10 months & 154 lbs gone

Options

Replies

• fortunerose
    Options
    Thank you for posting the breakdown of your workout :)
  • Queen2day
    Queen2day Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Your accomplishment leave me TOTALLY SPEECHLESS !!! TRULY AWESOME JOB !!!! You have so much to be proud of yourself for !!! WTG !!!!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Good Lord - WOW! Fantastic job! Congrats!
  • Phant4sy
    Phant4sy Posts: 83
    Options
    I am smiling from ear to ear for you!!! That is so friggn awesome!
  • michellebd1980
    Options
    You look great!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Awesome job my friend!
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh-freakin-mazing!!!! I love seeing things like this!!! Great job my fellow MFP'eeper!!!
  • AnaVerasGettingFit
    AnaVerasGettingFit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Bump for inspiration!
  • iamnoangel
    Options
    Fantastic, you look fabulous! Congratulations, you are inspiring!
  • mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    you look so fabulous!!!!!
  • Cassie5493
    Cassie5493 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!
  • bskupien
    bskupien Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Holy moley! What a change! You look great-good for you!
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look great!
  • babephant
    babephant Posts: 11
    Options
    That's such a BIG weight loss in a relatively short amount of time!! Way to go!! Share your secret??
  • ajt917
    ajt917 Posts: 54
    Options
    Amazing!!! what an inspiration, congrats!!!
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Amazing transformation! Incredible work! Congratulations!!
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Truly commendable! A hundred and fifty four reasons to be very proud! One word of advice/caution... I went through something similar ( lost 100 lbs in 10 months exercising 1 hour/day with a trainer, 6 times/week with a very restrictive diet). However, after 3 years of keeping this up, I had to give up my training and gained back the 45 lbs just as fast as I had lost it. I truly believe that a slow weight loss with an exercise program that you know you will be able to stick to over time is the best way to go. GOOD FOR YOU! KEEP IT UP!
    I find this comment interesting.
    If I understand you correctly, you lost 100 pounds in 10 months, stayed at that weight for 3 years and then "I had to give up my training and gained back the 45 lbs just as fast as I had lost it."

What 45 pounds are you referring to?

After you stopped training, you calorie demands decreased (assuming all other things were equal). Did you lower your calorie intake when you stopped training?

If you "gained back the 45 lbs just as fast as I had lost it." and you "lost 100 lbs in 10 months", that means you lost and then gained weight at the rate of 100/(10*30)= 0.33 pounds per day. I can imagine that losing weight at the rate of 2 pounds a week was a very pleasant feeling and, as humans we tend to continue to do things that give us pleasure. When you were gaining weight (9s pound a month) were you aware that you were gaining weight? If you were, what did you do to change your dietary habits?

"I truly believe that a slow weight loss with an exercise program that you know you will be able to stick to over time is the best way to go."
    Why do you believe that?

Also, what's the "grace period" for a low calorie diet. Three years is a long time. If you gained back your weight after, say, 4 years, would you still feel that the low calorie diet was a factor in your weight gain. What if it were 5 years or perhaps a decade?

One of the reasons that this is of interest is that, like you and the OP, I lost weight on a low calorie diet (95 pounds in 7 months and then I dropped another 7 pounds in 14 days back in Jan 2011) but I didn't hit any of the maladies that I was told I would hit on an LCD. It seems that folks attribute strange powers to a low calorie diet but everything I know about gaining weight tells me that I gained weight because I ate too much food and didn't exercise enough.

What I don't get is, how is it that you gained weight back (unless you just ate too much food)?
  • LisaH1231
    LisaH1231 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!! Congratulations!
  • hoileh10
    hoileh10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow good for you!! Best of luck sticking with this.
  • dellgriffin
    Options
    Incredible job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!