!
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Rachael:5'3
    HW: 184
    SW on MFP: 160
    CW: 146.4
    GW1: 145 10/31/2011 (148.8 almost there..)
    GW2: 142 11/24/2011 (149.4 gained)
    GW3: 142 12/31/2011 (146 size small in workout pants, though hehe!!)
    GW4: 140 01/27/2012 Happy Birthday to me!! Ok, instead of gw..I am a size 7 even better!!! Yay!!
    UGW: 120

As of right now...the scale doesn't really upset me like it use to...as I'm in a size 6, small sizes and loving it ;-) I still don't believe my eyes when I do put the clothes on..I sooo want to put on my old sizes..and then they tend to fall off...haha, oh well..such a great feeling!

I do eat my exercise calories back and you can see my journal is not lacking anything..I'm such a foodie! ;-) My out take on this.."If I deny myself what I crave..I will want it even more..."

I workout when I can..schedule of a Coach's wife/Sports Mom... I switch it up, also as the body tends to fall into a plateau every now and then...still experimenting...

MFP set my cals at 1200..but with exercise cals..I get to eat anywhere from 1800 to 2400+ total..so of course you know, I'm going to work out..haha, I wanna eat.. :-)

I work out anywhere from 4-6 days a week..1-2x a a day...but I've been doing this for about 3 yrs now..and since have increased from 2-3 times a week to where I am now..

Check out my profile ;-)
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    hey i was wanted to see how your progress is and what ur goals are.... also how many calories you intake and if and how you work out :)

age 22
    5'2..not sure of my build. It seems like it's between petite and medium.

sw 158.6
    cw 149.2
    gw 130 ish for now, until I see how that looks on my body

**** Between 1390 and 1500 calories, I try to stay on the low side though. And I eat my exercise calories sometimes, but not every time.

Right now, I work out about twice a week. They are 1 hour sessions with a personal trainer. It's circuit strength training. I love it, but I need to start doing cardio on my off days.
  • cldwyer150
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and 41 years old - mother of 2

SW 178 (holy crap - biggest I've ever been)
    CW 159
    GW 135
    Ultimate GW 125

Started MFP 7 weeks ago and eat 1200 calories a day up to 1500 when exercising. I don't always eat my exercise calories back but I always make sure to eat the 1200. Getting all the calories in has been tough as I used to be a big meal skipper ~ that's what got me into this mess (that and letting a sports injury get in the way of my health and fitness) No more excuses for me and I am finally enjoying getting fit again!

I work out using Jillian Michaels Tone Your Trouble Zones & Biggest Loser Cardio Max Work Out DVD's 4 times a week on week days (alternating videos). I walk for 1.5 hours a day on weekend or do a video if the weather is terrible. I take Fridays off and enjoy a couple glasses of wine!
  • lindsayjdodd
    lindsayjdodd Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Ladies....please remember to eat up to your calorie goal. Staying under the goal is counterproductive!!! Here's a spreadsheet I used to calculate my calorie goal. http://interzone.kicks-*kitten*.net/Calculating_calories.xls My biggest regret was eating at 1200 calories...all did was stall my weight loss. When you eat, you fuel the body and it raises your metabolism!!

^^^This!!!

Height: 5' 2"
    Starting weight: 180
    Current weight: 159
    Goal weight: 140?? (Just want to have muscle definition.. don't care as much about my actual weight anymore)

I have my goal set at 1,650 cals a day, and I always eat back my exercise cals. I am currently doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, which is 30 min/day, 6 days a week (started week 2 yesterday). Ladies, we need to FUEL our bodies for this journey!! It is not a quick fix. It is a lifestyle change. That means stick with something you can do the rest of your life!

Blessings to you all on your journey!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!