Love Question

Options

Replies

• RH_Brazell
    RH_Brazell Posts: 339
    Options
    I have a hypothetical question for everyone here:

Let's say your future flashes before your eyes. Everything you see is 100% true.
    You find out that if you are currently single, you will NEVER find romantic love.
    If you are currently in a romantic relationship, that person will fall out of love with you and you will never find love again...

What would drive you in life, and would this change how you live it?

Also, what are the pros and cons to this situation?

Ticket to Thailand to find a different girl every night who would 'love me long time' ;).

ahahahahahaha:laugh:
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    If you cant find true love at least have lots of booty calls !
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options

Let's say your future flashes before your eyes. Everything you see is 100% true.
    You find out that if you are currently single, you will NEVER find romantic love.
    If you are currently in a romantic relationship, that person will fall out of love with you and you will never find love again...

I don't quite understand the questions, because really, they assume that romantic love IS the drive in life, and if it is not present there should be no drive, because without romantic love, life is apparently not worth living. Which I would hope would NEVER be the case for anyone, because that means that an entire life is defined in terms of another person and their subjective desires. How empty of an existence would that be, to only be driven by the desires of others?

I have never lived my life with the drive that I need to be defined by romantic love. I have lived my life driven by the desire to improve myself, my knowledge, and the world around me. I am defined by MY actions, not by a relationship status with another person. So in that case, nothing I am doing would change, because not having romantic love in my life is not the defining aspect of my existence, and I can't find any cons to it.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Nah, when my usefullness as a provider is completed, that's it for me. Nothing else for me to do. plus, I like drinking.

frazdogg, ha ha!

Make sure you pay yourself first...............so you can do your drinking somewhere warm when that day comes.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't change how I'm living. Love hasn't been on my radar in a while now. I've also been fortunate enough to experience the "soul mate" type love thing for a few years. So it kind of leaves me thinking like "I've done that, wonder what else I can do now."
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    This question goes against my belief system. No matter what, at any given time, we have the power to make our lives whatever we want them to be.

I guess I'm just not good at hypotheticals.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I'd probably be pretty depressed for the rest of my life if that were to happen. I wouldn't know what would drive me, I'd feel pretty lost and alone. I don't really have that many friends IRL as it is.
  • Swanson83
    Swanson83 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'd probably save up as much money as I could and join a Missionary group and travel the world. If I couldn't find that one true love then I'd want to at least make myself happy, making others happy. If I could go around the world and build houses, furniture, show people how to grow gardens, clean their water, whatever it would be it would be worth it.

If I wouldn't have had kids so early I probably would have done this...so maybe when the kids get out of college I'll go help save the world.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    i'd simply continue to hoor it up...

maybe incorporate more boobs.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I would assume that I was hallucinating, and swear never to lick another toad.
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    No...sorry. I would refuse to believe it.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I've tried marriage once before and it's not all it's cracked up to be. It's defiantly an institution that favours the woman's needs over the man's.

Whatever words come out of a guy's mouth girls remember he IS still a man and he WAS looking at her *kitten* :).

I don't want to get in a fight here, but I'm curious what you mean.
  • bellevie23
    bellevie23 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Im sure he probably means if the conversation went
    'I saw you checking that girl out'
    'no I wasnt'
    'yes you were I saw you'
    'no, she had a price tag still left on her jeans' *and for hypothetical sake, we will say she really did*
    'whatever, you were checking her *kitten* out, such a pig'

So even though he was looking at her *kitten* technically, it wasn't to 'check her out', but that doesn't matter, never believe him LOL.

LOL typical a girl places all men in one category and they can not innocently be doing anything, even if they try and explain it, they are still wrong. always. lol
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I've tried marriage once before and it's not all it's cracked up to be. It's defiantly an institution that favours the woman's needs over the man's.

Whatever words come out of a guy's mouth girls remember he IS still a man and he WAS looking at her *kitten* :).

I don't want to get in a fight here, but I'm curious what you mean.

I do want to get in a fight. Your one marriage is not representative of them all. Don't define marriage for everyone, cause your definition sucks.
  • msapril177
    msapril177 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm 100% okay with being alone. This I know.
  • AR73
    AR73 Posts: 107
    Options
    I will probably take up missionary work in a third world country.
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    Of course it's 100% true... it's just one of many truths. Don't think about what's coming with the future.. just make sure you are happy... the future changes depending on how we live.

Ever the optimist.

Pros - living your life to the fullest regardless and being happy with you
    Cons - living your life in misery because you think there's no point
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    I'm already there. I dunno. You go forward in this stupid life doing the best you can knowing that the only reason you are alive is to provide for your children and when they no longer need you, you'll just slither away into a dark bar everyday dying a slow death of misery.

OMGoodness!!!!! your answer is so similar to my friend's thought process! He's good at dry sarcasm/humor. :laugh: I don't like the answer but I see the reality and humor!

me? I'd pray... God answers pray. maybe not the way you'd have done it, but they way HE knows is best for you. :smile:
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options

Ticket to Thailand to find a different girl every night who would 'love me long time' ;).

Uh- I think you should watch "Hangover 2"....that's why they call it Bangkok!!!!:laugh:
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I hate love. Its a phantasm to me.