Help!!! My son's first birthday!

Options
JoJo_fat2fab
JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
Ok, I know this has nothing to do with weight loss... BUT..

My son is turning one year old, I have the party hall, the food, the music, the clown, everything planned out. What is my problem then? I do not know what my theme is going to be.. Please help.

And do NOT say sponge bob... grrr
Thanks

Replies

• RyLaneB
    RyLaneB Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sesame Street and The Very Hungry Caterpillar were popular in our house around that age! :flowerforyou:
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    dr. seuss?
  • MUByM
    MUByM Posts: 208
    Options
    I agree with Sesame Street!
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    Options
    A lot of people I know have done Sesame street, I'm so sick of it.. and Dr. Seuss could be a possibility
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    We did Super Mario for my son's 1st birthday, and choo-choo train for his 2nd birthday. My daughter's 2nd birthday was jungle theme. Other themes: monkey, sock monkey, cars, Dr. Seuss, Yo Gabba Gabba, Thomas the train, and Cars.
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    try to pick something that he likes,,,an animal that he likes, a show that he likes, a certain bug that he likes...if he likes race cars or anything like that..
    my baby girl had 1st bday was nemo, and her second their wasnt really a theme we just had a party and had fun!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    what about a color? like a certain color plates, napkins, balloons, etc. At that age he probably doesn't have a favorite character of some kind.
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Cowboys/Wild West. :smile:
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    Options
    My husband wants Lil Rebel and I want all star is turning 1
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Sense he is a boy I would say the Cars, Dr Seuss, Disney, at this age my kids liked tigger and winnie the pooh.Dragon's are another idea kids like the fairy tail thing both boy's and girls
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    Options
    I love Winnie the pooh
  • muffin_shufflin
    muffin_shufflin Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Curious George? I always thought that'd be a cute birthday theme :)
  • mred93
    mred93 Posts: 100
    Options
    You could do a Jungle theme
  • DarthBubbles
    Options
    what about a color? like a certain color plates, napkins, balloons, etc. At that age he probably doesn't have a favorite character of some kind.

^ This.

Or since you already have a clown, maybe a circus theme?
  • slayerdan
    slayerdan Posts: 193
    Options
    Seriously? One year old bdays r for the parents.....bit the kid....it really doesn't matter what u do.....do an exorcist theme.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    We didn't have a theme for my son's first birthday (other than the obvious 1 year). Come to think of it, other than the birthday cake he made a mess of, there was very little "birthday party" ish about it...I threw down some pork chops, beans 'n'rice, sweet tea, greens, mac'n'cheese and invited the whole church over. It was really more of a grown folk party.

If you can't come up with a theme don't worry about it! Soon he'll be old enough to insist on what he wants (and tell you what *you* want to do is "soooo for babies, mom." Just have fun!
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    Options
    Seriously? One year old bdays r for the parents.....bit the kid....it really doesn't matter what u do.....do an exorcist theme.

lol my husband likes this idea
  • Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
    sports, toy story, superheroes, mickey mouse, the list goes on and on.
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    Toy Story?

Or you could just do a colour theme. Have everything multi coloured (balloons, plates, cups etc) if you cant think of a theme.
  • Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
    yes toy story, you know- woody, buzz, jessie-- the movie.