20 Pounds in 2 Months!

Options

Replies

• kgchisholm
    kgchisholm Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    what did you do as far as work outs? thats absolutely amazing and inspiring! congrats to you!

Thank you! Somewhere earlier in this post I outlined my typical workouts! I usually go to the gym 5 or 6 days a week, and I take A TON OF CLASSES. I find that if I have others around me working hard, I push myself harder (kind of like MFP)! Also, I never worry about form because the instructors can help correct your issues.

I try to mix it up: Zumba, yoga, spin, weights, body pump etc! Not interested in being bored :)
  • Mandi1345
    Mandi1345 Posts: 18
    Options
    I am where your starting weight was right now, and do need to lose 20 pounds by almost the end of April, but as a single mom to 2 teenage boys there is no time to hit the gym for me. any tips or suggestions?
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    you look great!!!!!!! awesome job...
  • kgchisholm
    Options
    I am where your starting weight was right now, and do need to lose 20 pounds by almost the end of April, but as a single mom to 2 teenage boys there is no time to hit the gym for me. any tips or suggestions?

I think its more about diet than anything, really. The one thing I really have going for me is that I am a newlywed with no kids, so that is a major time restriction I don't have to deal with! I admire moms SO MUCH for how hard it must be to do it all!

I have tried a few workout videos I really liked - particularly the Biggest Loser Cardio Max. My heart rate monitor showed nearly 300 calories burned in like 40 minutes. Maybe you could fit something like that in?
  • beyersar40
    beyersar40 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Congrats :)
  • heyheytara
    Options
    congradulations! look great!
    yes we can do it!
    keep up the good work and dont forget to share your final pic with us :D good luck!
  • Sana1116
    Sana1116 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    woow great loss! congrats on ur big 2-0! I am also at your starting weight....and have been on 1200 cals as well....but I get really lightheaded and just have no energy through out the day. did you even experince that and if so, what did you do to cope with it. so you can at least have energy to work out 5-6 days aweek.
  • mihija3006
    mihija3006 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!!!! How did you do it?
  • caitwied
    caitwied Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • kgchisholm
    Options
    woow great loss! congrats on ur big 2-0! I am also at your starting weight....and have been on 1200 cals as well....but I get really lightheaded and just have no energy through out the day. did you even experince that and if so, what did you do to cope with it. so you can at least have energy to work out 5-6 days aweek.

Honestly, no, I've adjusted to low cal really well. I'm quite short, which may have something to do with it? Some days I find I struggle to eat 1200 cals because I am eating so much food volume wise. I eat biiiiiig salads with protein and low cal dressing, or a big pile of sauteed mushrooms with my protein at dinner, things like that. Maybe try eating MORE, but BETTER? That's kind of how I've adapted. I eat more and more often than before, just better.

If you're still feeling that way, though, I'd up the calories. No two bodies are alike and you need to be nice to yours!
  • kgchisholm
    Options
    That is fantastic!!!! How did you do it?

1200-1350 cal/day, workouts 5 or 6 days a week. See page 2 of comments where I outlined my gym routine :)
  • Sana1116
    Sana1116 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. ur too sweet! and yes definitly , I am trying to be nice to mine...lol I just need it to be nice back! lool.
    again congrats on ur great loss....and keep up the good work. :-)
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You look great! Thank you for sharing.
  • twicethespice
    Options
    You look great! Awesome job.
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    YOU are an inspiration!
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    This is one of the most amazing transformations I have seen! Thanks for the inspiration!!!
  • caitlinsmom07
    caitlinsmom07 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! You look AHHHmazing!
  • bhollady
    bhollady Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • Reni421
    Reni421 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Love it! You just inspired me to write my first post and thank you for posting 'during' pics. We have similar stats, so to see how great you look just partway in in very encouraging! :smile:
  • Kidsrn23
    Kidsrn23 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You look great. Good job. You are truely an inspiration to me, as I am the same height and have the same goals.Thanks for posting.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!