Help!!! My son's first birthday!

Options
2»

Replies

• abvickrey
    abvickrey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Well since you have the clown... how about a circus theme?!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    We did Mickey Mouse for each of my boy's 1st birthday.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    For a first birthday, I always liked jungle animals. Most little guys like monkeys and bears and the like. A monkey cake is easy to make, or you can decorate a sheet cake with cheapy safari toys. Cars, circus, or dinosaurs are other good ideas. They're generic enough to find plenty of party supplies, but allow you to really personalize it for your little guy.
  • SkinnieFinnie
    SkinnieFinnie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have a 6yr old daughter & a 3yr old son. Here are some themes we've used:

Wild, wild west
    Camouflage
    art
    Curious George
    Elmo
    Disney (cars maybe? We did Ariel)
    Circus/Carnival

Google it!
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    this is off the wall but what about lots of color and boxes.... kids love to play with boxes... alphabet blocks, brick boxes to build walls and little forts and just boxes to play in. My nephew loves boxes and makes hours of fun with them. Even likes to get out the crayons and color on them. He even makes his zoo with the boxes. I know like i said it's way off the wall
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Seriously? One year old bdays r for the parents.....bit the kid....it really doesn't matter what u do.....do an exorcist theme.

lol my husband likes this idea

Seriously, have a nice birthday cake, maybe lunch at home, invite the grandparents, aunts / uncles. If he interacts with other kids his own age in daycare, or on play dates, maybe a couple of them w/their moms.... he will not know what all the fuss is about. Just take pics of him smearing the cake on his face, and enjoy.

Otherwise, you are setting a precedent of having to out-do yourself, and worse, your friends, every year. And if you have more kids, it's gonna cost a fortune! ;-)
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Cute as a button!

Button cookies, button candy, button themed everything.

I need another baby.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    You got the clown. How about a circus theme.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Why does it have to have a theme? Can't the theme just be turning one?
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Seriously? One year old bdays r for the parents.....bit the kid....it really doesn't matter what u do.....do an exorcist theme.

I approve of this comment
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Options

lol my husband likes this idea

Seriously, have a nice birthday cake, maybe lunch at home, invite the grandparents, aunts / uncles. If he interacts with other kids his own age in daycare, or on play dates, maybe a couple of them w/their moms.... he will not know what all the fuss is about. Just take pics of him smearing the cake on his face, and enjoy.

Otherwise, you are setting a precedent of having to out-do yourself, and worse, your friends, every year. And if you have more kids, it's gonna cost a fortune! ;-)

Can't have it at home, NYC apartment a.k.a small, party list is 100-120 people
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I have girls BUT my nephew always has great birthdays....

1st bday.....cowboy theme....hayride, dressed up!
    2nd ....circus theme ....games and a clown
    3rd....superhero...spiderman came to visit
    4th.....halloween party....kids dressed up... (he has a september bday)

Now my sis is Jehovah Witness and they all of sudden wont do bday parties.....dont get me started!
  • chrissyw63
    chrissyw63 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    we didn't do a "theme" per se for my son's first birthday ... we just had decorations in blue, green, red, yellow, etc ... just bright and fun. themes can be fun, but don't stress too bad about it yet :) he's still a youngin'.
  • tkaawa
    tkaawa Posts: 302
    Options
    safari
    mickey mouse
    trucks/sports
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    My son was in love with anything and everything dog related around his 1st birthday so we did had dogs on everything- dog plates, napkins, dog bone shaped sandwiches, etc. This year he's obsessed with "Lighin' Keen" so he had a Disney Cars birthday.
    Go with something your kid loves.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Cars, toy story, elmo.
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I have girls BUT my nephew always has great birthdays....

1st bday.....cowboy theme....hayride, dressed up!
    2nd ....circus theme ....games and a clown
    3rd....superhero...spiderman came to visit
    4th.....halloween party....kids dressed up... (he has a september bday)

Now my sis is Jehovah Witness and they all of sudden wont do bday parties.....dont get me started!

lolol
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    For my oldest first birthday, the theme was Blue's Clues because he loved that at the time :)