my one year mark - 64lbs down with photos

Options
124»

Replies

• kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    one tip i would give is not too take it so seriously. enjoy everyday. if you mess up one day it's not the end of it. i never cut anything out of my diet i just cut out how much of it i would eat. you don't want to deprive yourself so that when you do finally get it you go crazy.
    This is exactly what I've done and I think it's a sensible, sustainable, no-nonsense approach that works for folks who've maybe struggled with restrictive diet plans in the past. I know I did and always fell off the wagon, landed with a bump and put all the lost weight back on with at least another 15lbs extra.

You look amazing now! :happy:
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great!
  • ciel9
    ciel9 Posts: 15
    Options
    wow what a transformation! you look so good now & i agree with your approach..
    thanks for the inspiration!
  • lapointemarie
    Options
    Congratulations! You seem to have a good head on those shoulders. Its great to hear from someone who is not fanatical and who is enjoying this journey to good health.
  • MaddyHooton
    Options
    WOW! WELL DONE!:smile:
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    You've done an awesome job, inspirational!!!
  • time2runnn
    time2runnn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You have done amazing! Congrats!
  • yodapooper
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Look at you!!! Amazing.... You've done it and you must feel so good about yourself. Congratulations on sticking to your journey because it sure paid off! :drinker:
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    look at you getting it done. well done, lady! XO
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Aww gorgeous :-) Well done :flowerforyou: , thanks for sharing :smile: You are an inspiration, you have done so well to lose that much in a year
  • oouurr__aayylleeyycan
    Options
    Fantastic results!! Well done xx
  • Superwoman79
    Superwoman79 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • jamercede
    jamercede Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!!! Well done you! That's pretty much my goal weight too, only 9 more lbs to go!

you can do it!!
  • jamercede
    jamercede Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results! What was your fitness plan? What was your usual calorie range? What was the hardest obstacle for you?

I didn't really make a fitness plan. I walk/ride my bike to work everyday. When I have days off I do an extra workout at home. I like to vary it up. so sometimes I would go out and run (there is a staircase not far from my house that I would use in my loop). Or I'd do a workout dvd at home. On Demand has some great workouts and so does hulu plus. my only problem is there is commercials. so i tried to keep myself moving during those. I also included some yoga in there for strength training. It also stretches out all your sore muscles. :)

My usual calorie range varied as well. Days that I would work hard, I would enjoy more and be around 1800. Days that I didn't do much or anything I tried to stay around 1300/1400.

My hardest obstacle was hitting my goal weight. It was 166. I haven't been under that as long as I could remember. I didn't know where to go from there. But I kept doing what I was doing and more came off. But now I feel I am at a plateau and can only build muscles. This is a hard point too because I am happy with the way I look and feel like I could eat anything. But maintaining is just as important as loosing.
  • chaoticrose
    Options
    Awesome job!!! You look fantastic!
  • extremewinner
    extremewinner Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    :) awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!