Replies

• codycisco
    codycisco Posts: 62
    Options
    5'3
    SW: 255
    CW: 242
    GW: 160

I am using Weight Watchers Points Plus and watching my calorie intake on this site. I dont usually eat my exercise calories. I do Zumba two days a week and also exercise dvds in between. I was trying to stay around 1200 calories a day but it stalled out my weight loss. I am now losing again but not fast enough, any suggestions?
  • HALLEA
    HALLEA Posts: 1
    Options
    Height: 5'1.5
    SW: 173
    CW: 121
    Ultimate GW: 119

Calorie Intake: 1200

I religiously used MFP and have been so very successful in losing all my weight, all I wanted to do was be in my healthy BMI range. I've got 2 young children and never joined a gym or anything like that. Just been making healthy food choices and lots & lots of walking. I walk nearly every day for an average of 5 miles, I try to integrate it into my daily routine rather than thinking of it as 'exercise'
    I go over my calorie intake regularly but only by 50cals at the most, I try not to use my exercise cals.
  • shell3986
    shell3986 Posts: 98
    Options
    I am 26 and 5'3"

At my heaviest, I have been 160lbs. I am now 102. I workout 1-2 hours five days a week and my calorie limit is 1580.
  • kayish
    kayish Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    age 23
    5'2

SW- 375
    CW- 336
    GW- 135
    1450 calories a day. Sometimes I don't eat them all, and I usually don't eat much or any of my exercise calories back.
  • persilcolours
    persilcolours Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    5'2 and 1/2

SW: 145
    CW: 139
    GW: 125
    UGW: 115

Just began this. Trying to stay within 1200 calories a day and I eat back my exercise calories. Of course! I earned them!!!
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Age 44
    Height 5'2"

SW 161
    CW 150
    GW 120

MFP recommends 1200 calories a day but I eat that plus my exercise calories per day. I do light cardio every morning and walk 30-40 minutes sometimes twice a day 7 days a week at 3.0 and 4.0 mph. I eat all health natural and organic foods. I stay away from processed foods as much as possible. I started about 4 weeks ago! Good luck everyone :)

I'm 5'2" and you have the same goals as me in regards to weight loss.
    SW: 160
    CW: 150
    GW: 120
    Pretty cool! Keep up your great work! I'm 48.
  • scrappergirl333
    scrappergirl333 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello- Here are my stats:

Height: 5'2"
    SW: 159
    CW: 148
    GW: 130
    UCW: 125 (maybe) I have an 18 year old daughter who is 1 inch taller than me and she's about 118-120. I think she looks really thin so I am not sure I want to be that small at my age.

I currently aim for 1200-1350 calories each day. I work out with a personal trainer and she set up MFP for me so she determined my daily calorie needs. I dont eat back my exercise calories usually but sometimes I drink a protein shake with a scoop of ground oats after I work out. Here's my workout routine:

Monday: cardio (HIIT) & weightlifting with my trainer
    Tuesday: cardio 35-45minutes on elliptical; 10 minutes on Stairmaster.
    Wednesday: same as Monday
    Thursday: same as Tuesday
    Friday: rest day
    Saturday: cardio and weightlifting with son and hubby
    Sunday: Zumba

This week was Spring Break which meant a lot of meals out. It was very difficult to eat healthy especially when you are staying with others and in a different state and don't know where the healthy restaurants are located.
  • kweel78
    kweel78 Posts: 19
    Options

HW: 172
    CW: 142
    GW: 120

I eat 1400 - 1600 cals/day and try to burn at least 400 :-)
  • kweel78
    kweel78 Posts: 19
    Options
    I"m 5'3"
  • gigi169
    gigi169 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3
    Weight when I was 21: 140
    Married a few days before turning 23: I was 160
    Heaviest while last days of pregnancy 197.5
    A year after giving birth 175 (maintain myself for two years with this weight.
    Join the gym: Lost 5 lbs before joining myfitness pal.
    Current Weight: 135
    My goal: 125-130

Some days, I eat more and I don't even log in because of it, sometimes I eat exactly what I should, lately I eat less 1200-1300. I go to the gym a lot. I guess I should eat more of what I've been eating lately. :) Never had a posted a blog or read any but this was interesting! :smile:
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Height : 5'2 Very Curvy
    HW : 165
    CW : 150
    GW : 135

I eat 1310 to 1600 calories per day depending on exercise
    My workout is circuit training with resistance rods {Bowflex}
  • Keekie51
    Keekie51 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just 3 days into my plan. I'm a wimp with 1600 cal/day, 165 carb/day. Last Oct. tried on my own using 165 carbs. only and lost 8 lbs. in that month. Then with xmas season, I quit. I didn't know about MFP until now. So, my plan on 1600 is to lose 1.5 lbs. week, and I am very happy to do it that way, because I have 'starved' myself at 1200 cals, and would feel aweful. Not ever going down that road again. I know I can do it with MFP and all you people. Wish I could have found site sooner! The best thing on this site is knowing if I am reaching or over goal on nutrients like protein, calcium, fibre etc. etc. And love the exercise built in cal adjustment! :)
  • laura657
    laura657 Posts: 21
    Options
    Height: 5'3
    SW: 132
    CW: 127
    GW: 113-115

Small frame, 1200 cals a day - usually eat all my exercise cals!

I feel like short girls have some unique issues when it comes to weightloss. I would love to get support from people dealing with the same problems. Feel free to add me! :)
  • oharabear
    oharabear Posts: 13
    Options
    Height: 5'2" (With shoes on)
    SW: 160
    CW: 144
    GW: 120-125 ish

I generally do 1200 cal a day. When I plateau I up it to 1400-1600 for a few days, then change my workout routine. I rarely eat my exercise calories back unless I exercised specifically so I CAN eat them back (like if I have plans to go out to dinner, I will work out extra hard that day so I don't have to worry about it at dinner!) I don't do cheat days, but I will do one or two cheat "meals" a week. These help keep me from falling off the wagon entirely. :-)

My workout is loosely based on the Body For Life program, and my cardio days are C25K. i think they coincide nicely. On days when I have to work (I work 12-hour shifts) I will just do a Jillian Michael's DVD for 20 minutes, since that's all I really have time for. Her workouts are really well-rounded, so even if I miss a "lower body" day or a "Cardio" day, I still at least get a little of it in...
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    24 years old
    5'2"
    SW: 145
    CW: 123
    GW: 107

Medium frame

Never been pregnant...

After exercise calls are factored in I eat around 1200 - some days more some less, depending on how hungry I am.
  • bikiniwantabe
    bikiniwantabe Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    What is "30ds"?
  • oliveoil87
    oliveoil87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    [I think the thirty day shred dvd by Jillian Micheal

Correct me if I'm wrong ladies.

quote]
    What is "30ds"?
    [/quote]
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred
  • bikiniwantabe
    bikiniwantabe Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Ladies
  • lfrench12
    lfrench12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you want to try something that isn't boring or tedious you should check out Crossfit . The workouts vary from day to day and you usually don't know what it is until the class starts. I have been going since 9/11 and have lost about 37 pounds and lots of inches. The workouts can all be scaled individually to meet your fitness abilities. My Crossfit gym is great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!