Any Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred users?

Options
Tomorrow is day 1 for me. Generally I run/ use weights, but I wanted something I could do at home (since I have kids).

Like? Don't like?

Replies

• hlandry6
    hlandry6 Posts: 230
    Options
    Love it! It had changed my life =) Didn't have very much weight loss, but inches and toning AMAZING!
  • tanklissa
    tanklissa Posts: 70
    Options
    So it really works? Glad to hear it! :-)
  • Fergie21
    Fergie21 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I use this dvd once or twice a week, should really do it for the 30days straight though. I may give it a try :) goodluck
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for just under 2 weeks, i just began level 2 today. It is the perfect thing for busy moms. I didn't take measurements before (dumb) so i dont know exactly what's going on there but i have seen improvments in my arms, mid section and ENDURANCE most of all. Its kind of tough to start out but its only 20 minutes so it goes by quick.
    Good luck! :)
  • terrellc1
    terrellc1 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am only on day 5, but I can already tell that my muffin top is getting smaller! Though, I am more of an Anita (Ms. Modified) than a Natalie (Ms. Advanced). :laugh:
  • keanacallon
    keanacallon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    love it. The first 30 days I got great results. My 4 year old son even likes doing some of it and really enjoys exercising. Its one of those workouts I can commit to do everyday even when my 5 month old is in his jumperoo. This workout along with mfp .have given me tone and inches lost. Good luck! Don't forget to take before and after pics!
  • maryellen8301
    maryellen8301 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I started day 1 today.. OMG i couldnt walk afterward.. a good type of not being able to walk.. its tough.. (at least day 1) totally worth it
  • missbethea
    missbethea Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm two days into Level 2, and I love it!

I'm noticing a difference in my waist and stomach. I can't wait to finish it!
  • Mkserpa
    Mkserpa Posts: 136
    Options
    Today was day 4 for me (I'm going to do 3 days on, 1 day off, 3 days on, 1 day off, etc) It's intense. I can tell my body LOVES it already. I couldn't walk after the first day. But I feel more firm head to toe. Using muscles I haven't really been able to work on. It also helped boost my weight loss. I'm down 2lbs already and .5inches off my waist. Only day 4 :P
  • eatherhey
    eatherhey Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday, and did it again today. I'm not ready for the really real thing and have to modify most of the moves (not ready for jumping jacks, or the roll up crunches), but I'm taking little steps to meet the challenge of it. :D

As far as modifying it goes: If I don't ease into it, I'm going to end up hurting myself and just losing all motivation. It's a good jump off point either way.
  • Mkserpa
    Mkserpa Posts: 136
    Options
    I am only on day 5, but I can already tell that my muffin top is getting smaller! Though, I am more of an Anita (Ms. Modified) than a Natalie (Ms. Advanced). :laugh:

Same here! I can do the 'advanced' with the legs but not the abs or arms!
  • LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I just got most of the way through day 1 LV1. Couldn't finish those last 5 minutes though. Not because it was too hard or anything, but because MY children got a case of completely insane!!! I wish you the best of luck with it. What I got to finish was lots of fun & pretty challenging. Hope you love it!!!
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I did two rounds of the 30 Day Shred. Loved it! You will see a difference in your endurance on Day 5. I did not lose any weight but I did lose inches. Plus, I felt so much better! Posture improved, enduranced improved, and felt more toned. Plus, doing this DVD sets the stage for trying Jillian's other DVDS (such as Ripped In 30) as they do borrow moves from 30 Day Shred. I wish you great success!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I finished it about a week and a half ago. Had great results. Getting ready to do round 2 starting Monday!
  • fortunerose
    Options
    Today was day 1 for me. I am definitely Ms. Modified ! It was a struggle physically to complete the entire workout !
    My 4 month old cried during the last 5mins.:( His infant swing needed new batteries.
    But, we both made it to the end of the workout. I am looking forward to becoming stronger .
    Back at it tomorrow with a fresh set of batteries !!!
  • tanklissa
    tanklissa Posts: 70
    Options
    Looks like there is a great support group here! Thanks for all of the feedback, ladies!
  • SilentRenegade
    SilentRenegade Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I purchased it on Tuesday and tried it and failed initially (super tired I guess?). Then I tried again Wednesday and made it through. I was so sore I could barely function. I just finished my third full run today and it's definitely getting better. She is tough, but the fact that it's only 20 minutes gives the busier person time to do a good workout. Trust me, you feel like you get use of the full 20 minutes. I'm still very sore, but the more I do it, the less sore I get :)

EDIT*: I also made my boyfriend do it with me today. He flipped the TV off a few times and he's in better shape than me. He said it was intense and that he "hates that lady." She's good, though... he's just mad she worked him so hard.
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    I just finished Day 1 of level 1 about 10 min ago. I had no problems with it what so ever. I found it rather easy but I do a lot of lifting and stuff like that already.
  • motherbetty
    motherbetty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I did Day i Level 1 today. Loved it!
  • jraep
    jraep Posts: 1
    Options
    Do you all record your calories for 30 Day Shred here on My Fitness Pal?

If so, how do you categorize it?

My husband and I have been doing it, but I don't know how I should record my calories.

Thanks in advance!!!